DHS pg6x, pg3t, 301t, pg5x, 301 and 506 x what are the differences?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
I want to try a carbon blade without spending a fortune. I doubt I would be good enough or have much use for an outer carbon blade so I want to try an inner carbon one. I have seen these new DHS blades on AliExpress the ones with t at the end All say that they use "new yellow blue and black ALC" how does this play compared to regular DHS ALC. And in general what are the key differences between all of the blades in the title of the post? Even if you have only played with one or two of the blades it would be nice to have your opinion on how they play

Last edited:
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
I've used pg5x too. Good feel, good control. Due to notorious DHS QC, it lacks solid feel due to material used, so at a point, even using 40-41 degree hurricane 3 neo unboosted, it feels like hitting with a pillow. Some friends using pg5x with tensors/eurojaps seems to feel just fine, though. In the end, I upgrade to fang bo b2x, and sold the pg5x 😂

506x supposed to be a kind of viscaria-type blade from DHS. When buying the b2x, I also got offered the 506x, and get a chance for detailed look at 506x. Pretty nice actually, outer composite with potentially good feel, pretty solid judging from the sound pitch and feeling from the ball bouncing on the bare head.

Regarding T series like 301t etc., I'm also waiting for any detailed information 😗

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I want to try a carbon blade without spending a fortune. I doubt I would be good enough or have much use for an outer carbon blade so I want to try an inner carbon one. I have seen these new DHS blades on AliExpress the ones with t at the end All say that they use "new yellow blue and black ALC" how does this play compared to regular DHS ALC. And in general what are the key differences between all of the blades in the title of the post? Even if you have only played with one or two of the blades it would be nice to have your opinion on how they play

If you want to try carbon blade without spending a fortune, your go to blade would be the from Yinhe brand.

• Love
Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've used pg5x too. Good feel, good control. Due to notorious DHS QC, it lacks solid feel due to material used, so at a point, even using 40-41 degree hurricane 3 neo unboosted, it feels like hitting with a pillow. Some friends using pg5x with tensors/eurojaps seems to feel just fine, though. In the end, I upgrade to fang bo b2x, and sold the pg5x 😂

506x supposed to be a kind of viscaria-type blade from DHS. When buying the b2x, I also got offered the 506x, and get a chance for detailed look at 506x. Pretty nice actually, outer composite with potentially good feel, pretty solid judging from the sound pitch and feeling from the ball bouncing on the bare head.

Regarding T series like 301t etc., I'm also waiting for any detailed information 😗

Can confirm.
I am playing with this the TG 506x for quite some time now and it feels great. Will definitly stick to it for at least this season.
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 neo 40° 2,1 (boosted with 2 layers of FTL)
BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80 37° (unboosted)

Tested Yinhe V14 pro before, but this blade a slightly faster and stiffer and is harder to play with imo. Another disadvantage was the durability. This wood is splintering way too easy, which forces me to switch the blade after 2 rubberswitches already -.- That was a dealbreaker for me for future purchases because this way this blade loses is budget advantage completely if i have to buy another blade every 6 months or so.

I have played the DHS Hurricane Long 3 before that and those blades are at least kinda similar in terms of controll and speed. The Long 3 is probably even faster, but i dont like the harder vibration of it in my hand. Not really a dealbreaker but that is why the Long 3 is my sub-racket now.

The only critique i have with this is blade is the finish.
It had several carbonfibers sticking out of the handly and the edges close to the grip. In my case is had to sand this down, so yeah kinda sad but still far from being a dealbreaker because the next step would be to pay more than double the price for a real viscaria or finding another alternative^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Can confirm.
I am playing with this the TG 506x for quite some time now and it feels great. Will definitly stick to it for at least this season.

Tested Yinhe V14 pro before, but this blade a slightly faster and stiffer and is harder to play with imo. Another disadvantage was the durability. This wood is splintering way too easy, which forces me to switch the blade after 2 rubberswitches already -.- That was a dealbreaker for me for future purchases because this way this blade loses is budget advantage completely if i have to buy another blade every 6 months or so.

I have played the DHS Hurricane Long 3 before that and those blades are at least kinda similar in terms of controll and speed. The Long 3 is probably even faster, but i dont like the harder vibration of it in my hand. Not really a dealbreaker but that is why the Long 3 is my sub-racket now.

It had several carbonfibers sticking out of the handly and the edges close to the grip. In my case is had to sand this down, so yeah kinda sad but still far from being a dealbreaker because the next step would be to pay more than double the price for a real viscaria or finding another alternative^^

I have a couple of Yinhe V-14 PRO as well, and I too found out that the wood splinters too easy. Really nice fast blade otherwise...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I have a couple of Yinhe V-14 PRO as well, and I too found out that the wood splinters too easy. Really nice fast blade otherwise...

When I had mine, I just applied very thin layer of sealant. I still managed to nick it, but nothing really really bad happened even after 3 rubber changes.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
So good competition around the 50USD range from both Yinhe and DHS. And no one even mentioned the Yinhe 970XX ALC and KLC, M101, M102, M201, M202, Pro01, Pro11s, Pro13s.

These are all fantastic blades and so are the previously mentioned others from DHS.

Add Pro-Feeling to that list as well. The issue I have with Yinhe is a severe lack of details for us EJs (am I an EJ if I had not changed equipment last year?). I tried to figure out the top ply of the 970XX for a long while. Yinhe has a lot of different Viscaria like blades, but I have not seen any very good L5 clone and definitely not played with one. Not saying that a Long5 Yinhe clone does not exist. I just have not seen one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
So good competition around the 50USD range from both Yinhe and DHS. And no one even mentioned the Yinhe 970XX ALC and KLC, M101, M102, M201, M202, Pro01, Pro11s, Pro13s.

These are all fantastic blades and so are the previously mentioned others from DHS.

Because OP didnt ask^^

I just gave my exp with one of the blades he wanted to have information on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Add Pro-Feeling to that list as well. The issue I have with Yinhe is a severe lack of details for us EJs (am I an EJ if I had not changed equipment last year?). I tried to figure out the top ply of the 970XX for a long while. Yinhe has a lot of different Viscaria like blades, but I have not seen any very good L5 clone and definitely not played with one. Not saying that a Long5 Yinhe clone does not exist. I just have not seen one.

I think the 970xx A and K has koto just one is dyed koto (ayous can look very similar, but Yinhe kind of uses a lot of koto top plies and I don't remember any ayous). 970xx C should be cypress, don't think for this price it's hinoki.

I will say that I had a Fang B2 and B2X and I think they are glued together better than Yinhe blades. Never had a single splinter from them and they are soft limba top plies. With Yinhe I had some accidents. But Yinhe blades have so nice handles, probably the best of all brands, the FL just fills up my palm.

May 2021

Can confirm.

Typically mid-range yinhe blades, so stiff, less feeling. I don't really into v14-pro too, tried it less than 5 minute, and return it immediately 😂😂😂 but pro 01, different story. It's way better.

May 2021

Yinhe did make some direct clone of long5/long5x/w968 actually. Some are branded after North Korean national players (yep, if you buy the blade, you are financially contributing in North Korean nuclear's funding, and of course donating for the Supreme Leader's cheese supplies funding 😂), some are coded by numbers too (like what Zhu Yi used, or uses, who knows, nowadays chinese proffesional players are even way better EJ than us mortals)

Yinhe 977 = viscaria-structure
Yinhe 977s = inner composite, koto top ply
Yinhe 977-1 = inner composite, limba top ply (this is what supposed to be long5/long5x/w968 clone)

Reactions: mocker88 and Tipiak