New league season – what’s your goal?

This user has no status.
This is one weird aspect of our league.
We are so low players and nothing is really going on..
Yet we really want to win bad!
So mostly emotions go out.
Second - maybe this is just a common Slovakian habbit.. :(

totally agree, firstly I was amazed how they were so angry. Later on, my behavior just like them :D

This user has no status.
Well 1st half of the league ends with a whimper, as I played in the last match while still not recovered from injury ----- promptly lost 2 of my 3 matches to hand the overall title to my team mate, who ended with 22 wins, 2 losses, while I was 21 wins, 3 losses. :mad: . The decisive match was my last match, a 5 setter, where i had chances to win, but simply wasn't able to get over the line, my opponent played really well and I wasn't able to get in position to play my game. No regrets, great start to the season and now we get to step up a level for the 2H. ! Here's to 2018, I'd pay big money for an injury free season with no further drama :rolleyes:

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Well 1st half of the league ends with a whimper, as I played in the last match while still not recovered from injury ----- promptly lost 2 of my 3 matches to hand the overall title to my team mate, who ended with 22 wins, 2 losses, while I was 21 wins, 3 losses. :mad: . The decisive match was my last match, a 5 setter, where i had chances to win, but simply wasn't able to get over the line, my opponent played really well and I wasn't able to get in position to play my game. No regrets, great start to the season and now we get to step up a level for the 2H. ! Here's to 2018, I'd pay big money for an injury free season with no further drama :rolleyes:

Now i know for sure who you are :D But i was already quiet sure because of your nick.
We got a swiss cup match in Gland in the near future, quiet close to Nyon :) If you want you can come and cheer us on :)

Today my team and I played our last match of the first round. We lost our first ever match this season leaving us with a 69:1 games won :p It just looks so ugly. /irony off

I played an opponent I lost to last season... this time I did not. Won 11:2 11:3 and 12:10 (awful lot of edge and netballs in the last game). I was amazed how many points i got just pushing the ball and doing openups... It made me feel proud as I must have gotten better this last season :)

This user has no status.
Now i know for sure who you are :D But i was already quiet sure because of your nick.
We got a swiss cup match in Gland in the near future, quiet close to Nyon :) If you want you can come and cheer us on :)

Today my team and I played our last match of the first round. We lost our first ever match this season leaving us with a 69:1 games won :p It just looks so ugly. /irony off

I played an opponent I lost to last season... this time I did not. Won 11:2 11:3 and 12:10 (awful lot of edge and netballs in the last game). I was amazed how many points i got just pushing the ball and doing openups... It made me feel proud as I must have gotten better this last season :)

It turns out I played my last league match with a still injured knee, so off for an MRI now...good luck against Gland, looks like a fairly even match up on paper with your team slightly stronger at the bottom, and Gland slightly better at the top! They were very strong up till this year where they lost most of their higher ranked players to other club, and they have a few players they can pull out of hiding for big occasions, so don't be surprised if they do! Your comment about winning at your level doing pushing and openers applies for every league....what changes is the quality of the pushes required----for me, the best advice is to try always to be the person that opens first, heavy spin first ball gets you in a position to win a very high percentage of the time.

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
So I finished first half of the season with 13:6 and made more than 100 TTR :) I am pleased with the results although I think i could have won 2 more of those games. After all a good comeback after a break of a few years. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So we got to play a team who was just above us as a last match of the year.
The season continues in January, where we start to play all the teams once again (who we played home we play there and where we went, they will come to us).
So we kind of had to beat them, as they were one place better.
And we have been at the bottom of the rankings..
We managed to win 10:8 despite of losing both doubles in the beginning and being down 0:2 and 2:4, yeah!
I am going to share my match with an old defender and with one young lefty that we took into the 5th..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
The second round has started. We had our rematch in a well hidden club... located somewhere in the woods :D

We won 9:1... I almost lost my first match as I could not get into the groove. I have got the feeling that this league makes me play worse and worse, I use my feet less and mostly just pass the ball back... only in one game i looped like I could and won it 11:1 >.< Standing 24:0 in the 4. league now

I will need better training for the next season in the third league, as I will get destroyed otherwise :O

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
So I stand at 15:7 now, so far so good :) played 2:1 last time but should have played 3:0 :( lead 1:0, 2:1 and lost 2:3 in the fifth. :( played against an old guy with anti. We played with D40+ and with the anti the ball stopped on the table, really weird behavior.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I want to gain at least 250 TTR. My rating is still like 300 lower than it should be, because there aren't many matches in Finland over one year.
That sucks big time also for my opponents, since in the few little club intern tournaments I play, I am matched against lesser players due to my rating.
In league I have players of equal strength, which sucks for them, since in case of a win for me I am stealing almost all their TTR. However, to achieve my goal, I probably need a winrate of 60-70%. I finished with 50% last season, so this will be difficult.

To achieve my goal I need to work on serve/receive and openings on the table and especially footwork. I am much slower on my feet than I think. But aren't we all? :D

Good luck to all of you! :)
On the footwork: So right. Just recorded part of a training session some time ago, where I thought we played lightning fast, only to see me stumbling uncoordinated around the table. Robs all illusions.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Second half of our season has begun. We are second in top division of our local league. I'm currently on 62% win percentage, which I am happy with. Earlier in the season, I got thumped by a long pimples attacker. Played him again this week and manged to scrape a 3-2 win. Not sure how I won, but delighted I did!