Thickness: Max
Speed: OFF
Hardness: 50 degrees

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Joola Tango vs Joola Tango PS

I had the chance to test both rubbers on different blades. I always expect testing and using ESN rubbers that are tacky since I am a tacky rubber user. Both rubbers are tacky fresh from the box and they have a sticky surface that you can feel from Chinese rubbers. Both of them seem to have an identical topsheet but they differ in the sponge make up and also the hardness of their sponges. The Tango is 54 degrees while the Tango PS has a 50 degree sponge. The sponge of the Golden Tango is a creamy white colored sponge while the PS version has this pink or purple sponge that is similar to the sponges of the Rhyzer series. In fact, it is similar to the Rhyzer 50’s sponge hardness which is 50 degrees also.

I used the 3 PBO blades for the 2 rubbers – Nobilis, Zelebro and Energon. I used both rubbers on each side just to have a direct comparison and also to check the differences. The Tango PS is outright more reactive than the regular Tango because the sponge is significantly softer and will give you more speed if both rubbers are hit the same way and depth of compression with the sponge is also the same but the regular Tango can be faster if it reaches a certain threshold. It will give you more speed and power once you compressed the sponge enough. Both rubbers are very bouncy on fh-fh drives or bh-bh drives with the Tango PS initially being more bouncy up to some point of sponge compression. I would say the speed of the Tango regular is the same with the Rhyzer 50. If not for the tackiness of the regular Tango, I think the Tango can be faster but it is limited to a point because the rubber is tacky. The PS version is slower than the Rhyzer 50 despite having the same sponge hardness or identical sponge makeup. Again, tackiness of the topsheet is the one that causes the reduction in speed. On harder shots like smashes or loop drives, the regular Tango definitely gives you more speed and power. What I like with both rubbers is that both are easier to smash with compare to a commercial untuned Hurricane 3. The 2 Tango rubbers seem to have factory boosting. With their speed it is not hard to assume that both have tuning on the sponge. For smashing, the PS version is easier to smash with.

If we will be talking about spin, generating spin with both rubbers are easier compared to Hurricane because of the bounciness of the sponge. The Hurricane 3 commercial version has this deadness in the bounce and also has a tackier surface resulting to decreased energy transfer from the sponge to the ball there reducing also the rebound speed. With both the Tango versions, there is significantly more power transferred which helps in generating spin easier for topspins. The PS version is the easier rubber to produce spin if you are the type to compress the sponge more and with less brushing. The regular Tango version can give you more amount of spin if you have developed a brushing technique that is above intermediate level. The regular Tango will reward you with more spin even with just brushing the ball thinly while the PS version will give you an easier time to produce spin but it involves the sponge also. The regular Tango has a lower arc than the PS version when looping the ball. In short, the PS version is more forgiving when it comes to looping underspin because it is easier to handle and can clear the net easily because of its medium arc. The regular Tango version when used right can has a good low-flying loops which are harder to block than the PS version.

For serves, the regular Tango is indeed has more spin as you can feel the ball easily gripped by the topsheet. For underspin pushes, again the regular Tango is also spinnier. Both rubbers are excellent with dropshots as both can give you short, low returns that are easy to control. For blocking, due to the softer sponge, the PS version will give you better control and handling when returning strong topspin attacks. The regular Tango give a faster and more powerful rebound on blocks once the topspin get stronger and when you are blocking with it, the balls bounces quickly and for some lower level players, it is better if they use the PS version.
All in all, the regular Tango is awesome if you have the right amount of skill to use it. I would suggest that it will be used by advanced level of players while the PS version can be used as early as an intermediate level of player because it is easier to use.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Any differences on the Golden Tango between the black and red sheets performance wise?

Interestingly, my coach is using the golden tango for his FH. I tried this rubber 3 weeks ago as well, before deciding to change from xiom vega pro to hurricane. It's a high gear rubber, it can produce good spin as well as pace. But I feel like this rubber is for players who like to hit or smash, or doesn't brush and loop the ball as often like I am.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
I've had the same problem with Tibhar k1/k2 in terms of brushing, nearly impossible for me. I needed a lot of forward momentum in the stroke (engage the sponge like Yogi said) or the ball would just not make it over the net. I guess it's just a charecteristic of sticky hybrid rubbers, one I did not expect I might add.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I've had the same problem with Tibhar k1/k2 in terms of brushing, nearly impossible for me. I needed a lot of forward momentum in the stroke (engage the sponge like Yogi said) or the ball would just not make it over the net. I guess it's just a charecteristic of sticky hybrid rubbers, one I did not expect I might add.

there is no problem to brush with K1

Jul 2019
there is no problem to brush with K1

Well it might obviously be just a personal thing but I couldn't brush like I can with my H3 or even D05 at all. Had to use a completely different motion then what I was used to, the spin was there but the ball just didn't get the arc I wanted. K1 and K2 are nice rubbers, very tacky and pretty fast but they just didn't suit me very well I guess.

Maybe I'll try the Golden Tango's sometime but I doubt they will be much different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
By the way, just tried Golden Tango PS vs the new tacky hybrid Rakza Z, maybe somebody will find this useful. Rakza Z feels quite close in hardness to the GTPS, but the arc of the Rakza Z is significantly higher and it's much easier to lift the ball on the topspin vs backspin - does not require as much brushing and provides some catapult.

Last edited: