Tibhar K1 and K1 European version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I have only played with K1 (the one sold in China). What an underrated rubber!!
I am also interested to know the difference.
Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

I agree, just switched to it (the European one). Probably not a spin monster (depends how you perform the shot), but very playable. Let's you hit your forehands quite precisely with great control. On my amateur level I feel no lack of power so far.

Long time no see, cheers guys!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I agree, just switched to it (the European one). Probably not a spin monster (depends how you perform the shot), but very playable. Let's you hit your forehands quite precisely with great control. On my amateur level I feel no lack of power so far.

Long time no see, cheers guys!
Yup agree!! Mine is tacky. At least more tacky than the newer Hurricane. The sponge is also very responsive.

On the same blade (Ma Long V) I would say my K1 is as spinny as my Neo H3 provincial orange sponge. But the top speed is less than H3. However K1 has way more control and feel TBH.

I have boosted my H3 with 2 layers of Seamoon oil.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Yup agree!! Mine is tacky. At least more tacky than the newer Hurricane. The sponge is also very responsive.

On the same blade (Ma Long V) I would say my K1 is as spinny as my Neo H3 provincial orange sponge. But the top speed is less than H3. However K1 has way more control and feel TBH.

I have boosted my H3 with 2 layers of Seamoon oil.

Agree, I had the same impression. There are also newer versions: Hybrid K1+ and Hybrid K2. Have anyone tried them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Agree, I had the same impression. There are also newer versions: Hybrid K1+ and Hybrid K2. Have anyone tried them?

Yes, plus there are Donic's BlueGrip rubbers too. These are exciting news as playing with these kind of rubbers on fh is much more fun for me than being frustrated with the catapult effect you don't really want, specially on the short game. There are downsize the them too, but all in all the control of the game is immense. Much more satisfying. So I'm quite curious too if anyone has experience with other hybrid rubbers and how they compare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Looking at @Zeio's post and tt11 offer, there should be at least 4 or 5 different versions of the Tibhar K(x) series.
K1 Euro (and Chinese?)
K1 Plus
K1 Pro
and K2

Seems that in terms of sponge hardness: K1 Euro < K1 Plus < K2 (and Pro?). For all of them tt11 suggests booster usage to improve their characteristics.

There is this nice review from Patrick Hrdlicka tabletennis11.com and I pretty much agree with him.
https://blog.tabletennis11.com/tibhar-hybrid-k1-european

I have played with Europe version but I was not satisfied at all. Evolution series is much better.

I mean K1 Euro is not a "revolutionary" rubber but a very decent and good "hybrid" I would say. Typical (commercial) H3 or Skyline was a little tricky for me and preferably (imho) required some boosting which was never my thing. K1 Euro even without special treatment plays ok and pairs nice with the TB alc. If I put MX-P on that blade it would require me to become an "ultimate" attacker which is not my game. I have another setup with Cornilleau Origin Off- and MX-P on the fh and it's ok, but still when I switch back to the alc + K1 I feel a breath of fresh air and the amount of freedom that this controlling rubber gives me is overwhelming.

As I mentioned, on the amateur level a little less spin than H3 or less speed than say mx-s that Patric talks about is really not that important. But the setup is of course unique, you probably need to develop a specific taste to use it - like when you drink Whisky with smokiness ... ; )

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
According to Tibhar's site K1 has less spin and speed than Evolution MX-* series:
MX-* Speed: 128Control: 75Spin: 120Strategy: OFF+
K1 Speed: 107Control: 85Spin: 115Strategy: OFF+

I was hoping of more spin, less speed is good for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
According to Tibhar's site K1 has less spin and speed than Evolution MX-* series:
MX-* Speed: 128Control: 75Spin: 120Strategy: OFF+
K1 Speed: 107Control: 85Spin: 115Strategy: OFF+

I was hoping of more spin, less speed is good for me.

Hmm . . . . I would disagree with that.

I have played Chinese tacky rubber on FH all my life. So I have developed a stroke that relies on brushing for FH loop.

MXP is probably spinnier than K1 if you perform the European type of stroke. In European FH stroke the sponge is engaged very deeply in an angle that the tackiness of the topsheet plays a mininal effect. In this stroke I agree MXP would produce more spin than K1.

In contrast, I fully brush the topsheet before enagaging the sponge. In this case I find K1 just as spinny as H3 provincial which is spinnier than MXP.

So I think it depends on what stroke you get used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
In contrast, I fully brush the topsheet before enagaging the sponge. In this case I find K1 just as spinny as H3 provincial which is spinnier than MXP.

So I think it depends on what stroke you get used to.

I guess H3 or any typical Chinese rubber would be more sticky than K1 so ball flies away a bit faster, hence a liiiittle more spin I would say, but the technique needed is of course very different from a typical tensor like. My level is amateur but I could keep up with the fh to fh exchanges with my peers, no problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I mean K1 Euro is not a "revolutionary" rubber but a very decent and good "hybrid" I would say. Typical (commercial) H3 or Skyline was a little tricky for me and preferably (imho) required some boosting which was never my thing. K1 Euro even without special treatment plays ok and pairs nice with the TB alc. If I put MX-P on that blade it would require me to become an "ultimate" attacker which is not my game. I have another setup with Cornilleau Origin Off- and MX-P on the fh and it's ok, but still when I switch back to the alc + K1 I feel a breath of fresh air and the amount of freedom that this controlling rubber gives me is overwhelming.

As I mentioned, on the amateur level a little less spin than H3 or less speed than say mx-s that Patric talks about is really not that important. But the setup is of course unique, you probably need to develop a specific taste to use it - like when you drink Whisky with smokiness ... ; )
Well I meant evolution ELP in comarison. K1 was bit tacky at the begining while was new and quite OK, but still I was able to generate more spin with ELP. After one month all tackiness went off and the rubber was just hard without anything special.
The other thing is that not very often producers of new rubbers do big sales and this one went down 20%.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Well I meant evolution ELP in comarison. K1 was bit tacky at the begining while was new and quite OK, but still I was able to generate more spin with ELP. After one month all tackiness went off and the rubber was just hard without anything special.
The other thing is that not very often producers of new rubbers do big sales and this one went down 20%.

Just had several session with it, but no haven't played with it too long so can't say much about durability.