Hinoki 100%

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
And, only in case you don't know, when you have the same kind of wood, at same thickness less layers is more speed but less control, more layers in less speed and more control. That's why I prefer the H3-9 to the H1-9
obviously referring to my play and strokes.
Regards

hows the control of h39 compare to a clipper wood? do you think h39 will compliment to a short pips in forehand?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Actually, I am not so sure that everything is fine now. You were basically asked why it would be okay for you to have a high quality blade but you were telling someone else they were confused and should not fuss about equipment. Your response was a demonstration of bad behavior.

If you apologize to Gwenved about your post, then it would seem that everything is fine.
I disagree,

he picked on my post and got personal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
hows the control of h39 compare to a clipper wood? do you think h39 will compliment to a short pips in forehand?
Well difficult to say, the feeling of both are really different but what sure, H3-9 + short pimps is good, better than long pimps, based on the past so without glue. Very explosive close to the table and needs training.
Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Well difficult to say, the feeling of both are really different but what sure, H3-9 + short pimps is good, better than long pimps, based on the past so without glue. Very explosive close to the table and needs training.
Regards

the new h39 now is 6.7mm thick, is that the same thickness you have played? does it have a soft or hard feel?

This user has no status.
the new h39 now is 6.7mm thick, is that the same thickness you have played? does it have a soft or hard feel?
No Wappak, the H5 was 8mm and the H3-9 was 9mm, it name comes from here, Hinoki, 3 layers, 9 mm.
But the H3-9 I saw in my retailer was 9mm. Seems to be the latest one. Are you sure about your info?
Take care

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There seems to be contradictory information on thickness of Tibhar H-3-9 on the internet. It is possible that this is because there are blades with different thicknesses. I am not sure.

But, if you are considering this blade, it may be worth reading this thread from MyTT from 2010. It is old. But there may be information to consider.

1) It looks like some people say the blade is 7.5mm thick based on owning it; some say 6.7 or 6.8; some say 9mm.

2) Some people say it feels good; some people say the H-3-9 they got had unbearable vibrations; others say, not.

So, maybe worth the read. All that information sounds like to me is inconsistency in wood or production. And, truthfully, with all wood blades, especially with a rare, hard to get wood like Hinoki, it seems like it is in a range of normal.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/tibhar-h39_topic31653.html

BTW: On Tibhar's website, they do not mention anything about thickness of H-3-9 having been changed:

https://www.tibhar.com/en/product/h-3-9/

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi all, as far as I know the H3-9 ( as the H1-9) has always been 9mm at least in Europe.
Maybe you have different thickness in other regions of the world?

Sometimes different thicknesses happen as a result of quality control. 1.5-2.3mm seems like a big mistake in quality control. But there can be any number of reasons there would be different reports on the thickness.

It is clear from the name though that 9 signifies 9mm thick, and Tibhar's site does not say anything about the thickness. So, the thinner versions, it is up for interpretation how that happened including people measuring for themself and measuring incorrectly.

Hard to say. But it is safe to say that there are conflicting reports of the thickness of the blade. Why that is the case? We cannot tell. But if someone ordered few 100 and found they were all the same thickness, that would be a start to have documentation on the thickness. Not that anyone needs to do that. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Friends know the store http://www.xlntsports.co.uk/?
Can I buy without problem? I have seen the Septear + 2 Fastarc G-1 at 110 euros and it is a good opportunity to play with this explosive 100% Nittaku combination
My decision in the end goes for a classic but it costs me the same racket as the darker blade, I think it will be a good first date with the hinoki
Thank you very much to all!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Sometimes different thicknesses happen as a result of quality control. 1.5-2.3mm seems like a big mistake in quality control. But there can be any number of reasons there would be different reports on the thickness.

It is clear from the name though that 9 signifies 9mm thick, and Tibhar's site does not say anything about the thickness. So, the thinner versions, it is up for interpretation how that happened including people measuring for themself and measuring incorrectly.

Hard to say. But it is safe to say that there are conflicting reports of the thickness of the blade. Why that is the case? We cannot tell. But if someone ordered few 100 and found they were all the same thickness, that would be a start to have documentation on the thickness. Not that anyone needs to do that. :)

Hi Carl,
I've asked directly to Tibhar and I have now the anwer. The H-1-9 is still 9mm as originally the H-3-9 was 9mm too as the H-5-9 they were all 9mm thick. Now the new generation of H-3-9 is 7 / 7,5 mm
Regards

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Carl,
I've asked directly to Tibhar and I have now the anwer. The H-1-9 is still 9mm as originally the H-3-9 was 9mm too as the H-5-9 they were all 9mm thick. Now the new generation of H-3-9 is 7 / 7,5 mm
Regards

And there you have why there are varied reports of thickness. Interesting that they say 7-7.5mm and don't just give a specific thickness but rather a range of thickness.

This user has no status.
And there you have why there are varied reports of thickness. Interesting that they say 7-7.5mm and don't just give a specific thickness but rather a range of thickness.

Yes Carl, and no explanation why they change to 7/7,5mm. So in this case it has to be slower than it was in the past with more control.
Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The change in Thickness is probably related to the type of the wood. Maybe in the past they could source hinoki with a lower density, but now the wood heavier so they had to change the Thickness to compensate for that.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
its around 6.7mm as indicated by the online store
89f9afbba0b158252acb4085205dfbcb.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
its around 6.7mm as indicated by the online store
cache.php

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Well, at least this one is. If you do that to 100 more and show the results, if they are all consistent, then we would know. But for sure, that one is approximately 6.8mm thick.

This user has no status.
Well, at least this one is. If you do that to 100 more and show the results, if they are all consistent, then we would know. But for sure, that one is approximately 6.8mm thick.
Hi all, When I said 7 to 7.5 mm it came from Thibar directly, not from me, That's the answer they gave me.
If it's from 6.8 to 7.5 that a very big gap....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Sauger & Troger Kasalla is a fantastic piece of wood with Yasaka Razka Po in fh and Frienship 802-40 III in bh

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi all, When I said 7 to 7.5 mm it came from Thibar directly, not from me, That's the answer they gave me.
If it's from 6.8 to 7.5 that a very big gap....

In that thread that I linked to, from MyTT, some people listed 6.7, some listed 7.0, others 7.5, and some listed 9.0. So on that thread, there were people who had the blade with different thicknesses. So, I did not get the thicknesses I listed from this thread. I got them from thicknesses reported on that thread as well. You can look above and follow the link to find that thread if you want to see what was said back when that thread was active.

Someone in that thread also says that the shakehand versions are 6.8. But it seems there are a lot of versions of this blade out there with different thicknesses.

Last edited: