Colorful sponges

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hey everyone,

First off i know this is going to sound fruity, but... I was wondering what rubbers have really nice coloured sponges (and not the bland orange or mxp red)? Even though i love to have a blade that feels good, aesthetics also play a role for me. That's one of the reasons i was a little sad that the olympics didn't happen, because of the coloured rubbers. Ive been looking at several rubbers with good looking sponges. Im looking for something similair to t05/d05 but with a pretty sponge. If possible something not too hard. I found the following list (of non tacky rubbers):
-new andro rubbers (green sponges)
-blue series from donic (blue obv.)
-Jooly rhyzer and rhyzer pro (pink)
-joola dynaryz (purple)
-victas v series (creamy White)
-new xiom rubbers (black)

Would like a rubber with good spin, medium-high throw and a nice catapult effect. What do you think comes closest to t05/d05. Would love to hear your ideas and if you know of any others.

With kind regards,
Martijn

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
If it’s all about colours, I’d love to have a black xiom (which has black sponge) and red MX-P (which has red sponge). Simplicity is good!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
What do you think comes closest to t05/d05.

This same question has not been easier to answer since it was first asked.

But I think in terms of performance you cannot go wrong with Rasanter rubbers and XIOM Omega. R53 certainly rivals or overpowers t05 in spin potential, and Omega 7 Tour probably does also.
Creamy white looks good on the new Cornilleau rubbers also. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
@bricec, those are mostly tacky rubbers though right? I preffer non tacky. But that's good to know!

@Tango K, ooh that sounds good actually :p or red xiom and black mxp for the double contrast!

@airoc, in not looking for the same feeling as t05/d05, just something that has similair spin/speed and throw. A lot of reviews about the bluestorm series for example is that it has a lot of speed but barely any spin, for the joola and xiom rubbers i hear they mostly have a fairly low arc. That's the reason for asking. Havent heard about the cornilleau rubbers, anything that i should look into? Whenever i think of that brand i think of my camping starter bat which was one of the cheapest and most useless bats :p.

@mart1nandersson i wholeheartedly agree! That's one of the reasons i am looking into the ryzer pro 45, now if only i could find a good fluorescent blade to go with it!

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
@bricec, those are mostly tacky rubbers though right? I preffer non tacky. But that's good to know!

indeed. Although the Thibar ones are in the same vein as dignics 09c et rakza Z so they behave mostly like European rubbers. But yes slightly tacky.

sorry I didn’t read your post correctly and only answered wrt the colors :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Havent heard about the cornilleau rubbers, anything that i should look into?

They´re a bit under the radar, but the rubbers are top notch ESN quality. I am not for any "micro comparison" as regards several criteria, but practically whether I use the 47,5 degree version or other newer ESN rubbers does not make a difference for me. Price is a bit prohibitive, though ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Nah, the azalea is too timid. I want to blind my opponent with how much color my blade has ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one will notice the ~2mm of sponge...

If you want to show some personality, look into bright colored side tape.