Tibhar mx-s backhand

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That is interesting indeed. I'd never thought Schlager carbon would be used for any developing players given that it's such a stiff blade. I often wonder how a very stiff blade like Primorac/Schlager carbon with a softer sponge plays (T05FX) vs. a less stiff blade like Acoustic with a hard sponge (T05H).
It really isnt so terrible if you understand what Korean coaches expect out of an adult new devloping player.

They want the new player to stand at the table and HIT with FH and keep it in play with BH. They emphasize hundreds in a row of the FH fast shot with light to light medium spin. They emphasize footwork and playing FH.

A fast rebounding fast top end OFF+ blade with a low throw controllable rubber is actually very optimal efficient for that shot.

That is why the old school CV coaches start players that way.

Nowadays, with more modern pros retiring and opening clubs, you can see more and more topspin oriented coaching happening... and the equipment better for that task. (OFF composite loop or loop driving blades and higher throw dynamic rubbers)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was playing FX-S on my backhand for a while and I enjoyed its control when opening backspin. However, it was missing something for me. I tried switching to 1.9 and I gained even more control but I had a hard time controlling blocks. I even switched to Impartial XS and I liked that but I suffered as I backed from the table.

My biggest complaint with the Evolution rubbers is the rubber's performance tends to fade quickly.

The game changer for me was Dignics 05. I know it's costly, but it does everything with ease. I can block close to the table, I can flip, I can loop away from the table, I can punch; all easier than I could with FX-S. There are many times in game play that I can throw the blade in front of a loop and it blocks quick and low back on the table. The biggest challenge I have with it is opening backspin. I tend to throw it long. With FX-S I could loop backspin cross-court or down the line with higher percentages. FYI, I play Dignics in 1.9 as well.
For me, I could play all day long with FX-S on either wing. I can really bend the ball with spin and pace on my favored blades. That says a lot. Very few rubbers do that. T05FX is another.

I use MX-K on FH... if I could make that rubber a tad softer, I could uses it exclusively both wings.

This user has no status.
For me, I could play all day long with FX-S on either wing. I can really bend the ball with spin and pace on my favored blades. That says a lot. Very few rubbers do that. T05FX is another.

I use MX-K on FH... if I could make that rubber a tad softer, I could uses it exclusively both wings.

Are you talking about 47.5 MX-K? I'm looking forward to my MX-K 47.5 and I think for my next set up down the road I will try MX-K 47.5 degree on FH and FX-S or FX-P on BH.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Are you talking about 47.5 MX-K? I'm looking forward to my MX-K 47.5 and I think for my next set up down the road I will try MX-K 47.5 degree on FH and FX-S or FX-P on BH.

I am talking about 47.5 MX-K.

Although I COULD use it at that hardness both sides, I have found myself playing more consistent and better level with a softer sponged rubber. Maybe one day an MX-K Soft comes on market. Until then, there is FX-S, just awesum for my kind of graze or solid impact.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
vik2000 said:

I have 2 Nexy Batos ALC setups with MX-K 47.5... both equipped like you mentioned. One has MX-K/FX-S... one has MX-K/FX-P.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Okay Brother. Should i just stick with my mxp and just keep practicing? Or will moving to mx-s on backhand offer me much more control than mxp?
Don't think too hard on choosing your BH rubber. Ultimately the difference between all these rubbers mentioned will be negligible. T05FX is a good BH rubber, but at a much higher cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
HI, i was used to play with both MXP and MXS on backhand with various blades but for my thinking it works well thin blade ( viscaria, Zhang jike...so on ). They both are good in term of power speed and Spin, but heavy and shrink much after using 1-2 months.