New Butterfly Rubber Aibis

This user has no status.
View attachment 21714View attachment 21715
Aibiss after 2nd coat of Falco long term booster applied.
I’m going to apply 1 more coat, and then stick to the trusty Grubba blade, which has an un-boosted sheet already on it, should be able to get a good comparison between the 2 sheets.
probably in about a year or so when it eventually flattens out some!!!!!!!:)
2 layers should be enough. Do not apply another one, it could overboost the rubber

Reactions: bobpuls
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Glued it on today.
booster has worked, more bounce on the bounce test, slightly faster, spin the same, slightly easier to use, but compared to a red sheet of H3 (std) that I boosted at the start of lockdown, the boost effect seems less on the Aibiss. This is probably down to the fact that the sponge hardness of Aibiss is harder than the H3. Maybe I should have left it a few more days to flatten right down and then applied a 3rd coat of booster?
Aibiss is ok, but not really a ground breaking rubber. It is similar to Chinese tacky rubbers but at double the price!!
I paired it with my Grubba all round blade, should have put it on the long 5 I have, needs a faster blade to help with speed.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
M O R E B O O S T E R P L E A S E. I ' M S T A R V I N GGGG D A D D Y ~~ IB66's Butterfly Aibis after bieng told it was too hard still

Yeah, I think you’re right, also did a sheet of H3 Nat blue sponge, with 3 layers of booster, this was very disappointing, didn’t really dome up, sheet felt limper in feel. No real difference in performance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Hello someone can do Compare aibiss with spinart? They should be quite alike thanks

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hello someone can do Compare aibiss with spinart? They should be quite alike thanks

Nothing like each other!!!

Aibiss is slightly tackier, sponge is harder and a standard sponge, no spring sponge properties, therefore Aibiss is a lot slower. Aibiss is like a traditional Chinese tacky rubber.
Spin Art and D09C are barely tacky, and have spring sponge and spring sponge x which adds speed and bounce to your shots when the sponge is engaged. When you do the ball bounce test, Aibiss is 2 bounces then ball stops, Spin Art and D09C maybe 3 bounces. They appear similar, ‘dead’ but when you start hitting shots the spring sponges kick in, catapult effect is much higher.
NO CATAPULT EFFECT with Aibiss at all.
if you r used to Spin Art, try D09C, it’s very similar imo, faster. Spin slightly better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Nothing like each other!!!

Aibiss is slightly tackier, sponge is harder and a standard sponge, no spring sponge properties, therefore Aibiss is a lot slower. Aibiss is like a traditional Chinese tacky rubber.
Spin Art and D09C are barely tacky, and have spring sponge and spring sponge x which adds speed and bounce to your shots when the sponge is engaged. When you do the ball bounce test, Aibiss is 2 bounces then ball stops, Spin Art and D09C maybe 3 bounces. They appear similar, ‘dead’ but when you start hitting shots the spring sponges kick in, catapult effect is much higher.
NO CATAPULT EFFECT with Aibiss at all.
if you r used to Spin Art, try D09C, it’s very similar imo, faster. Spin slightly better.

On the official butterfly website they say that the aibiss ha Spring Sponge/High Tension... Theoretically it should be
Be similar to the spinart.... The 9c everyone says is superior to any rubber ever produced but 80 degrees are really a lot for a rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
On the official butterfly website they say that the aibiss ha Spring Sponge/High Tension... Theoretically it should be
Be similar to the spinart.... The 9c everyone says is superior to any rubber ever produced but 80 degrees are really a lot for a rubber

Sorry 80€ is a lot of

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Bty NA website says it is spring sponge. How much spring it has at 61° on the ESN scale is more the question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Bty NA website says it is spring sponge. How much spring it has at 61° on the ESN scale is more the question.

Exactly - they know you cannot tell the difference and you think you are getting a great deal for cheap Hurricane rubber at $40.

Last edited: