Xiom Omega 7 China Guang and Ying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
How does the O7 Tour compare to the O7 China Ying or Hyper, I have O7 Tour available here in my country but not the other two versions. I have O7 Pro in the backhand and I like it alot so I want to try other rubbers in the same line.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Plus, thank you Yogi[emoji16][emoji4], I have read many reviews of yours and it really helped me in picking good blades and rubbers, plus having appropriate techniques for certain types of rubbers.Keep up the good work [emoji122] and if you read this, have a good day.

Reactions: yogi_bear
How does the O7 Tour compare to the O7 China Ying or Hyper, I have O7 Tour available here in my country but not the other two versions. I have O7 Pro in the backhand and I like it alot so I want to try other rubbers in the same line.

O7 ying is harder but slower than Hyper or Tour. There are times the hard sponge of the Ying will have this ridiculous arc when spinning the ball but is more controllable than Hyper or Tour. I am more of an O7 Asia bh guy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

O7 ying is harder but slower than Hyper or Tour. There are times the hard sponge of the Ying will have this ridiculous arc when spinning the ball but is more controllable than Hyper or Tour. I am more of an O7 Asia bh guy.

Does the Tour have more spin on fast loop or drive close to mid distance from the table?

Does the Tour have more spin on fast loop or drive close to mid distance from the table?

No. The Ying and Guang have higher level of spin. They way both topsheets grab or bite the ball is really like a chinese rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hi Yogi,

since you also tested the Rakza Z and Rakza Z EH, I was wondering if you could compare them to Omega VII China Guang. I play both Yasakas on BH and FH respectively. I like the RZ on BH in 2mm a lot, however the RZ EH on Forehand is quite heavy with 56 g cut. Furthermore the ball curve is a little to high for my taste...Since Omega Guang seems to be a few grams lighter I thought about getting this instead.

If the trajectory is a bit lower that would be perfect...Could you make a comparison?

Regards

Hi Yogi,

since you also tested the Rakza Z and Rakza Z EH, I was wondering if you could compare them to Omega VII China Guang. I play both Yasakas on BH and FH respectively. I like the RZ on BH in 2mm a lot, however the RZ EH on Forehand is quite heavy with 56 g cut. Furthermore the ball curve is a little to high for my taste...Since Omega Guang seems to be a few grams lighter I thought about getting this instead.

If the trajectory is a bit lower that would be perfect...Could you make a comparison?

Regards

They feel really different from the RZ's despite having the tacky topsheet. The RZ series feel a bit more tamed. The Guang and Ying are heavier since the Guang is supposedly at 55 degrees while 60 for the Ying. Please note that I played with the pre-prod version and the final market version of both O7c so I can tell you the market versions are both heavier. With regards to the performance, I would say Guang seem faster than RZ EH but the arc seem slightly lower in Guang. Speedwise, Guang is a bit faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021

They feel really different from the RZ's despite having the tacky topsheet. The RZ series feel a bit more tamed. The Guang and Ying are heavier since the Guang is supposedly at 55 degrees while 60 for the Ying. Please note that I played with the pre-prod version and the final market version of both O7c so I can tell you the market versions are both heavier. With regards to the performance, I would say Guang seem faster than RZ EH but the arc seem slightly lower in Guang. Speedwise, Guang is a bit faster.

You mean the Guang is even heavier than RZ EH despite being lower degree sponge hardness? I read somewhere Guang around 50 grams cut whereas my RZ EH has 55 grams.

You mean the Guang is even heavier than RZ EH despite being lower degree sponge hardness? I read somewhere Guang around 50 grams cut whereas my RZ EH has 55 grams.

Guang is 55 degrees, RZ EH is 53 to 55 degrees. I also had the RZ EH rubber so I know the differences of they weights.

Last edited:
The weights are 70 and 74 yes but these weights were from rubbers before full market versions came out
The market versions are are at 75 for Guang and 79 for Ying. Some differences +3-3 gms basing on 4pcs guang and ying rubbers I have used.
​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I have Donic Bluegrip C1 and C2 glued on blade which is 87g and the setup is 200g. So I'd say the C2 is approx. 55/56 and C1 is approx. 58/57 cut. They may be similar to Guang and Ying...

I have Donic Bluegrip C1 and C2 glued on blade which is 87g and the setup is 200g. So I'd say the C2 is approx. 55/56 and C1 is approx. 58/57 cut. They may be similar to Guang and Ying...

They are almost similar rubbers with same Gen but guang n ying have different playing char somewhat.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
So how high is the throw angle of O7C guang exactly?