Thomas Weikert has been elected as the ITTF President 2017!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
NEWS JUST IN!

Thomas Weikert has been elected as the ITTF President!

thomasweikertelectedpresident2017.jpg

What does everyone think about this? Are you happy with Weikart's re-election or would Saive have been a better choice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I think they won't do changes in the game.They just spend money on the wrong things. TTX is ... I don't wanna say what it is. The new page is good, however I think it isn't as a big deal as Weikert said (they worked on it for more than a year, IIRC). The new ball-monitoring system is good (they now have data about ball speed and placement) but not a crucial thing.
They are working on advertising TT in social-media, which is very good, but they miss one of the most important thing why people don't watch TT: cameras.
TT is not an especially entertaining sport for non-players, but without good video quality and good angle they won't get lots of spectators (in TV and internet).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cktenders and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
On the ittf tv website for the WTTC coverage one of the tables seemed like it was filmed by a different crew. The scoredboard was Japanese but it used close ups, different angles and you could hear the game. It made a massive difference to getting an atmosphere

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
On the ittf tv website for the WTTC coverage one of the tables seemed like it was filmed by a different crew. The scoredboard was Japanese but it used close ups, different angles and you could hear the game. It made a massive difference to getting an atmosphere

IT's the Japanese table or table 3. The Japanese usually request a table for their teams to play on and cover that table with their press when their players are featured on it specially. You would have seen this at the WTTTC last year in Malaysia as well. Table 1 was also deserving of special English coverage, though Table 3 was in a class of its own.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Surprised he didn't manage at least as big a margin as Sharara did last time.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It was comedy gold when Thomas walked and Cho'ed the shit out of the sour losers. As for Next Level questioning the authenticity of the vote, at least they make it more believable unlike Brexit 49:51 or Trump's votes....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Never questioned the authenticity of the vote.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
1st, there's no surprise with the election result. We should never have had this naive fantasy that Saive may win.
2, after this election topic was finally settled with a clear end, I also lose the interest in this .
3. Why weikert says he wouldn't stand at 2021 election? Any internal agreement is reached?
4, why people are saying Weikert is kissing Japanese ass?

Administrator
Oct 2010
Saive has just made a Facebook status:

Dear friends from all over the world , thank you so much for the tremendous number of messages I got through this campaign. I am proud of my campaign and proud of my team. I lost close this election but the contacts ,mettings I had were unforgettable . It was David vs Goliath.
I love my sport !

18813231_1417378118350785_5003760385608585653_n.jpg

Reactions: yoass