BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Thanks to @rainneverever for the translation: https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/...INA-Association-To-Deal-With-Boycott-Severely!

malongfanzhendongarticle2017.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Full list of players who protested (posts were deleted by Sina Weibo sadly): Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan, Liu Yi, Zhou Yu, Fang Yinchi, Cheng Jingqi, Ma Te, Cui Qinglei, Yu Ziyang, Lv Xiang, Zhu Linfeng, Fan Shengpeng

The top 3 will be punished for sure. Best luck for them all!

List of CNT who support LGL on weibo. (until GMT+8 Jun 23 10:45pm)

Players: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan, Liu Yi, Zhou Yu, Fang Yinchi, Cheng Jingqi, Ma Te
Coaches: Qin Zhijian, Ma Lin,Wang Hao
Province team coach:Chen Qi
LGL's family and friend: Liu Guodong (LGL's brother), Guo Bin (Wang Nan's husband)

-----------
New Statement from General Administration of Sport of China:

“Three players and two coaches, who gave up today's match will be dealt with severely.”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
As I used to be a citizen in a commie country I am very worried for these players. They are young, loyal to their coach but do not have much political experience. They may have to learn a very hard lesson. That is, never mess with commie government, regardless how easy they seem to be. 1989 Tienanmen square event was a far cry and they may not even believe it existed. So sad ... It made me remember an occasion when a communist soldier raised up his riffle threaten to shoot a large audience crowd protested an unfair match ruling in 1976. Deja vu... I knew exactly what would happen to Tienanmen protesters. Now ... omg!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
As I used to be a citizen in a commie country I am very worried for these players. They are young, loyal to their coach but do not have much political experience. They may have to learn a very hard lesson. That is, never mess with commie government, regardless how easy they seem to be. 1989 Tienanmen square event was a far cry and they may not even believe it existed. So sad ... It made me remember an occasion when a communist soldier raised up his riffle threaten to shoot a large audience crowd protested an unfair match ruling in 1976. Deja vu... I knew exactly what would happen to Tienanmen protesters. Now ... omg!

I worry for these reasons also. You don't get to protest an injustice in China, even when your complaint is legitimate. They will punish you, and maybe your lawyers if they are too strident -- often more than the people who messed things up in the first place. The one thing that gives me some hope, though, is that these players are pretty huge national figures in China.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I am surprised that Zhang Jike is not protesting. I thought he is very close to Liu Guoliang. Furthermore, he has not much to loose as his career seems to be more or less over from a sportive perspective - especially if Liu Guoliang, who defended him is no coach anymore. And his behavior (rip shirt to pieces, ...) appeared to be some kind of rebellious.

Or would a protest harm the brand "Zhang Jike" too much so that he does not because of marketing or commercial reasons?

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
List of CNT and Province teams members who support LGL on Weibo. (until GMT+8 Jun 24 00:45am)

Players: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan, Liu Yi, Zhou Yu, Fang Yinchi, Cheng Jingqi, Ma Te, Cui Qinglei, Yu Ziyang, Lü Xiang, Fan Shengpeng, Zhu Linfeng, Zheng Peifeng, Chen Sichang, Zhang Yudong

CNT Coaches: Qin Zhijian, Ma Lin,Wang Hao

Province team coaches:Chen Qi

LGL's family and friend: Liu Guodong (LGL’s brother), Guo Bin (Wang Nan's husband)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I heard ML, FZD and XX were trying to decide between Sweden, France and Belgium on where to go to win the next team gold.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
Breaking news
JTTA had reached to the trio with a proper offer to represent Japan. They are desperate to upgrade their wannabe teenager with real champs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
His Weibo was not banned and he accessed his phone and Weibo some 3 hours ago.
Edit: He was on his Weibo around 9:30pm local time.

I don't judge him by not protesting and I will be surprised if he did. There are too many things he did on and off the court for me to judge him. lol

I am surprised that Zhang Jike is not protesting. I thought he is very close to Liu Guoliang. Furthermore, he has not much to loose as his career seems to be more or less over from a sportive perspective - especially if Liu Guoliang, who defended him is no coach anymore. And his behavior (rip shirt to pieces, ...) appeared to be some kind of rebellious.

Or would a protest harm the brand "Zhang Jike" too much so that he does not because of marketing or commercial reasons?

Last edited:
The ITTF President Thomas WEIKERT stated on the matter: “The ITTF is very disappointed that the three best players in the world have forfeited their matches at such a big event. We will be working with our friends at CTTA to investigate this serious matter to work out our course of action. In the meantime, we still have world class players competing in the competition, and it will be a great last two days of the China Open.”

pretty sure CTTA is the bad guy here... well played ittf :s