Create your own blade.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Definitely sanding .... the blades are made from soft woods so there will be no problem .... i suggest to use 120 grain in beginning if you want to grind more and finish with 400 grain .
And yes draw a shape before you start .

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Here are my latest blades and one quick shot onto multiple one together with new viscaria for comparison .
First is new OFF ++ Design 98 grams 5 wood +2 aramid carbon layers
20170215_163425.jpg20170215_163434.jpg
second is the OFF+ blade 5 wood + 2 carbon layers 85 grams .
20170215_163453.jpg20170215_163516.jpg
20170215_185733.jpg
All of the blades are made for speed and control ... I`m happy that they just went perfectly done... but still this is not the final product .... I need the off++ to get some weight down ....
I`m surprised like this 5 version of shape is near the butterfly design ... a little bit in wings difference and handle ...but still the evolution goes nearly the same way ..... In beginning i was using RosLady shape but it was not the right think so i have done some reshaping according people and my suggestions and this fifth generation is just superb.
Now they both blades are in hand of very experienced player : Simona Fabianová
https://www.facebook.com/ttvwn1947/...787574025363/1024608317643281/?type=3&theater
The one with red Hair
Which is testing them and he will decide if she take one or he stays with Timo Boll ALC .
And for the viscaria i have on the table.... i do not understand who can buy this new Viscaria ... it feels like plastic for 180 and more euros Really ? The old one with old logo which my colleague have ... this is totally different blade ... This new one is really using balsa as core ... it has 83 grams only... And btw the timo boll ALC looks in composition like the viscaria with different handle ....I`m very confused from this.

And did someone now some really good File storage server where i can place DXF files for shape of the blade and handle so you all can use it ?
But one which will hold for long period.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
[Quote = GinjaNinja; 180293] Io non l'ho provato. Ha Creare un buon legame forte? [/ Quote]

yes, very strong.
It is now also used in industry to structural buildings but also especially in marine construction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Here are my latest blades and one quick shot onto multiple one together with new viscaria for comparison .
First is new OFF ++ Design 98 grams 5 wood +2 aramid carbon layers
View attachment 12175View attachment 12176
second is the OFF+ blade 5 wood + 2 carbon layers 85 grams .
View attachment 12177View attachment 12178
View attachment 12179
All of the blades are made for speed and control ... I`m happy that they just went perfectly done... but still this is not the final product .... I need the off++ to get some weight down ....
I`m surprised like this 5 version of shape is near the butterfly design ... a little bit in wings difference and handle ...but still the evolution goes nearly the same way ..... In beginning i was using RosLady shape but it was not the right think so i have done some reshaping according people and my suggestions and this fifth generation is just superb.
Now they both blades are in hand of very experienced player : Simona Fabianová

The one with red Hair
Which is testing them and he will decide if she take one or he stays with Timo Boll ALC .
And for the viscaria i have on the table.... i do not understand who can buy this new Viscaria ... it feels like plastic for 180 and more euros Really ? The old one with old logo which my colleague have ... this is totally different blade ... This new one is really using balsa as core ... it has 83 grams only... And btw the timo boll ALC looks in composition like the viscaria with different handle ....I`m very confused from this.

And did someone now some really good File storage server where i can place DXF files for shape of the blade and handle so you all can use it ?
But one which will hold for long period.

thanks a lot.
what should we consider for choosing replacement wood?
I want to create sth like Timo boll Spirit(Koto, Limba, Kiri).
none of them exist here!
What
are the layers of your latest blade?
tnx again

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
This wood types are very unique ... sorry but there is no replacement for them ...
And sorry no info on the blade structure .... Now i`m playing with varies combination of cores, middle plies ,carbon layers and different types of top veneers.
Here are latest blades.
20170310_164723.jpg

Attachments

• 95a3464baf969de58c12433f4db00815.jpg
    95a3464baf969de58c12433f4db00815.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex and javaded
This user has no status.
This wood types are very unique ... sorry but there is no replacement for them ...
And sorry no info on the blade structure .... Now i`m playing with varies combination of cores, middle plies ,carbon layers and different types of top veneers.
Here are latest blades.
View attachment 12476
Looking good, aside from the cork handles (but it's just my personal preference, some like cork handles). Probably need them to lessened the blade's weight.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Do you have any tips to prevent and / or fix epoxy bleeding through the top layer?
I have tried to fix this problems ... this problems pop up on porous wood like mahogany or limba .. but not on koto . i solve the problem with sanding down the top layer with 150 grind and this https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/random-orbit-sanders-ros65vc-5-29852-p/.... two minutes and it is superb ...and also this way i making the top layer very thin which is good especialy for woods like mahogany .

Looking good, aside from the cork handles (but it's just my personal preference, some like cork handles). Probably need them to lessened the blade's weight.
The cork handles was made because this are test blades so the customer can decide which of them fits him the best ... Cork is easier to manipulate and to shape and it is cheap ....and after there is no problem to remove it and put the final handles ... For info: the cork is about 12-14 grams per handle so you can compare with full wood handles.

Last edited:
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
And i just adding this shop ....
http://shop1.r-g.de/en/art/190208
It is not tested ...yet ... but for now it is first shop with Aramid/carbon in 68grams/m2 !!!!!
This is 120 grams less then the one i have on my actual 100 grams beast ..... so i can go down to 93 grams.. So i hope and with selection of very light core wood , maybe ti get 90 grams. whoaaaaaa ...after my trip to africa i`m going for it !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The cork handles was made because this are test blades so the customer can decide which of them fits him the best ... Cork is easier to manipulate and to shape and it is cheap ....and after there is no problem to remove it and put there final handles ... For info: the cork is about 12-14 grams per handle so you can compare with full wood handles.

Good to know. [emoji123] [emoji123]

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
OK after multiple versions of blades i manage to build best suited blade for me (i hope so)
it is called Bobika 8 BO ...
It is relatively light (86 grams) (compared to predecessor which was great but has 96 grams)
Still it is pretty fast (off+) ,super soft feel (this depends on each players hand separately ... i prefer soft touch top ply limba with soft underneath veneer) .
Big sweet spot and control .
The sweet spot was achieved by light aramid carbon (aramid carbon and not carbon because i like the feel more),which i was searching for long time and finally i got hands on 70 gram/1m2 (before it was 160 gram/1m2). So weight goes down ,computed to real size of blade by 5 grams compared to old one)
To get good speed, i have to chose very carefully the core ply, and third layer veneers . Not only for weight but also for bounciness so i get good speed and less weight (and i mean not the type it self but hand pick correct ply and comparing between others pieces so i have the best ones available ).
So now it is done ....
Next effort i will put to the handle them self ... now they are simple .... So next task will be to have nice looking handle with weight max 14 grams per side ....
Any suggestion for types of wood ?

Here is the foto ....
and Also next one is Bobika 7 (with koto top ply) ... which i do not like the feel so dead end for this blade.

bobika8.jpg
bobika7.jpg

Reactions: Jirrex and BeGo

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Looking good. 86g is a good weight for a blade suited for many different players.

I was wondering how you get a smooth edge with aramid? Carbon is no problem to get a clean edge with my router, but other materials such as aramid tend to clog up the routing bit and leave some fluff on the edges of the blade.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Looking good. 86g is a good weight for a blade suited for many different players.

I was wondering how you get a smooth edge with aramid? Carbon is no problem to get a clean edge with my router, but other materials such as aramid tend to clog up the routing bit and leave some fluff on the edges of the blade.

There is no way you can achieve smooth edge by routing ... im using 500 grain sand paper and grind it by hand , but i`m doing it just quick.... the best way is to use belt grinder with 800 grain or more ...

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok here is routed handle .... now i`m going to fill it with transparent resin mixed with some shiny color pieces.
20170427_121311.jpg
And i have updated FP with Links of web eshops .
If you have any more links and want to share, just send it to me and i will update the First Post.
And also I added link for blade and handle shape. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok so here is the latest blade , where i have played not only with composition , but also with color handling of wood .
And also i played a little bit with different process of handle logo design ....so here it is , and also video from handle logo creation.
20170529_063126.jpg20170529_064303.jpg20170529_063034.jpg

Attachments

• 20170529_063034.jpg
    20170529_063034.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Reactions: Reaper and Jirrex
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Thanks
This is a test blade to test coloring technology ....
for the swirls i have used Acrylic marker 5mm , something like this .: https://shop.krink.com/products/k-32-acrylic-paint-marker
It has thin layer of color, it is water stable and it is not affecting the play characteristic , so it is great for this purposes.
but to achieve good look you have to paint it before you are routing the blade, this way you avoid bleeding of the color to side of the blade. In this case i finalized it with light lacquering .

The blade it self is Off+ blade 5+2 layers
Limba , Arylate-carbon , Silver fir, Red cedar .....87 grams. With quite good feeling response in the handle.

Reactions: Jirrex
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok here are the latest blades ....
spolu.jpg
_DSC6893.jpg
This one is 3*2 off + blade 84.1 g Mahogany top ply
_DSC6891.jpg
This one is off+ blade all wood 5 ply, with Sycamore Maple top ply 80.5 grams
_DSC6885.jpg
_DSC6882.jpg
And This one is new Bobika blade which is upgrade of one blade i have made but unfrtunately i broke it... it is 7+2 off+ blade , 85.9 grams (theone before it was 101 gram, so big upgrade here)

And the last one which i did not make close up is 73.5 gram !!!!! 5+4 Mahogany top off+ blade

and here is new video of detailed handle making process.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex and rokphish
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Ok here are the latest blades ....
View attachment 13686
View attachment 13687
This one is 3*2 off + blade 84.1 g Mahogany top ply
View attachment 13688
This one is off+ blade all wood 5 ply, with Sycamore Maple top ply 80.5 grams
View attachment 13689
View attachment 13690
And This one is new Bobika blade which is upgrade of one blade i have made but unfrtunately i broke it... it is 7+2 off+ blade , 85.9 grams (theone before it was 101 gram, so big upgrade here)

And the last one which i did not make close up is 73.5 gram !!!!! 5+4 Mahogany top off+ blade

and here is new video of detailed handle making process.
Enjoy.

That's a great video. Although I do things differently there are a few brilliant tips in here that I'm going to try. thanks for posting.

Reactions: Jirrex and bobpuls