Lookimg for a new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Hi evryone, im new here so forgive and correct me if i do anything wrong. Currently im playing with the japan edition korbel blade with h3 on the forehnad and tenergy 19 on the backhand. Im looking for a new blade and here is a list of what i want in the blade.
- large sweet spot
- has to have gud vibrations on hit so that i can feel the ball
- relatively long dwell time
- faster than my korbel
- flexible
Im mainly looking for my first carbon blade but allb wood is also fine as long as it can meet the requirements.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

A couple of suggestions ..
  • Try blades of a couple of club m8s
  • Consider a 7-ply all-wood blade
  • If you're switching to composite blades, then I'd suggest starting-off with a blade with a inner composite later.. I feel, it'd make the transition easier..
  • Some good first carbon blades - Yasaka Ma Lin (soft) Carbon, Donic Walder (Ultra) Senso...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi evryone, im new here so forgive and correct me if i do anything wrong. Currently im playing with the japan edition korbel blade with h3 on the forehnad and tenergy 19 on the backhand. Im looking for a new blade and here is a list of what i want in the blade.
- large sweet spot
- faster than my korbel
- flexible
Im mainly looking for my first carbon blade but allb wood is also fine as long as it can meet the requirements.

If you want long dwell time, good feel but a notch faster than korbel, I suggest you to go with a 5-ply with a hard top ply such as Stiga Intensity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood and Xiom Offensive S are basically a Korbel on steroid.

Oh, Yasaka Malin Extra Offensive is also a bit faster than Korbel with harder feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Im more of an offensive player and i likes to use the serve as a set up to attack on the 5th or 3rd ball, usually finishing the point with a fast topsin from both wings. Im also trying to loop more recently.
I also have some blades in mind, but idk how they compare to the korbel in those aspects/requirements that i mentioned earlier.
Yeo, ma lin extra special, avalox p700 and clipper
You can suggest other blades as well, im not made up abt these blades. Hopefully that helps a bit more 😅 and im srry if this is a bit irratating to u guys 😅

This user has no status.
- large sweet spot
- faster than my korbel
- flexible
I took the same road and ended up playing my Primorac again, but let me try to narrow down your choices.
The "large sweet spot" and "flexible" somewhat contradict one another, as a stiffer blade tends to offer a larger sweet spot and a more flexible blade tends to have a smaller one. One thing carbon fibers are good at is adding what you call a larger sweet spot, so...
I would recommend;
an inner layer blade (carbon for bigger sweet spot and still more flexible than outer layer carbon blades)
with soft outer wood (longer dwell time, e.g. limba)

Something you should determine is, what kind of carbon you like. Some players love Zylon others hate it and like Arylate more. A good rule of thumb here AFAIK is: Arylate feels more carbony but is more forgiving (longer dwell time) and Zylon feels less carbony but if less forgiving (less dwell-time and more catapult effect). There are other carbon fibres, but you'd have to look into them yourself.

So some carbon blades could be:
BTY Timo Boll ZLF (outer layer, but pretty thin and somewhat soft)
BTY Harimoto ALC
BTY Innferforce ALC

If you wanna try all wood first, try some thinner 7-ply blades, such as

DHS Power G7 (really good blade, but only a small step-up)
DHS Hurricane Long 3 (all wood, very similar to the PowerG7, but much more expensive and good bit faster)
Stiga Clipper (only tested it for a couple of sessions, but really stiff in comparison, but still soft due to the limba wood)

there are plenty of options, but the most important advice I can give you is:
a) don't change equipment too often
and b) if you change equipment, try or borrow a friend's racket and have a go with it before you buy one.

cheers

This user has no status.
Im more of an offensive player and i likes to use the serve as a set up to attack on the 5th or 3rd ball, usually finishing the point with a fast topsin from both wings. Im also trying to loop more recently.
I also have some blades in mind, but idk how they compare to the korbel in those aspects/requirements that i mentioned earlier.
Yeo, ma lin extra special, avalox p700 and clipper
You can suggest other blades as well, im not made up abt these blades. Hopefully that helps a bit more 😅 and im srry if this is a bit irratating to u guys 😅

Ok, since my message took so long to type out, I missed these replies.

I agree with the advice given about all wood blades being the better choice. You should definitely try the DHS Power G7, which is also quite cheap. I don't know about the quality control, but mine is great. Think handle though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Sanwei v5 pro has much more gears than PG7, with a crazy fast top speed. Still has good dwell and feel and moderate vibrations like pf7. Slow when you want it, fast when you want it, with a great arc either way.

Reactions: mocker88
Sanwei v5 pro has much more gears than PG7, with a crazy fast top speed. Still has good dwell and feel and moderate vibrations like pf7. Slow when you want it, fast when you want it, with a great arc either way.
Please explain to me how it’s possible to have a crazy speed and a good dwell time at the same time…
These attributes are mutually exclusive.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I took the same road and ended up playing my Primorac again, but let me try to narrow down your choices.
The "large sweet spot" and "flexible" somewhat contradict one another, as a stiffer blade tends to offer a larger sweet spot and a more flexible blade tends to have a smaller one.

Ohh ok I see, then I can sacrifice some flexibility to have a larger sweet spot. I think as long as the blade is still more on the flexible side and stiffer than my korbel then it will have a larger sweet spot than my korbel but won’t be that stiff. Thx man

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood and Xiom Offensive S are basically a Korbel on steroid.

Oh, Yasaka Malin Extra Offensive is also a bit faster than Korbel with harder feel.
By on steroid do you mean faster? Can you help me compare these 3 blades with the korbel on the aspects/requirements, that will help me understand better, thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Please explain to me how it’s possible to have a crazy speed and a good dwell time at the same time…
These attributes are mutually exclusive.

Cheers
L-zr

I said crazy fast top speed. This is due to the flex. Speed and dwell are not mutually exclusive. A flexy blade gives you high gears and high top speed while retaining the dwelly feel. Think "w968 style".

Think of a diving board or other spring system. The more you compress and higher you jump, on the board, do you dwell less time onto the board? No. Now, if you bounce a ball on a hard vs soft floor, the ball will bounce higher on the hard surface. These are two different things.

So for example, Viscaria had koto top, hard, short dwell, nice crispy feel, faster at slow hits/blocks than the v5 pro, as expected. But you hit hard with v5, you get great speed from the flex, while retaining the long dwelly feel.

So, you are right that harder equals faster and less dwell, softer equals slower and more dwell. But then you add in the flex factor and the stroke used to activate the flex, which adds speed without relation to dwell.

I have tested the same rubber SNT on Pro01 (vis clone) and v5 pro.

This user has no status.
Some blades like DHS Long series, they are flexible when only the 1st and 2nd ply engaged but it will be fast and powerful when the core engaged. They are indeed both flexible and fast. But the problem is whether the users are able to make the core engaged in their loop during competitions. When I am checking the reviews on DHS Long series, the users commends come to either very slow or very fast. That is the reason how the reviews go to two extremes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
For a larger sweet spot without having the lack of flexibility and control of carbon I'd suggest to use non carbon composite blades, Donic ones with senso handles are awesome for that kind of vibrations feel you're looking for, if you can still find one the Donic Waldner Diablo Senso is awesome, put a bit of lacquer on it and you'll get some few extra power without sacrificing vibrations flex and control, that's what I did with mines, they went from 1250/1270Hz to more than 1300 Hz,Vladimir Samsonov's store still have some
https://vsport-tt.com/en/table-tennis-blades/blade-donic-waldner-diablo-senso

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Ohh ok I see, then I can sacrifice some flexibility to have a larger sweet spot. I think as long as the blade is still more on the flexible side and stiffer than my korbel then it will have a larger sweet spot than my korbel but won’t be that stiff. Thx man

No, please.. don't: carbon composite blades are definitely way less flexible than all wood or non carbon composite, you won't feel the ball the same way, no vibrations or very few, less control then. They will be stiffer, WAY MORE stiffer, I've done that mistake already with a Viscaria or a Omar Assar, when you're used to that all wood flexible kind of feel and vibrations, carbon kills it.

Last edited: