Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is not the most recent bats from the pros. Ma Long doesn't use energy force anymore, he uses Hurricane Long III as blade. Wang Liquin uses Hurricane King III, Wang Hao uses the most recent Hurricane Hao. Dan, I think you'll have to update theese pics!

Totally agree, I am going to update these pictures shortly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Seeing as how these pictures were taken during racket control, I wonder if this can be replicated again at another major tournament soon. Anybody know the exact source of the originals? Anybody have such connections to request this again? haha.

This user has no status.
Totally agree, I am going to update these pictures shortly.

Thats a full time live job because Chinese players are testing like hell haha :D, you see them a lot with different stuff, but right now it looks like this:

ZJK: Viscaria, H3, T05fx or T64

Ma Long: Long 5, H3/TG3 and T05

FZD: Infinity/Viscaria, H3 and T05

Xu Xin: Intensity, TG2 and H3.50 (national of course)

Yan An: Viscaria, H3 and T05

Zhou Yu: Viscaria, H3 and T64 -> the only one whos playing a orange sponge H3, the rest all blue sponge!

Ma Lin: YEO, TG2 and ???

Wang Hao: Hao something, TG3 and Sriver on Bryce sponge

Last edited:
Reactions: jley and Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thats a full time live job because Chinese players are testing like hell haha :D, you see them a lot with different stuff, but right now it looks like this:

Zhou Yu: Viscaria, H3 and T64 -> the only one whos playing a orange sponge H3, the rest all blue sponge!

Thanks for the update bud, you are right it sure is tough keeping on top of their equipment :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

It is stated somewhere that Yan An is playing with T05FX and not T05. Unfortunately no pictures....

This user has no status.
Hes was playing at WTTC 2013 still T05fx but I red he changed to T05 because of better control and less bounce. Im pretty sure about this because I checked his racket like 3 month ago and he still had his T05.

Maybe he changed recently to T05fx again but I dont really think so... And there is a very interesting story about Xu Xins change:

Xu Xin firstly started with Stiga Offensive Wood, TG3 forehand and T64 backhand.
After that he upgraded to Stiga Rosewood V. After the Rosewood he was missing some control and precision (he said by hiself) and he changed to Stiga Intensity. Ma Lin and his coach recommend him to play a more controllable rubber on his forehand ala TG2 because his swings so much, so he changed to TG2 after this. And then his T64 was too fast and he changed because of his special technique to H3.50.

Its interesting that Xu Xins equibment history makes kind of more sense than the others, he was changing after the Rosewood V always to slower stuff... Very interesting, while all the shakehand are even more and more boosting and try to even upgrade faster blades (FZD with Viscaria for example or look at the new Long 5, its definitely the fastest of the series), penhold players seem to not need the very fast equibment.

For me it just shows a general discussion about fast rubbers and blades, Im not really convinced of all the ALC blades because they are soooooooo fast and still sooo many players are playing them, but they are not Ma Long, Timo Boll etc. Im playing my 5ply wood Rw XO and its a hell, my ttr was 2000 in Germany (so its more than 2000 in USA for example because Germany is with Japan on the second place on the world when it comes to niveau) for a few month ago and sometimes I feel my blade was still to fast because I was boosting my rubbers. And it makes sense, look what Xu Xin the World Number 3 does with the Stiga Intensity.

So long story short, I think the most of the players are playing to fast stuff, slower blade and faster rubbers are way more effective, look at Wang Liqins racket, Rosewood V and no super 7ply ALC construction ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bachikho and Alborz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Can we really ever know what setup the pros have? I saw a close-up picture of Fan zhen dong's racket on a mytabletennis.net thread and he had custom ply construction that was different for forehand and backhand. These are the top players of the top table tennis country in the world. Don't you think they would have stricter preferences than the same consumer blade and rubber that the general public uses? I think they probably have a custom blade construction with whatever consumer handle of the blade they advertise as using to the public. As for rubber, I have no idea if they customize top-sheet and sponge construction, but is it legal for the factory to apply tuner before shipping it to the national team? Because those national rubbers alone still don't have that catapult to compete with tenergy, just from my experience.

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
i think seen a video of stiga featuring xu xin, if i remember correctly xx mentioned that he change rubbers every 10 days, well i dont remember him mentioning which particular side plus i dont know if its really true since its sponsored by stiga and it says there calibra LT which i think XX is not using or has ever used calibra

Calibra is a very good rubber with a very bad life...The pros i know play them out in 2 weeks...

This user has no status.
Haha some of their blades look really cheap like WLQ's. I bet it is not but they look like that xD. Cool post! DHS on FH, Butterfly on BH seems the most common setup for these guys. Would that mean Butterfly rubbers are a little slower in general than DHS?

WLQ is using a stiga rosewood NCT V.
Not a cheap blade in anyone's vocabulary...... Unless of course you are a millionaire playboy and in that case I'll give you a bye! 😁

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk