Dhs h8-80

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

I got mine from Prott.vip now yesterday, but got fond of the DHS Power G9 blade that I've been trying out with a couple of boosted Yinhe Big Dipper 3 39 (FH) deg & DHS H2N 40 deg (BH). So I ordered another one for my H8-80 38 deg. Don't wanna disturb my other blade now, because of a competition coming up in a couple of weeks now :) So I have to wait another two weeks or so to try it out.

I think you will like H8-80!!!! But probably boosted more than un-boosted!!!

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I played mine (37°) for some time now and it is awesome. I will probably still stick with the boosted Hurricane 8 because of price-reasons, but this rubber is definitly in my TOP 3 backhand rubbers.

Thanks to its sticky surface you can still play a really good short game and the attack is comparable with the Xiom Vega Pro. Slightly slower but more spinny overall.

Though i am a fan of boosting chinese rubbers i wouldnt boost this one. Even one layer would probably make it way too fast, so you would start losing controll.

Reactions: latej and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I am really keen on trying these for FH & BH, but I wish they were sold in the UK or at TT11. Shipping from China takes too long and I don't really want to deal with any customs issues.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I am really keen on trying these for FH & BH, but I wish they were sold in the UK or at TT11. Shipping from China takes too long and I don't really want to deal with any customs issues.
I bought my sheets via Aliexpress, Yeah they take a while to arrive. If you keep the total cost ( after the 20% VAT is added) to less than £125, then there shouldn’t be any additional customs tax to pay. The package arrives at customs and goes through for delivery. As of yet I’ve had no issues on this front.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Aaaah. Just tried my 8-80 38 deg yesterday. It's all soft and really similar to the 3-50 what I recall. No speed, low throw. The spin is there but it means really hard work if you leave the table at any time. Just a disappointment with this one. Well the weight. 51g cut. Sure a couple of grams lighter than the ordinary H8 or so. Perhaps it'll work for backhand when broken in, but it's not a forehand rubber for me, sorry to say. @IB66 you can't compare TAU II and this one?

This user has no status.
Aaaah. Just tried my 8-80 38 deg yesterday. It's all soft and really similar to the 3-50 what I recall. No speed, low throw. The spin is there but it means really hard work if you leave the table at any time. Just a disappointment with this one. Well the weight. 51g cut. Sure a couple of grams lighter than the ordinary H8 or so. Perhaps it'll work for backhand when broken in, but it's not a forehand rubber for me, sorry to say. @IB66 you can't compare TAU II and this one?
Â

I've played the Tau II on my FH a couple of times. It's base speed is quite a bit higher and your shots will have better penetration (land deeper on the table). This comes with a loss of control. The 8-80 (boosted) has more control and more gears. Also, I don't think the throw is that low.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I sure hope someone can do a write up on the different types of Hurricane rubber. Like its characteristic and what sort of play style it is suitable for and whether is better for BH or FH.

I get confused with H2, H3, H8, Skyline, TG etc....

I have only used H3 & H2. Both classic & neo version.

Reactions: Dimitri
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Â

I've played the Tau II on my FH a couple of times. It's base speed is quite a bit higher and your shots will have better penetration (land deeper on the table). This comes with a loss of control. The 8-80 (boosted) has more control and more gears. Also, I don't think the throw is that low.

Yes. Perhaps it's because of the lower speed that I got the impression of lower throw. I had to adjust my angle to get the ball over the net. Now I will try it on my backhand tonight at the club, so we'll see. :) It might just be so that I will boost this one later on as well and see what happens. I guess that the boosted 8-80 will have more ESN feeling, but that's not for my forehand then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I sure hope someone can do a write up on the different types of Hurricane rubber. Like its characteristic and what sort of play style it is suitable for and whether is better for BH or FH.

I get confused with H2, H3, H8, Skyline, TG etc....

I have only used H3 & H2. Both classic & neo version.

I've tried some of these over the years. The last years I've tried to play a bit more aggressive, striking the ball at the highest point. Earlier I used to wait more often for the ball to drop, like digging it up instead. This was perhaps more fun and a bit more lazy kind of play. On the other hand, my opponents got more time to prepare for their next move, so punching the ball earlier feels more invigorating.

I started up with H3N & H2N 39 deg and after a year or so tried out H8 and Skyline TG2 Neo. Both 39 deg. I felt that these could be compared to the H2N & H3N, but TG2 wasn't that fast (but almost) and H8 didn't have that "turbo" feeling that H3N have.

After a couple of years I tried some other rubbers. I will mention the ones that was playable :)

729 Battle II Provincial/Gold 40 deg. Feels like a softer H3N. More controllable.
Yinhe Moon Pro Hard. This one felt faster than H3N with a lower throw, semi tacky and really good spin.
Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg. At a tournament I switched from TG2N to Big Dipper. Most of my loops did go long with TG2N, so nothing to loose I thought, and yes :) Big Dipper worked better for me when I was playing on a hard wooden floor. Good control and really good spin with Big Dipper.
LOKI N80. Really nice. Softer feeling than H3N and good feeling, but this ended up on my backhand after a while.
XIOM TAU II. The closest to H3N but with a bouncy feeling almost towards ESN rubbers (but not quite). It just lacks the kick that H3N gives.

In between I have used variations of the DHS rubbers in 38, 40 deg 2.15-2.2mm, and sure, they are different to each other, but what I found out making more difference is the weight. Playing with a H3 2.2mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 52g is really different than playing with a H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 47g. The same but even more different I noticed that my Big Dipper rubbers cut varies between 45-53g in the same hardnesses. And I can say that one of these rubbers doesn't play the same as the other with a different weight.

Now, when trying to play more aggressive, I found out that what fits my forehand best, is the H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a weight in the lower range and then a bit boosted with Haifu Sea moon booster.

I hope it could help in some way, but everyone's different. :)

Mar 2021

I've tried some of these over the years. The last years I've tried to play a bit more aggressive, striking the ball at the highest point. Earlier I used to wait more often for the ball to drop, like digging it up instead. This was perhaps more fun and a bit more lazy kind of play. On the other hand, my opponents got more time to prepare for their next move, so punching the ball earlier feels more invigorating.

I started up with H3N & H2N 39 deg and after a year or so tried out H8 and Skyline TG2 Neo. Both 39 deg. I felt that these could be compared to the H2N & H3N, but TG2 wasn't that fast (but almost) and H8 didn't have that "turbo" feeling that H3N have.

After a couple of years I tried some other rubbers. I will mention the ones that was playable :)

729 Battle II Provincial/Gold 40 deg. Feels like a softer H3N. More controllable.
Yinhe Moon Pro Hard. This one felt faster than H3N with a lower throw, semi tacky and really good spin.
Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg. At a tournament I switched from TG2N to Big Dipper. Most of my loops did go long with TG2N, so nothing to loose I thought, and yes :) Big Dipper worked better for me when I was playing on a hard wooden floor. Good control and really good spin with Big Dipper.
LOKI N80. Really nice. Softer feeling than H3N and good feeling, but this ended up on my backhand after a while.
XIOM TAU II. The closest to H3N but with a bouncy feeling almost towards ESN rubbers (but not quite). It just lacks the kick that H3N gives.

In between I have used variations of the DHS rubbers in 38, 40 deg 2.15-2.2mm, and sure, they are different to each other, but what I found out making more difference is the weight. Playing with a H3 2.2mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 52g is really different than playing with a H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 47g. The same but even more different I noticed that my Big Dipper rubbers cut varies between 45-53g in the same hardnesses. And I can say that one of these rubbers doesn't play the same as the other with a different weight.

Now, when trying to play more aggressive, I found out that what fits my forehand best, is the H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a weight in the lower range and then a bit boosted with Haifu Sea moon booster.

I hope it could help in some way, but everyone's different. :)

Wow! Impressive. You are truly a fanboy of DHS and Chinese tacky rubber.

I have a further question. The conventional wisdom is to use tension or softer rubber for the backhand, however, I find that using hard tacky chinese rubber on BH can produce some spectacular killer backhand loop kill. Especially on flexy blade with ALL+ or OFF- rating. Do you find the same as I do? My experience of the above is with Battle 2 / neoH3 / neoH2 all at 40 degrees hardness.

What happen is sometimes I twiddle the FH side to BH and attack the ball and the ball really loop over with low arc, which surprises my opponent and myself.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I've got this as 38 on my forehand. It has the similar feeling of a bouncy esn rubber but tacky. Though idk if it's my fault, the tackiness faded quickly. After playing for two weeks (less than 10hs), the rubber has some uncleanable marks from my sweat. (I clean it every time after I play)
And it is way less tacky than the H3 Neo Provincial, sticks to the ball for around 2 seconds as a brand new one.
In China most people play this on their bh 'cause it's softer, less tacky and bouncier compared to the h3.
Noticible heavier than the Donic Acuda Blue P3.
So I translated this from DHS's Taobao store:
H8-80 Soft, bouncy, high tackiness rubber + high bounciness sponge
Rubber of balanced speed and control, paired with high bounciness No.80 sponge with big holes, more penetrated feel (I guess), easier to get the hang of, excellent feel of speed, just right controll, at the same time having the same unique tackiness and ability to produce spin as the Hurricane series.
H8-80, lighter, bouncier, good for both fh and bh, made for 40+ balls
Thickness: 2.1mm
Hardness: 37/38 (DHS)
Hope this is useful

Reactions: Dimitri