Xu Xin Matrix Point (VIDEO)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
How on earth does Xu Xin do this? How much strength and flexibility does this boy have! (Video below)

xumatrix2.jpg

Picture taken from Xu Xin's facebook Like page at Xu Xin 许昕

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
damn it! I have seen this video before, but I didnt really pay attention to that. Its just incredible that a table tennis player does that and especially its in a match!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
damn it! I have seen this video before, but I didnt really pay attention to that. Its just incredible that a table tennis player does that and especially its in a match!

Very true, almost like a gymnast :p

By the way, welcome to the site pqanh1201

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Well they train in their Olympic factory with their gymnasts and since flexibility is a huge factor in their training it's not all too surprising that he can bend that far back. I mean I've seen Wang Liqin and Ma Lin both do Splits to get low enough for a shot so I don't find this all that surprising. It is still cool to see however. That pic is pretty epic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Thats surely not as far back as he can bend but getting up from that position the way he did takes some serious leg strenght. Pretty amazing, go Xu Xin!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thats surely not as far back as he can bend but getting up from that position the way he did takes some serious leg strenght. Pretty amazing, go Xu Xin!
It might take leg strength but it takes more core strength than leg strength the way he came up fairly slowly. It shows a lot of control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well they train in their Olympic factory with their gymnasts and since flexibility is a huge factor in their training it's not all too surprising that he can bend that far back. I mean I've seen Wang Liqin and Ma Lin both do Splits to get low enough for a shot so I don't find this all that surprising. It is still cool to see however. That pic is pretty epic.

Very true, they do a lot of flexibility training in order to produce good shots from non-standard positions. Xu Xin is the most obvious example of that.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It might take leg strength but it takes more core strength than leg strength the way he came up fairly slowly. It shows a lot of control.

Very true guys, also notice how he hardly uses any of his arms to push for momentum. All his weight is shifted back to. Its seriously good stuff!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah the leg strength of many of the Chinese players are out of this world. In particular I still remember one particular point during the world team championships with China vs Germany, and Wang Liqin was playing Boll, and in one particular point, Boll and WLQ back 15 feet from the table, and in the process of getting hits back, WLQ was squatting to the grown with out leg extended out, almost like a half split in order to loop a ball back, and he was able to impart enough spin and power into that loop back that Boll hit it into the net. That kind of leg strength and endurance is amazing, and one of the reasons that really set the Chinese players apart. There overall leg strength, quick footwork and balance is amazing. Just notice how Boll, despite being the best non Chinese player, seems to fall over in some of his all out loops.