T2 Diamond 2019 | Malaysia

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Kato is at #29, 12 women are ahead of her and all have to withdraw before she gets a crack. Why? and what is she anyway?
Unless china sends Kato as Host Exempt...very unlikely - just who is Kato?!

Whoa, the beef...:p

Reactions: Tempest/Comet
Jan 2018
I do not agree with you. I gave the arguments why the new rules fail. You suggest simply not to discuss it. Ridiculous.

New ranking system is ok. But this does not mean that all other changes are also automatically good.

We went over this shit last year when an outspoken coach made his grievance heard loud and clear over the WR reform. The point is he doesn't care about the spectators.

Same shit here. Not even willing to give it time to pan out before jumping the gun. You're the one who asked if there's any flaw in your argument and I pointed it out. Go knock yourself out.

Your whole argument is essentially "equal outcomes(you're only interested in 11:9)" when the match format is about "equal opportunities" by lowering the chance of shutouts and increasing the chance of upsets.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Read 2 reviews
Dumby.jpgRetardness.jpg

LYJ making mince meat out of WCT. Another XX vs LYJ final in the making and most likely another win for XX. I was just wondering when XX will retire 6 months back !!

And China now has a major reason to force Taiwan to return to mainland.

Lmao, you guys really it's just too funny :'D Some people seem to have a gift to make a fool of themselves.

How can a decently smart person bury a player like FZD so fast just because he has a bad period? And everyone agreeing with each other on this matter, this is maybe the most funny (and worrying) part.
Anyway Fan's performance today will (hopefully) definitely shut some mouths.

Reactions: safumin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
zeio said
Weikert said back in 2014 that TV broadcasters didn't want to carry table tennis because they didn't know how long matches could last. T2 offers an alternative.

Tennis matches are more unpredictable time wise than tt. Just an excuse.

Spot on

In China, they shorten the super league because of broadcaster issue.
they all thought that the game was too long (me included) and it was a good idea to shorten it.
since if you look at Cricket, the 5 day test match is hardly capacity full, but T20 match is pretty much sold out.

Then as you point out, some games goes on for long long long and have a strong commercial value.

From a business shoe, the problem is not necessary on how long the match is, but how much value it is. And that's something that still need to be fixed.

No doubt a regular Tennis coach would earn more than a TT coach. So this all effect through the entire "supply" chain

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
LYJ making mince meat out of WCT. Another XX vs LYJ final in the making and most likely another win for XX. I was just wondering when XX will retire 6 months back !!

And China now has a major reason to force Taiwan to return to mainland.

Haha,
few years back, Taiwan had a strong economy, so maybe it was a must need.
Now Taiwan is not as strong and China has so much issues to deal with. I think they should just leave Taiwan aside.
You can ask Zeio of all the issues happening in HK now. I wonder if he goes and help join the rallies.
Since China can't even handle a HK properly, how can they handle 3 times more angry people.

any ways, other than allowing some Taiwanese to train in China - same support to many Asian and non Asian countries, the local training is no where close to the structures of CNT or JNT
Lin is a prodigy, but with out his parents he would be no one. Just like without Chuang Mama, Chuang would be unknown.

So a high level Taiwanese coach once told me, it is incredible how a mom can take on the whole of Chinese table tennis association

Last edited:
Jan 2018
It is funny how we were making fun of Ishikawa after her loss to ZYL while on retrospect, she is currently the only player to have taken a game of ZYL.

And she also happens to be the only one who got handed a bagel.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
zeio said
Weikert said back in 2014 that TV broadcasters didn't want to carry table tennis because they didn't know how long matches could last. T2 offers an alternative.

Tennis matches are more unpredictable time wise than tt. Just an excuse.

Well, there is a difference. The Wimbledon final (at least the men’s) will probably be aired, and if it’s long the programmes it runs into be damned.

The other matches may get a few minutes high over in a fixed few minutes time slot.

If and when TT ever crosses that magical barrier where the frenzy of one event drowns out everything else - world soccer champs, the Tour de France in part of Yurp, the superbowl in the US - the we’ll see full TT matches take precedence, regardless of length.

Until then, expect half a minute of TT on TV during the olympics. Or fencing, badminton, curling.

If you want to see sports matches not riding the wave of mass hysteria, don’t look at generic TV. Specialized streams do get aired, on their own platforms and by their own organisations for the select few afficionados.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well, there is a difference. The Wimbledon final (at least the men’s) will probably be aired, and if it’s long the programmes it runs into be damned.

The other matches may get a few minutes high over in a fixed few minutes time slot.

If and when TT ever crosses that magical barrier where the frenzy of one event drowns out everything else - world soccer champs, the Tour de France in part of Yurp, the superbowl in the US - the we’ll see full TT matches take precedence, regardless of length.

Until then, expect half a minute of TT on TV during the olympics. Or fencing, badminton, curling.

If you want to see sports matches not riding the wave of mass hysteria, don’t look at generic TV. Specialized streams do get aired, on their own platforms and by their own organisations for the select few afficionados.

So why don't ITF change the rules and make tennis shorter so they can get more air time?
If ITTF took over ITF, they will change everything lol