Fan Zhendong equipment

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Fan zhendong's backhand rubber is T05 or H3 National? anyone confirm? thx

Hahahaaa. Now this is really amazing. Thanks for approving my theory. Do you think this is Photoshopped?? C'mon man

Pretty clear from one of the photos that the red rubber has the Butterfly logo.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
hahaha... how funny coincidence. Just found a couple of pics of FZD Blade from the Worldcup2016 and to me it doesn´t really look like a vis. But everyone can decide for themselves. Pics courtesy of mytischtennis.de (c) S.Fabig

I see 7 Layers, two of them probably carbon. What does that tell me? I have no idea >.<

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well you really could be right... or probably everyone just sees what he/she wants to see.
To me it doesn't look like composite but instead like that brownish thin wood ply of the Infinity, could be something like rosewood...
But i've seen other photos from the Worldcup and there were a few players that didn't use a composite blade which was quite unexpected.

Here's the link, in case someone is interested.

http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/...rbruecken-die-schlaeger-der-world-cup-stars/1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Well you really could be right... or probably everyone just sees what he/she wants to see.
To me it doesn't look like composite but instead like that brownish thin wood ply of the Infinity, could be something like rosewood...
But i've seen other photos from the Worldcup and there were a few players that didn't use a composite blade which was quite unexpected.

http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/...rbruecken-die-schlaeger-der-world-cup-stars/1

Well thats hard to say :) Anyway's i think no one of us would play better if they knew. ;)

Interesting there are alot of pros using 7 plays non carbon :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Enlarging the photos on my computer, here is what I can tell for sure:

1) That is not a Stiga Infinity. Core is too thick. Dark ply is too thin.

2) FH rubber has blue sponge.

3) BH rubber has Butterfly logo.

Here are inferences and educated guess some people might make:

1) Dark ply is probably carbon. And based on other photos from his racket, it is likely an ALC ply.

2) FH rubber is probably a DHS rubber.

3) BH rubber could be one from the Tenergy series.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
cache.php

From this page:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34187&PN=104

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
But this photo:

It is kind of hard to argue that that is something other than carbon. And I definitely see 7 plies. That carbon also looks like it is ALC to me. I could see someone arguing it is not. But it sure looks like it to me.

Now, it could be any number of blades that are 5 wood + 2 carbon.

Particularly, since TBS, TB ALC, ZJK ALC, ZJK Blue Dragon, Kenta, and a few others are all almost identical, there is no way to know which specific blade, without walking up to Fan and having him give you the racket for your examination and rubber removal.

The inference that it is a Viscaria comes from a few places:

1) someone who knows someone who knows him. So third person hearsay.

2) the fact that he used a Viscaria before he signed his contract with Stiga.

3) the fact that, there have been tournaments where something happened to his racket and his backup was a Viscaria with a Viscaria handle.

But, again, those are all inferences. And there is no reason it couldn't be a Timo Bill Spirit instead, especially since the only difference is the handle.

I believe in last year super league or this year olympic warm up games he was using viscaria handle

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I believe in last year super league or this year olympic warm up games he was using viscaria handle

100% certain that there was at lest 1 tournament where he used a Viscaria with a Viscaria handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
View attachment 11060 look like handle stiga infinity at chinese super leugeu 2016. not same at Cttsl at 2014 View attachment 11061
It past 2years, of course he can change the blade.
so. why viscaria, not other carbon blades? just because why he need to switch to another blades if he played with viscaria at pasts?
Jike for example play with viscaria all the time.
viscaria and hl5 most popular blades at all of CNT. where no TBS, KLHS, TB ALC, INNEFORCE... of others.
that's why.
PS: IMHO he use viscaria at most of matches, but sometimes he use real Infinity VPS5 special made.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am not quite sure how you guys have missed this. But it has been documented that FZD is using a Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. You guys who were unaware of this can do your research. Why FZD would be sponsored by Stiga and use a blade from Butterfly is very debatable. But the subject of what FZD is using has been covered.

And the ultimate source is someone who knows FZD and knows for certain, that what he is using is a Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle.

What I am wondering about is how this subject can come up again and again with people who have not done the research making claims.

If you look at any good photo that shows the plies of FZD's blade, you can see that it is definitely 7 plies and it is definitely carbon so you can say FOR SURE that it CAN'T BE a Stiga Infinity. Do the research.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
You'll never know for sure till you take it closely and watching it by yourself.
Untill it, the only you can do is a guessing...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
cache.php

From this page:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34187&PN=104

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

To me, hands down, the photo of FZD's blade sitting on the table during a tournament looks much more like the 7 plies of the Viscaria than it looks like the 5 plies of the Infinity.

So the question is still, why would FZD be sponsored by Stiga and say he is using an Infinity and use a different blade.

Because, no matter what else you think, that blade is 100% not an Infinity because it has too many plies and the dark ply is too thin. And the top ply is too thick the way Butterfly makes top plies whereas, the top ply on the Infinity is VERY thin the way Stiga makes top plies.

Enlarge the photos and examine the plies and you can see for yourself that that is NOT an Infinity.

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Also, Suga D, if you enlarge this image and look closely:

1f04ac640e1927e6fc2b65359bbfbf5d.jpg

There is a wood colored tape covering the plies around the handle and it stops at the wings. If you look closely at the plies at the wings, that looks like it may have a carbon ply too. The angle doesn't give a good view. But it looks like there is a carbon ply there as well. And that ply also looks like it has some of the blue that is characteristic of certain ALC blades.

Last edited: