short pips for close table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
hi guys
i have tibhar stratus power wood ,but i want to choise a short pips for BH . PAY CLOSE TABLE!

what is your suggestion for buy BH rubber (short pips)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
There is a lot of homogeneity amongst short pips. As long as you get one in the right hardness (top sheet and sponge), they all play similar.

That being said, short pips are much more demanding on the blade. You won't be able to get the stiff, direct, solid, reinforced, precise, linear, crisp feel with a stratus power wood...

But maybe that only matter for people who are demanding. For soft blades, I recommend a harder short pips (802 in their 40+ degree sponges or Dolphin).

If you decide to get the right kind of blades:

For backhands, Spectol Red, Moristo, and Blowfish+ are my preferences. If you want more spin, Victas 102, Spinpips red and Blowfish.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
nittaku beautry if you are experimenting
tibhar speedy soft xd dtechs if you are experienced

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

There is a lot of homogeneity amongst short pips. As long as you get one in the right hardness (top sheet and sponge), they all play similar.

That being said, short pips are much more demanding on the blade. You won't be able to get the stiff, direct, solid, reinforced, precise, linear, crisp feel with a stratus power wood...

But maybe that only matter for people who are demanding. For soft blades, I recommend a harder short pips (802 in their 40+ degree sponges or Dolphin).

If you decide to get the right kind of blades:

For backhands, Spectol Red, Moristo, and Blowfish+ are my preferences. If you want more spin, Victas 102, Spinpips red and Blowfish.

i have disability and i should play close table
i want a pips rubber without layer

what do you think guys?

says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
i used to play with sp for several years and pips typet depends on your style. All short pips are designed for close to table play.
I suggest you boosted 802-40, i liked also TSP Super SP blue/red you. both allows to execute light opening topspin.
Victas 101 are very nasty - almost insensitive to incoming spin but requires good skills.

Reactions: Madmazel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
i used to play with sp for several years and pips typet depends on your style. All short pips are designed for close to table play.
I suggest you boosted 802-40, i liked also TSP Super SP blue/red you. both allows to execute light opening topspin.
Victas 101 are very nasty - almost insensitive to incoming spin but requires good skills.

Dr. Evil short pips are classic no sponge pips that work well close to the table.

may i suggest dms firestorm soft, easy to drive and smash, insensitive to spin also

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Ritc 802-40 cheap but good.

sir yogi, the problem with 802-40 is their sponge is hard even at 38 degrees, top sheet rubber are easily get oxidise in just a month

i think Donic Spike p1 or p2 is good choose with stratus power wood for close table , as i have disability

what do you think guys?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Madmazel,

What's the nature of your disability? Is it affecting your mobility? Don't worry, no shame in accepting the fact, and we are not here to judge.

Most short pips players tend to stick closer to the table than other styles, but there is no one thing that makes on pip better in that zone than another.

Generally speaking, switching to short pips require a more committed playing style. Against similarly skilled opponents, short pips have a disadvantage in opening attacks, especially effective loops against backspin, or if you are up to that stage, attacking serves. You really need to adopt a more aggressive style and take every chance you get. It does reward hard drives and smashing against lower balls where most inverted players won't even think of playing hard.

I only played 2 hardbat tournaments, so for OX (I assume that's what you mean by without layer) I've only used 802 and 889. I prefer the 889 because it's a bit softer and can generate a little more spin.

Reactions: Madmazel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hi Madmazel,

What's the nature of your disability? Is it affecting your mobility? Don't worry, no shame in accepting the fact, and we are not here to judge.

Most short pips players tend to stick closer to the table than other styles, but there is no one thing that makes on pip better in that zone than another.

Generally speaking, switching to short pips require a more committed playing style. Against similarly skilled opponents, short pips have a disadvantage in opening attacks, especially effective loops against backspin, or if you are up to that stage, attacking serves. You really need to adopt a more aggressive style and take every chance you get. It does reward hard drives and smashing against lower balls where most inverted players won't even think of playing hard.

I only played 2 hardbat tournaments, so for OX (I assume that's what you mean by without layer) I've only used 802 and 889. I prefer the 889 because it's a bit softer and can generate a little more spin.

thanks
i want more for blocking and push , you think Donic Spike p2 is good for BH with stratus power wood?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you should use it because of the ability i think you should have something with less grip and somewhat soft. 802 40 is to hard and to much grip. atleast the one you buy i a store.