Looking for offensive all-wood blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Been using an old used Donic Persson Powerplay senso V1 since like 2 years back and feeling really comfortable with it but since it's old and well-worn im thinking it might not last for that many years. Have also been trying to buy the same blade but it doesn't get the same speed as the older one and im not looking for any carbon blades since i want the maximum feeling possible.[h=1][/h]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga Clipper or Xiom Extreme S would be all wood and a little faster than the PowerPlay. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood might be closer to the speed of a PowerPlay but still might be a touch faster and a little more head heavy.

Lots of other choices as well though.

Reactions: guedir
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I had a Persson Powerplay once. Regular without senso. I like my Avalox bt777 significantly better, because it has more dwell time. Limba outer instead of koto. But it's not as linear as Persson Powerplay, as far as I remember. Maybe Avalox p700 is closer? (Anyone?)
I found that TSP Swat is sometimes similar to PPP in throwangle, but more dwelly and springy maybe (I'm not sure though). Swat Speed could be closer to ppp's behavior, but probably faster. Haven't tried it though, so can't tell.

My old bt555 was about as fast as my ppp. But the new bt555 I got is significantly slower and lighter. The bt777 that I now use instead has the speed I was missing. It's only a couple grams heavier than my current bt555, and is also slightly headheavy.

A more headheavy version of the same blade will give you slightly/bit more speed.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Been using an old used Donic Persson Powerplay senso V1 since like 2 years back and feeling really comfortable with it but since it's old and well-worn im thinking it might not last for that many years. Have also been trying to buy the same blade but it doesn't get the same speed as the older one and im not looking for any carbon blades since i want the maximum feeling possible.

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive. Faster away from the table than my old (>30 years) Persson Powerplays (lightest 87g, heaviest 96g, the newest is a Senso V2) and still very controlled in the short game. In the first days the YEO even felt a bit too dead but this changed after around a week. For me the YEO fits better to rubbers like the H3 than my Powerplays.
ppp_yeo.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Yasaka Matthias Falck W7, xiom Solo, Sanwei Fextra, Stiga RW5

Hi Yogi-Bear,

Do you know the composition of the Falck W7?

The description on the Yasaka site just says
"FALCK W7 consists of a thicker core layer and three thinner outer layers, including one harder, coloured layer."

The picture looks like a Limba outer ply, but I can't seem to find any info on the rest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Been using an old used Donic Persson Powerplay senso V1 since like 2 years back and feeling really comfortable with it but since it's old and well-worn im thinking it might not last for that many years. Have also been trying to buy the same blade but it doesn't get the same speed as the older one and im not looking for any carbon blades since i want the maximum feeling possible.

Here are some of the all wood blades I absolutely enjoy playing:

Adidas V1.3 with Hinoki top ply
Adidas Challenge Speed
Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon designed by Nexy

Hi Yogi-Bear,

Do you know the composition of the Falck W7?

The description on the Yasaka site just says
"FALCK W7 consists of a thicker core layer and three thinner outer layers, including one harder, coloured layer."

The picture looks like a Limba outer ply, but I can't seem to find any info on the rest.
Limba ayous composition about 6.5mm thick. Ill post a, review Sunday.

This user has no status.
Stiga Azalea Offensive the little sister of the blades on this list, great blade for the price beginners to pros alike do not overlook as it does it all very good blade overall... Just cause it's good for beginners and intermediate don't mean it does not fit for pros many people I know still love this blade as it really is great overall... IMO a step down from intensity

Stiga Intensity also another overall blade more offensive than Azalea another good blade overall if you looking for a harder faster blade than Azalea. Well used by many pros so not much to say there as it does preform and was used in higher levels of play in competition to the highest level,

Stiga Eternity a blade that also is an upgrade to the intensity if your looking for an even faster harder blade, don't get me wrong this is also a decently flexible blade that has harder properties, I feel this is the middle ground blade on my list

Stiga Emerald This is the bigger brother to the Eternity well matched and great blade has any ebony top so be prepared for a harder top as it is a hardwood, will provide better speed and power but still has the control of the other blade maybe a little less on control but overall top notch all wood blade for it's price, maybe the biggest sweetspot overall Compaired to the other on this list...

I'm going to say the top of the top would be the rosewood 5/7, being the hardest
Blades on the list it is not as flexible but great looping ability if you power thru also harder than the rest and prob the least controllable but speed is up there, Very powerful if you can control the speed, to that ability Rosewood 7 would be double of what I said does not necessarily mean it's better than the 5 it's a matter of preference but due to 7 ply it is a heavier blade

This might look like a Stiga advertisement but it is not :D it is a fact that overall Stiga makes better all wood blades than most brands...
Every blade on this list is a great choice it is a matter of preference on what you want, If you want more speed and power and sometimes hardness go up but if you want more control and flexibility go down the scale and you will find what you want. You can't go wrong with any blades they all work well and play great... Good luck finding a blade of your choice that you find that suits you the best!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have fallen in love (again) with the Mazunov. Getting thr lightest one you can find is a good idea. Will do a video review sometime.

I have two Mazunov blades that I got in 1991. One of them weighs 108 grams. I think, maybe that one is for Der. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have two Mazunov blades that I got in 1991. One of them weighs 108 grams. I think, maybe that one is for Der. :)

Hahaha - it is a head heavy blade so 108g is a lot. But when you look at the vibration, which is a measure of its feeling, it is not an OFF+ blade. When you look at the speed, it is, but it isn't that much faster than an SZLC blade and this is with much more feeling. To me, it is no longer an OFF+ blade with the plastic ball, it is just at the top end of OFF because you have to account for the vibration, not just the speed.

So now, I think of it as worth investigating as an alternative to the composite blades with the plastic ball. Because the high vibration gives you better feeling than many of the composites and for the same speed/power, the feeling is simply better. The weight and head size of course, could be an issue and this is where I think the player has to see for themselves. But I have been really amazed how how I have felt going back to it now. I left it for the issues I discussed (thought it was too head heavy to play modern over the table strokes), but now I realize such things are a matter of the individual.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW, I have tried to list the Mazunov (so I can review it) in the equipment center. No one has processed my request for whatever reason...

I think there are some things on the site that are not really as functional as they used to be anymore. Not sure why it would not be immediately available. That is how I remember it used to be the last time I entered a blade to so I could review it.