Xiom Tau II

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
I glued it one of my blades last week and had a very short opportunity to test it. Feels softer on ball impact than H3, although sponge is harder than 39/40 deg H3s. Top sheet? Great spin, dynamic, yet controlled and good for short play. Seems to be a very promising rubber, but I have to test it more, of course.

Reactions: latej
I think you are going to love it

my only cons is that it gets dirty or dusty easily , i have to clean it after a set or two [emoji38]

It does pick up a lot of dusts especially the black one. That is why i suggest to people that they need to clean it in between matches

I glued it one of my blades last week and had a very short opportunity to test it. Feels softer on ball impact than H3, although sponge is harder than 39/40 deg H3s. Top sheet? Great spin, dynamic, yet controlled and good for short play. Seems to be a very promising rubber, but I have to test it more, of course.

It there are no Hurricane 3 in the world, Tau ii will definitely be my permanent fh rubber. It is just so good. If only they release this outside of China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Now I received my reg Xiom TAU II. Well... I instantly got the feeling of H3N, but after playing a while I felt the softness that the H3N doesn't have. As much as I want TAU II to be a better version of H3N, I can't really get that catapult kick that H3N gives. The thing about this rubber, is that it's almost there in the attacking game, and at the same time has this softer feeling that can give you that extra control that H3N misses. I have to play some more with this to get used to it's character. :)

Reactions: latej
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
2xjxxTbOEAg.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Now I received my reg Xiom TAU II. Well... I instantly got the feeling of H3N, but after playing a while I felt the softness that the H3N doesn't have. As much as I want TAU II to be a better version of H3N, I can't really get that catapult kick that H3N gives. The thing about this rubber, is that it's almost there in the attacking game, and at the same time has this softer feeling that can give you that extra control that H3N misses. I have to play some more with this to get used to it's character. :)
hmm strange, it is the opposite for me, when I bounce the ball on my Tau 2, it is higher than on the H3N

Yep. The bounce is higher, but the loop kick is less...

Regular H3 has less kick than Tau 2 unless you boost H3. The sponge of Tau 2 has more rebound due to its factory tuning. The softness is because of Tau's topsheet. The sponge is harder since it is about 55 where's when H3 40 degrees for example is around 52 degrees if in the same scale.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
And as for the potential export&import concerns of CITES endangered wood species that Music&Ping mentioned earlier: I looked up that list, and Wenge is not on the CITES list of protected species, so that wouldnt be an issue even if Der Echte needs to take it out of the country at some point. I won't have to export it anyway since I'm right here in California.

And as for the potential export&import concerns of CITES endangered wood species that Music&Ping mentioned earlier: I looked up that list, and Wenge is not on the CITES list of protected species, so that wouldnt be an issue even if Der Echte needs to take it out of the country at some point. I won't have to export it anyway since I'm right here in California.

Dude I am seeing you post this on several. Threads!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020

Regular H3 has less kick than Tau 2 unless you boost H3. The sponge of Tau 2 has more rebound due to its factory tuning. The softness is because of Tau's topsheet. The sponge is harder since it is about 55 where's when H3 40 degrees for example is around 52 degrees if in the same scale.

this is what I noticed also, I had the H3N Prov, it had the same tackiness with the Tau 2

haven't tried the normal H3N yet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Yep. That makes perfectly sense. I received my Haifu Seamoon Booster a couple of days ago, and have boosted a H3 41deg three times now. Hopefully the dome has come down enough this evening so the rubber is glueable. It's a bit tricky playing when a couple of centimeters around the edges isn't attached to the blade 😁

Yep. That makes perfectly sense. I received my Haifu Seamoon Booster a couple of days ago, and have boosted a H3 41deg three times now. Hopefully the dome has come down enough this evening so the rubber is glueable. It's a bit tricky playing when a couple of centimeters around the edges isn't attached to the blade 😁

I usually give it a day to rest then place it under a pile of 1 or 2 books for 6 hrs then after gluing i use clicky press to firmly press the glued rubber.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I usually give it a day to rest then place it under a pile of 1 or 2 books for 6 hrs then after gluing i use clicky press to firmly press the glued rubber.

Yes I should buy one of those, but for now I found a 5kg piece of a stone bench to keep it down while it attach to the blade. Hope it works :)

Reactions: yogi_bear
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi Which glue do you use?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi. I use Stiga Attach Power Glue. It worked fine actually, but I put it under pressure for a couple of hours after glueing. :)

If you can get it, try Revolution No 3, I think TT11 sell it, there’s the option of 3 viscosities. Normal, medium and high. Go with the Normal to start with.
there is a marketing vid out there, which is great.
It’s a very good glue, strong, but for me the main advantage is how easy the glue can be removed from the sponge. If you get it right, it can be peeled off in 1 or 2 pieces !! De-gluing doesn’t damage the sponge, no having to rub the glue layer with your (sore!!) fingers/ thumbs.
my personal experience is that if you use 2 or 3 layers on blade and sponge, the ‘Advertised’ effect happens, I found that no residue is left on the blade, only the sponge.
being able to easily remove the glue is excellent if you are boosting regularly!!

DHS no 15 is also a very strong glue, and when used in a number of layers forms a thick very ‘rubbery’ layer. Which is something some players really like, but I’ve found it to be a ‘pig’ to remove!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
If you can get it, try Revolution No 3, I think TT11 sell it, there’s the option of 3 viscosities. Normal, medium and high. Go with the Normal to start with.
there is a marketing vid out there, which is great.
It’s a very good glue, strong, but for me the main advantage is how easy the glue can be removed from the sponge. If you get it right, it can be peeled off in 1 or 2 pieces !! De-gluing doesn’t damage the sponge, no having to rub the glue layer with your (sore!!) fingers/ thumbs.
my personal experience is that if you use 2 or 3 layers on blade and sponge, the ‘Advertised’ effect happens, I found that no residue is left on the blade, only the sponge.
being able to easily remove the glue is excellent if you are boosting regularly!!

DHS no 15 is also a very strong glue, and when used in a number of layers forms a thick very ‘rubbery’ layer. Which is something some players really like, but I’ve found it to be a ‘pig’ to remove!!

Thank you for the tip. I've never used it, but it sounds like a very comfortable glue. I will definitely try it out. :)