Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
@Chen Chen a most informative thread! But for me there is a question how to continue with Chinese rubbers. I currently found a nice setup with H8 on a powerful 5 ply blade (Stiga Exclusive). But. The H8 is heavy and total weight is ≈199g. The blade is 91g so each cut sheet of rubber is 54g. It would be nice to have something a little lighter. I realize H3 is slower than H8 unless you boost. But I hate the smell of booster, including factory booster. H3 Neo absolutely stinks. H8 on the other hand doesn’t stink, plays well, but is heavy.

Here is the question then.

Is it possible to put together some lighter combo of unboosted H3 (say provincial blue sponge on FH and provincial orange sponge at 37-38 hardness on BH) that would play well? Or are those rubbers designed to be boosted and the whole idea is moot? Or is 199g totally fine and I should just stick with it?

I’m still a developing player and don’t mind working a bit to build technique, as long as the setup makes sense.
the booster do not smell ... the sponge it self smells but not the booster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
the booster do not smell ... the sponge it self smells but not the booster.

Whatever they do to the Neo (and for example Jupiter 2) smells really bad. H8 doesn’t smell like that, neither do the provincial H3 rubbers that my coach uses. I have a whole thread about this topic so we needn’t debate that here.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]You can fool ITTF some time, you can't fool ITTF all the time.[/size]

Attachments

• 729_not_approved.jpg
    729_not_approved.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Could I ask why?

To my understanding is that by leaving the plastic film on, you're not letting the booster do what it's intended which is to stretch the topsheet giving that trampoline effect.

Furthermore, I'd imagine that'd put a lot of stress on the glue joints from pips to sponge when the sponge is trying to expand but the topsheet can't expand with it all because the film is still attached.

Mr G_Zhang, I'd like to hear your opinion on XX's blade dynsty carbon. Is it widely used in China? I heard STIGA is really big in China...

How do the Chinese TT community think about this blade? Especially compared with viscaria. (which I think is also a very famous blade in China? but I also heard butterfly brand is not very well received in China?)

To my understanding is that by leaving the plastic film on, you're not letting the booster do what it's intended which is to stretch the topsheet giving that trampoline effect.

Furthermore, I'd imagine that'd put a lot of stress on the glue joints from pips to sponge when the sponge is trying to expand but the topsheet can't expand with it all because the film is still attached.

I always remove the thin film because of booster absorption. For that case, i use the old h3 version instead becUae it absorbs booster better.

Mr G_Zhang, I'd like to hear your opinion on XX's blade dynsty carbon. Is it widely used in China? I heard STIGA is really big in China...

How do the Chinese TT community think about this blade? Especially compared with viscaria. (which I think is also a very famous blade in China? but I also heard butterfly brand is not very well received in China?)

Clipper wood is still famous in China although Stiga products are much more expensive there if I am not mistaken. I think Butterfly is well received since a lot of people pkay with Viscaria there.

Clipper wood is still famous in China although Stiga products are much more expensive there if I am not mistaken. I think Butterfly is well received since a lot of people pkay with Viscaria there.

A lot of people in Indonesia are 'illegally' selling butterfly blades they bought from Chinese market. They do it because Chinese butterfly is cheaper than here in Indonesia. (Hence the presumption that butterfly is not very well received there, thus decreasing the price)

In Indonesia butterfly is like the no 1 blade. Amongst the blade brands, STIGA is the least go-to blade, making it difficult to sell (both new and used blade)

Last edited:
Yes, dynasty carbon is quite popular for Chinese penholders. Most people bought the blade because of XX.
But it is not that popular among the shakehanders.

Butterfly is very well received in China. You will see more than 50% people using butterfly blades for those with certain skills.

Hi, can anyone compare the difference between a N301 provincial or national with the xu xin dynasty carbon?

it's very different, N301 is inner layer carbon, XX dynasty carbon is outer layer carbon. XX is way faster and has more carbon feel than N301