Amateur player with a crazy Backhand

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
some are hits some are loops drives ...but yes this video are cuts ...and when you see the score board on each game there is newer some big lead..... and his serves have a good variation and looks good ..so i do not think he is amateur...
he is actually playing at TTC Finow Eberswalde.

Last edited:
Reactions: slimjimmii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
They aren't hits, they are loop drives, and the video only shows his makes, so you don't get to see the limitations of the technique. IT's good, but I don't know about the percentages. I have arthritis so I can't try that any more.

Well his German TTR is around 1950 (which translates to around USATT 2350-2400) so it does mean that he has a pretty good percentage of makes.

Here's a training video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well his German TTR is around 1950 (which translates to around USATT 2350-2400) so it does mean that he has a pretty good percentage of makes.

Here's a training video

Thanks for that. The tennis backswing and the coiling of the wrist and elbow on the take-back is excellent. I hope the people trying to correct me can judge for themselves whether his stroke is a hit or a loop drive. Just because he is hitting the ball hard doesn't mean that the stroke is not a loop drive. Even the kills are not flat hits, they are topspin drives but so hard that the ball bottoms out.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Thanks for that. The tennis backswing and the coiling of the wrist and elbow on the take-back is excellent. I hope the people trying to correct me can judge for themselves whether his stroke is a hit or a loop drive. Just because he is hitting the ball hard doesn't mean that the stroke is not a loop drive. Even the kills are not flat hits, they are topspin drives but so hard that the ball bottoms out.

Oh yes, he's definitely contacting the top half of the ball. His acceleration prior to contact is tremendous and the arc of the ball is apparent even with the crazy speed he is able to generate.

This user has no status.
Haha, he wrote in one of this comments that he uses Tenergy 05 on the backhand :)
but listen to that "smack" sound at 00:30 for example, i play against players with T05 and they don't sound like that. Nevertheless that hit is powerful weapon but i'm not getting tenergy LOL

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
but listen to that "smack" sound at 00:30 for example, i play against players with T05 and they don't sound like that. Nevertheless that hit is powerful weapon but i'm not getting tenergy LOL

That is what happens to Tenergy 05 when you loop extremely hard. That said, it is clearly his technique. He could probably do similar things with spinny short pips with that racket head speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
For the EJs here :)
Selection_185.jpg
Earlier he had T05 on his backhand and the T05FX on his forehand. Now he is using T05 FX on both sides on a Primorac Carbon.

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, watching him I was thinking he was in that ballpark. 2350-2400. He could be a bit lower or higher but it looks like that is around what his level is. P

And yeah, there is too much arc on most of the balls for those to be hit flat. Too much kick on the bounce as well. Even the ones with no arc do seem to be spun. Just too much pace when he kills the ball for the arc to appear.

It is interesting how much he turns for his backhand. It would be interesting to see him play a full match vs someone one level higher. Because, against these guys he moves well in spite of how much he turns for his backhand and how he likes to back up.

I am reminding myself of that guy in D-Top's video:

"Look, it's simple! All you have to do is play crisis-cross blocks and you will be invincible! How can you idiots not understand this simple concept!"

Sent from MountDoom via TheRingOfPower