Victas VS402 Limber & V15 Limber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hello everyone!

Could anyone kindly compare the V15 Limber and the VS402 Limber?
I would like to know about the difference especially in speed and catapult behavior.

I've tried a VS402 DE on a friend's blade. And felt that it was similar to a Xiom OVA. The speed is there if you hit hard. But generally it gets too tiring for me. Right now, I'm shifting more to softer rubbers as I feel more confident, with the increased control.

The V15 Limber is something I've got used to. My stroke is more of a slower brushing stroke, rather than a short fast drive with quick arm action. On single sided Cpen, after a quick transition from TPH block to FH for the loopkill, I wished the V15 Limber better for brush looping. Sometimes it bites too much on a hard return shot. But I do generally like the speed of the V15 Limber. Digressing, I liked the FXS too, but it lacked speed for me.

I am hoping the VS402L to have at least the same speed with the V15 Limber. (VS402L is rated higher speed on the Victas catalogue?) And hopefully slightly better for someone with a brush looping stroke. But if its speed and catapult is similar to its DE variant. I will stick to the V15L. Then again I read from reviews that VS402L is bouncier and faster than the DE version? I'm confused!

Kindly help me out here!
smiley1.gif

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
From my brief experience I would say 402 limber is too soft for fh, more of a bh rubber, very spinny, a little bouncy.
Definitely more a bh rubber, especially if you are an advanced player, maybe ok on fh for a beginner to intermediate player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
From my brief experience I would say 402 limber is too soft for fh, more of a bh rubber, very spinny, a little bouncy.
Definitely more a bh rubber, especially if you are an advanced player, maybe ok on fh for a beginner to intermediate player.

Thank you Mog! Was just told that the VS402L is slower than V15L. And with your confirmation, I'll stick to the V15L!

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Isn't the VS series mainly meant for chopping? I've only had a brief hit with VS401 on a friends racket and it was slow beyond belief.

Hello Mart,

And yes. Apparently VS means Very Sticky (topsheet) and the 401 is meant for "aggressive choppers" while the 402 for all round offense. - According to Victas.

I play a Cpen one sider now. Instead of plainly just blocking balls within the table especially on my BH side. I tend to return with alot of spin variation, underspin, sidespin and chopping. I tend to like rubbers with suppressed or linear catapult. I do like the MXS and the V15 Extra, but looking for something with even more control. Thus ending up with V15L.

The VS402L looked and sounded like what might suit me on paper. That's why the interest. Many new rubbers are too powerful with catapulting kicking in early. I'm not a consistent power player... ;) When I want to, I play 1-ply Jpen Hinoki with O7P. But it gets really really taxing to the point of no enjoyment.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Not quite the direction you've been looking in obviously, but have you considered Vega Pro?

More like excuses to try more stuff! Haha!
I am open to all brands. And do not mind the Vega Pro. Seems to have a good price too.

But I read it's 47.5° and worried that I might face the same problems with harder and faster rubbers.

As I read that it is similar (not identical) to T05. I personally prefer the T05FX. But wished it were less sensitive to spin, more linear/ direct and slightly faster. I can do with less spin.

Maybe you could tell me more about your recommendation? Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Well you already have it covered quite well, it can feel a little hard but it is not fast in the sense of "a small hit will give a fast ball", more like what you said about being linear and direct - it won't bottom out or else I have chicken arms, frankly the upper limit is pretty high. Blocking and short play feel really safe, in this range of rubbers - no surprises there. At the same time, so long as you are committed you can open up pretty boldly with it, without being worried of the ball overshooting the table. The part about being less sensitive to spin than T05 is also true, but of course all of this means you may at times wish for some of the "free spin" the Tenergy or the "free speed" of your V15 Extra. I know some people here in France call Vega Pro somewhat "dead", but then again you have to consider the number of Calibra LT Sound and the like that people play with (note that I think the upper limit, in terms of spin, would actually be in favour of the Vega, but you'd really have to consider respective techniques here). So, you can't have it all but to me Vega Pro is a darn fine compromise so long as you can live with being on the more serious side of things. Also, I haven't mentioned it and this is very important to me, but it works both as a brushing (not saying this is Hurricane-level stuff, but then that's not what you seem to be looking for either) and hitting-through rubber.

Reactions: Chewy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Wow Ioiettino, thank you so much for your detailed reply. You've got me even more intrigued right now, and I can fully understand your descriptions.

What interests me most is the ability to boldly commit to your shots without the fear of overshooting the table and I realised I like "dead" stuff.. while not too dead, dead with linear catapult is good!

I can give up "free spin" and "free speed" as long as the catapult is linear and it has enough speed till mid distance. Being able to brush and flat hit is a bonus. Looks like I'll be trying it. Will let you know how it goes! ;) This is definitely not the first, second or third time I've been hearing good stuff about this rubber. Wonder why I put it off so long...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino