Miu Hirano creates history winning the Asian Championships 2017!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Looking forward to WTTC and Tokyo 2020
Miu has been improving every 3 to 4 months
She can only get better and get more confidence.
Her style is more complete, she is more aggressive and will only get more power.

During Rio I wrote in one of the topics that I think Miu Hirano, Mima Ito, Kasumi Ishikawa will be in a team for Tokyo 2020 and someone replied that Japan has a lot of young talented players, so anything can happen. I really like how Miu Hirano plays, but I have one concern. There are still 3 years untill Tokyo and her game is very physical. I hope she can avoid injuries and focus on training.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
She was already stretching her waist during the final match and I for one was worried ... blame the ITTF and plastic ball for all these nonsensical injuries that have been ruining so many careers ... on this I am in complete agreement with LGL.. but thomas weikart will get re-elected and sahara cronies will continue to run the show :( :(

During Rio I wrote in one of the topics that I think Miu Hirano, Mima Ito, Kasumi Ishikawa will be in a team for Tokyo 2020 and someone replied that Japan has a lot of young talented players, so anything can happen. I really like how Miu Hirano plays, but I have one concern. There are still 3 years untill Tokyo and her game is very physical. I hope she can avoid injuries and focus on training.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
well done for her!!!......but she didnt beat LSW......perhaps Chen Meng shouldn't beat LSW in the first place?

well chen meng beat lsw most of the time. styles makes fights I guess. LSW defeated CM in the super league this year but she had like 6-7 consecutive losses to her I think

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
What I found really unfortunate was that there was not a single clap from the audience . Come on guys , a kid beat three of your best player , have the graciousness to acknowledge and congratulate the kid !

dont forget that hirano is japanese. These videos below always get me :p

This user has no status.

Ito is already wearing medical bands on her legs. She is the one looking a bit injured.

BTW I don't think Ito will make it to Tokyo 2020. Her performance has been poor lately, 2020 is 3 years away and there is quite a bunch of very good young Japanese players, I would bet that at least one of them would see their level explode. My bets would be on Hayata. Hamamoto is a bit behind technically but she is the most athletic. Maybe if she goes a few months in China she would become another player. Many other juniors as well, Nagao... Ito's style is a bit like Fukuhara with her special rubber. That doesn't work against the Chinese. It's too risky to play without spin. Fukuhara only grabbed a few minor wins against the Chinese.

Even Ishikawa's place isn't guaranteed. 2020 is a while away and I feel Ishikawa has already peaked. If she can maintain her current level, that may be enough, but she will be 3 years older and a bit slower in 2020.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I honestly don't think Ishikawa will be too old for Tokyo. She will be only 27, one year younger than Fukuahra was in Rio. Even if there are young talented players I don't think they will surpass her and having experienced senpai will definitely help.

As for Mima Ito I think she will be fine. Probably needs a little time and will be back. We shouldn't forget that she already beat Ding Ning.

At least this is my japanese woman dream team for Tokyo :D

Last edited:
She ROCKED the table tennis world! No more Super League for Hirano! LOL She's got skills & fearless! ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)و She cracked open the Cosmic Egg! She 17! Could be here for 10 more years! This was no fluke! 3-2, 3-0, 3-0 ! Smashed them! The Japanese team has been flooding tournaments with talent! Sometimes up to 50 participants. A WAR of attrition! Today's victory was waiting to happen. Three Cheers to Japan Table Tennis!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
ok. Don't worry. Its a shame, the match was not on Japanese TV, the stars are Ishikawa and Fukuhara. But she's the new star, and from tomorrow her face will be everywhere on TV, and she will be invited in every possible TV show to do stupid things.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH triple friggin' HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHAAAAA

I think you got that one dead on the head friend. It is gunna be total LULZ, you all know how to have fun.

This user has no status.
autscree.jpgChina after losing a match

Reactions: genrel001
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Was it me? haha
Because I see lots of top youngsters not too far away (at that time and also now)
But I think with Miu's WC and Asian Champ result, she sure is in the lineup.
Ai is retired for sure. If she plays, she will only come back after being a mom (opps..... that I heard from a dinner table, don't think too much)
Ishikawa should be under heave pressure

I agree Mima, Miu and Kasumi are the 3, but which 2 will play singles :)
But then there are easily another 3 to 5 more than can show up still

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I honestly don't think Ishikawa will be too old for Tokyo. She will be only 27, one year younger than Fukuahra was in Rio. Even if there are young talented players I don't think they will surpass her and having experienced senpai will definitely help.

As for Mima Ito I think she will be fine. Probably needs a little time and will be back. We shouldn't forget that she already beat Ding Ning.

At least this is my japanese woman dream team for Tokyo :D

Its not about age any more
its about peak
If Ishikawa can't improve more, and sure can't maintain, then even herself can't make the olympic singles by performance.
Miu is performing better than Ishikawa on a good day, and Miu hasn't peak yet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
last set ding ning miu hirano

HIRANO

unforced errors 7

FH winners 3

BH winners 4

receive mistakes 1

net/edge balls 1

DING NING

unforced errors 1

FH winners

BH winners 1

receive mistakes 3

net edge balls 1

Now statistics are definitely not depicting 100% accurately what is going on in a match but they can give you an idea of +- of the players and then you can analyse further and complete an accurate "puzzle" of a match.

Hirano attacks everything early and definitely needs to work on her patience, ding ning moved her around but when she was focused and didnt haste the attack she dominated the table. Ding ning lost but the stats show how consistent she is, if she managed to read the serve better the match would probably go her way.

On the other hand if hirano matures a bit and learns how to adapt on each ball, she is definitely going to destroy many cnt women in the future. The 5th set especially in rallies was hirano all the way, ding ning scored only 1 winner !

So there is definitely a huge room for improvement for miu since she is only 17 yo. The 3-0 over zhu yuling and chen meng maybe indicate that she was better mentally and waited a bit more for the ball before killing it

All in all, when u lose and the opponent has 7 unforced errors, its definitely not the ball to blame nor the luck, the only player I have personally witnessed that is such a beast close to the table was LXX, hirano maybe is already on a higher level