Thin handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hey! I am experiementing way to much with grip pressure so i do not play well at the moment, but because i am a coach aswell i find it very interesting. I have noticed that it is important to have the racket tight with the indexfinger and thumb.

Now i have a butterfly blade which handle is rather thick so it is more difficult to have it tight with the fingers i believe? tried an old Yasaka offensive 40 and hold one of my players Sweden Extra and they are rather thin, flat so i feel the finger and thumb comes closer to the rubbers. So logically is should be easier to have grip pressure with thinner flatter handle?

Which brands and blades have thin handles? van it differ alot between the same brand? Any different in Straigth or Flared?

i do not know if i can explain well enough with my english. I do not mean the width. I am talking about the thickness.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Edit: anywhere you can se the Numbers about the size of the handle?

Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What about the more Famous and bigger Brands?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hey Lula,
I dont know if you folowed NextLevel's thread "LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size", but you seem to like similar handle types.

Here is a quote from NL, maybe you can try that:

I get the grip thing and I shaved both Carbonado handles significantly to make them feel more like a Korbel.

The biggest lesson I have learned from testing all these blades is that I like flat handles. When a handle is too fat, it places too much stress on my arthritis and my fingers. In fact, everytime I have shaved a handle to make it flatter like a Korbel, or if it already has that flatness, I have liked it better. It explains why I liked the Yasaka Extra as well as many of the Nexy Blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I basically file/sand the upper part of the handle to make it easier to hold with finger and thumb. Unfortunately too many blade makers let the thickness of the blade affect the thickness of the handle so you mostly have to sand it down yourself if you want to make it flatter. That said' blade makes do expect you to sand it down for the most part especially Butterfly. They dye their blades so well that when you sand them, you get the same quality and look even after shedding lots of wood.

Many of Nexy's blades have flatter handle but not all. So do a lot of Yasaka classic blades. But other than Korbel, I have had to make the modification myself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I basically file/sand the upper part of the handle to make it easier to hold with finger and thumb. Unfortunately too many blade makers let the thickness of the blade affect the thickness of the handle so you mostly have to sand it down yourself if you want to make it flatter. That said' blade makes do expect you to sand it down for the most part especially Butterfly. They dye their blades so well that when you sand them, you get the same quality and look even after shedding lots of wood.

Many of Nexy's blades have flatter handle but not all. So do a lot of Yasaka classic blades. But other than Korbel, I have had to make the modification myself.

Do you know if yasaka max Wood is one of those Classics? I have noticed there are new design on them But that is the only difference?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I believe DHS and Nittaku make thinner handles for most blades than Butterfly.
I have a DHS PG7 and a Nittaku Latika. Both have thinner handles than Butterfly blades.

How Do nittaku compare to yasakas blade in size? Nittaku is so expensive :(