Ask Kristian Karlsson a question!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hey Kristian, awesome to have you answering people's questions here. Very nice that a pro player uses time to give proper answers here on TTD :)

I actually remember playing against your brother Mattias a few years ago in Safir International :p That match was bad playing from me but of course, Mattias was way better :D Do you still practise a lot with your brother and did you self at some point try pimple-rubbers on one side like Mattias has (at least had). Short pimple on forehand and "normal" rubber on backhand is quite unusual style to play with. Did you also think or try playing with this style at some point?

Haha ok first of all, he is actually NOT my brother, we are not even related :D Karlsson is a really common name in Sweden but people say we kinda look alike aswell. So you're not the first one nor the last one with that assumption ;). I practice alot with Mattias since we're in the same training group in Sweden (Halmstad)I've never tried playing with Pimples.

Take care thanks for the support!
Kristian

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Haha ok first of all, he is actually NOT my brother, we are not even related :D Karlsson is a really common name in Sweden but people say we kinda look alike aswell. So you're not the first one nor the last one with that assumption ;). I practice alot with Mattias since we're in the same training group in Sweden (Halmstad)I've never tried playing with Pimples.

Take care thanks for the support!
Kristian

Ahh haha my bad for confusing you two :D Sorry lol :D But yeh it's true you guys look kinda alike and have the same surname (even though it's probably one of the most common surnames in Sweden) and don't you guys play quite much doubles together too (international tournaments too) :D All those things makes it easy to confuse you two :p

Sorry again, funny that I confused this lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Ahh haha my bad for confusing you two :D Sorry lol :D But yeh it's true you guys look kinda alike and have the same surname (even though it's probably one of the most common surnames in Sweden) and don't you guys play quite much doubles together too (international tournaments too) :D All those things makes it easy to confuse you two :p

Sorry again, funny that I confused this lol

Haha don't worry about it !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Read 2 reviews
You have by far the best backhand in the swedish national team, so my question is, do you just have an extra talented backhand or have you been practising it more than for example Jens?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Hi Kristian!
Have you tried Stigas new rubber Airoc? If so what is your thoughts about it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Ahh, as a player who also has problems with forehand (though I'm sure that your Forehand was 100000 times better than mine even when you say that it was bad earlier) ,my main problem is that I have developed a bad habit of changing the grip to a more "serve like" grip while going in for the short game because my wrist is more free but it causes serious problems when I have to quickly do a FH topspin as my grip won't be proper at all. Most of my points are lost because of this. I'm trying to change this but it seems so difficult. I'm using very forgiving rubbers (Mark V) so should I change to something stricter like Hurricane. Honestly, my forehand is less than half as skilled as the other aspects of my game and it is costing me dearly.

Or do you have any tips that can help me when I am practicing?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
hello Kristian
i was shocked when i saw your beckhand in a game vs samsonov
anyway for me, your playstyle looks quite similar as chineese (full straight arm fh stroke)

how your normal training looks like?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hi Kristian, I saw your match against Samsonov on youtube yesterday , and let me tell I was amazed by your level of playing.I had never seen you playing before and from now and on you are my favourite european player.I think if you mantain this level you could be on the top 10 very soon , what do you think?

Reactions: Dan