DHS pro/national blades

hello everyone:

i want to get a new blade and i was thinking about getting DHS Hurricane long 5, i was about to buy it then i stumble with ttnpp.com and their wide selection of pro blades, i'm copying and pasting this from their site.

[h=1]DHS N301 (Hurricane Long V 5 National)[/h]N301 and W968 has the same structure. But N301 surface is made of koto while W968 is limba

Koto surface increase the hardness of the blade. Give more powerful shots.

Same as W968 , N301 is a non-commercial version specially designed for Chinese National Team player Ma Long.

Specification :

Ply:5+2AC
Weight: 90±3g
Thickness:6.0±0.1mm
Style:OFF++
* For special blades not in DHS gereral catalogue, e.g. N301 W996, W997, 506 with special handle etc. Most of them do not comes with serial patch

webpage: http://ttnpp.com/store/home/810-dhs-n301-hurricane-long-v-5-national-7.html

Do you guys have any information about this kind of blades? if they are real? it seems possible since DHS has the special national rubbers.

thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Yes, they are real and quite common in China. Be warned, Ma Long loves to change his blade between the a few of those specs, to the extent I give up hope on tracking which slight variation he is using...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I bought from this site for first time too, but i bought DHS HH3 instead, but i am looking for to buy again from them maybe and i am looking for Hurricane Long 5, but i really don't know which of those versions i should go with, i don't care what Ma Long himself is using because he is in another class and i don't need to buy the exact same of his blade, but i like to have Long 5 blade, in the club i play in there is one player using this blade and he and many liked it, and i am the second with HH3 which is nearly as good as that HL5, but i want faster blade and to keep collection.

Not sure if the normal commercial one i should get or any of those non-commercial one will be better.

Not thinking about DHS rubbers yet, sounds it is a give and take rubbers, you may like it or may not, and it depends on which blade you use, while when i use Tenergy rubbers it is like their rubbers are amazing on any blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
One should know that what people can buy in large quantity from shops are called replica in China. Same to what ttnpp is selling. Not fake but still not the same source that supply blades to CNT.

One taobao site is telling us how to tell the difference. Top in the pic is special CNT blade and bottom replica. You can clearly tell from the serial letter "W" on the handle.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.113.YN488c&id=43926560792&ns=1&abbucket=14#deta

Attachments

• replica sml.jpg
    replica sml.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 685
I bought from this site for first time too, but i bought DHS HH3 instead, but i am looking for to buy again from them maybe and i am looking for Hurricane Long 5, but i really don't know which of those versions i should go with, i don't care what Ma Long himself is using because he is in another class and i don't need to buy the exact same of his blade, but i like to have Long 5 blade, in the club i play in there is one player using this blade and he and many liked it, and i am the second with HH3 which is nearly as good as that HL5, but i want faster blade and to keep collection.

Not sure if the normal commercial one i should get or any of those non-commercial one will be better.

Not thinking about DHS rubbers yet, sounds it is a give and take rubbers, you may like it or may not, and it depends on which blade you use, while when i use Tenergy rubbers it is like their rubbers are amazing on any blade.

I have always use h3 in my fh and BH, but I switch to tenergy 64 on my bh and it feels amazing, I would recommended giving a shot to dhs h3 or h8, plus they are only 20-30$

This user has no status.
I have always use h3 in my fh and BH, but I switch to tenergy 64 on my bh and it feels amazing, I would recommended giving a shot to dhs h3 or h8, plus they are only 20-30$

I was thinking more about H8, i may give this one a shot more than H3, i found some H3 rubbers cheap as you said, but i am still using Tenergy rubbers and also Tibhar and 9000, not planning to use H3 yet.

This user has no status.
Well, about those top players changing between rubbers is not our business, they can use any rubber and till top player and play amazing, we just follow them in what they use or change, that is why i am trying to have many blades and rubbers to see the difference in those items within the time, i have to the end of this year using all my equipment and finalize my finding.

H3 is popular within chinese players, somehow they might give some credit for China products, Ma Long is using DHS blade, why can't he use Butterfly blades as ZJK or JSH or Jun Mizutani for example? use one rubber from one brand tells nothing, i have Tenergy one side and Tibhar another side on a blade, isn't it allowed?

From the brands i already have i am happy with 3 brands so far of their products: Butterfly, Tibhar, and DHS, i have Stiga blade but i didn't give it more use, but honestly speaking, it comes second or third of my choice with my blades, also later i will give Galaxy T-11+ a test, Yasaka Extra also waiting to be assembled and tested, but i am sure BTY/DHS/Tibhar will stand out more for me, and i may give DHS more a go as you asked, could be with H3 or H8 and another blade in the future.

Agree tareq, it's like Zhang jike, who uses zlc with h3 and t05, I would b really like to try different combinations later on, I have heard good things about donic blue fire, but time will tell, thank you all for your feedback and knowledge of dhs, now I know I can kind of trust ttnpp.com.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
H3 nationals are pretty sweet, I really like them, I'm gonna try t05 this week on my backhand to see how it feels, any opinions on the fact that some players ( ma long, xu xin)have switch to a spiner rubber as h3 rather than t05?

From a recent TV doco before WTTC, Wu Jingping, the new coach of Xu Xin reveal that XX finally perform to his standard after switching to T05 for RPB. That means a better integration of RPB to his game with a mix of offense and defense. Wu said that he saw many "holes" in his game so he is amazed that XX can reach WR1. That is pure talent. Wu also said that he had no idea how to fix XX's game, which he never face teaching Ma Lin, Wang Hao and FZD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
[...]
Wu also said that he had no idea how to fix XX's game, which he never face teaching Ma Lin, Wang Hao and FZD.
Maybe, it's because it took ML, WH and FZD at a young age but for XX, who is now 25, it will be difficult too change his game so much.