Tips for combination of OX short pips with 1.0mm sponge

Anyone have tried combination of pips out OX rubber with a separate sponge?

I have bought and tried out 729 802 OX rubber. I put together with 1.0mm sponge.
First time review: so hard to glue both of them together. Any tips?

Issue:
1) thinner sponge so hard to spread the glue on it. Then, sometimes it get clumped.
2) after glue have been applied on both rubber and sponge, any tips to stick both of them together?

However, after 2 times rubber usage, thinner sponge SP is quite fun to play with. It can flick any heavy bottom ball, and hit any incoming ball with loud sound!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Anyone have tried combination of pips out OX rubber with a separate sponge?

I have bought and tried out 729 802 OX rubber. I put together with 1.0mm sponge.
First time review: so hard to glue both of them together. Any tips?

Issue:
1) thinner sponge so hard to spread the glue on it. Then, sometimes it get clumped.
2) after glue have been applied on both rubber and sponge, any tips to stick both of them together?

However, after 2 times rubber usage, thinner sponge SP is quite fun to play with. It can flick any heavy bottom ball, and hit any incoming ball with loud sound!

i would simply purchase a SP rubber with 1mm sponge 😁
but if you insist, there are glue-sheets available, theses might work for you.

Reactions: urbanzakapa
Thanks for your advice.But the reason I purchased separately because I want to experiment on different thickness sponge. I can use the same topsheet and attach to another thickness like 1.2mm, 1.5mm, 1.8mm, etc.I want to personally feel the different and practice on all of them and find out which one really suit my play style. If using glue sheet, will it be hard to take it out later on and will some sticky glue remains on the sponge/topsheet?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Thanks for your advice.But the reason I purchased separately because I want to experiment on different thickness sponge. I can use the same topsheet and attach to another thickness like 1.2mm, 1.5mm, 1.8mm, etc.I want to personally feel the different and practice on all of them and find out which one really suit my play style. If using glue sheet, will it be hard to take it out later on and will some sticky glue remains on the sponge/topsheet?

i understand.
re glue sheets, they are of course made to go between sponge and wood, not sponge and rubber. If you use the cheap ones from (for example) XVT at aliexpress, you are likely to have a struggle to get them off both, the rubber and the sponge. They have strong glue on both sides.
The expensive European glue-sheets allegedly have strong glue on one side and a weaker glue on the other but i have no experience with those.
maybe better stick to some good glue like revolution 3

i understand.
re glue sheets, they are of course made to go between sponge and wood, not sponge and rubber. If you use the cheap ones from (for example) XVT at aliexpress, you are likely to have a struggle to get them off both, the rubber and the sponge. They have strong glue on both sides.
The expensive European glue-sheets allegedly have strong glue on one side and a weaker glue on the other but i have no experience with those.
maybe better stick to some good glue like revolution 3

thanks. I have not yet have the chance to use Rev 3. Is it good?
Now i'm using Haifu waterbased glue. Just change from LiDU waterbased.

Still looking for the best affordable water based glue. I love the glue that can be easily peeled off from the sponge. Like stiga power attach. But that one is too viscous like toothpaste. I'm looking for liquid-y type.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

thanks. I have not yet have the chance to use Rev 3. Is it good?
Now i'm using Haifu waterbased glue. Just change from LiDU waterbased.

Still looking for the best affordable water based glue. I love the glue that can be easily peeled off from the sponge. Like stiga power attach. But that one is too viscous like toothpaste. I'm looking for liquid-y type.

The thinnest ones of the revolution3 is like milk with a little bit of cream in it 😁
I use the thickest one and thin it down to my liking .
It comes off the sponge without problem but the more layers you use the easier it is to get it off.

The thinnest ones of the revolution3 is like milk with a little bit of cream in it 😁
I use the thickest one and thin it down to my liking .
It comes off the sponge without problem but the more layers you use the easier it is to get it off.

That's great!

How do you thin it down? Just mix with water?
More layer, easier to peel off, however, total setup weight will be heavier.