Jan Ove Waldner vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey Everyone!

Last weekend on the 9th and 10th of August 2014, TopSpinSports had the pleasure to have the worlds greatest players, Jan ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson open their new 24/7 Central London Table Tennis venue, Fusion TTC. As Waldner and Persson were visiting one of the TopSpinSports sponsored clubs (Batts TTC), TableTennisDaily's @Dan managed to get a 1 set match with the greatest table tennis player of all time, Jan Ove Waldner, as he accepted my challenge after an interview we took.

It was a lot of fun, Jan Ove Waldner is an amazing man who is very generous and gives back to the community.

Check it out, Waldner vs Dan here!

Thanks to TopSpinSports in making this trip happen! What an experience to be up and personal with the worlds greatest table tennis player! Waldner was using the Donic Bluefire M2 rubber which you can buy on TopSpinSports website here.

Read the interview we took with Jan Ove Waldner here.

This user has no status.
Nice! :rolleyes: Great oppurtunity to play with player like this. You can see that as Waldner is quite old he hasnt so quick movement but what a sureness in his strokes! And what a serve - It is very difficult to read - you could see Dan couldnt recognise in one serve if it is backspin or topspin and I think its great experience to play with Player who was one of the best in the world, isnt it Dan?
It is great you could try it! :D (y)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Nice! :rolleyes: Great oppurtunity to play with player like this. You can see that as Waldner is quite old he hasnt so quick movement but what a sureness in his strokes! And what a serve - It is very difficult to read - you could see Dan couldnt recognise in one serve if it is backspin or topspin and I think its great experience to play with Player who was one of the best in the world, isnt it Dan?
It is great you could try it! :D (y)

Yeah this is one of the biggest things I took from playing against Waldner. The disguise on the ball is crazy. It just seemed everything came back with interest. His service produced so much spin, either backspin or topspin with minimal effort.

He almost aced me at one point, the serve looks like its going to my backhand but it goes down the line. Amazing experience!

I could die happily after playing a game with Waldner , so jealous of you my friend ! :)

It's official, Dan. I hate you. :mad: :D

Haha sorry guys! I hope you will get to play him one day.

That was awesome, and you could tell he wasn't even trying 100%, but it was nice that he didn't just play at your level. At the first part of the match it was crazy. Seeing his ability against a very good player like yourself was fun to watch.

Yeah the first 5 points I had no chance. It was horrendous haha. He then took it down a gear for me after that. I am glad I could share it with you Rory :)

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I know how it feels to be so lucky, because I have practiced with Schlager for almost 2 hours. When he started to serve I didn't look any better than you, so I know how it feels. + All the time you feel the pressure because you are afraid. But later it feels like dream came true :D