World Table Tennis Championships 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
WMY playing so tentative. What happened to the fearless lion we saw at the China WTTC trials?

Edit: Finally, we see it game 5.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I don't know whether it is visible on TV but Wang Manyu brushes her forehand way too much.

Hi NextLevel long time no see ... : ) Just watching this amazing final. Really happy for WMY! She played fantastic, I would never pick her at the beginning of this great tournament.
​​​​​​

This user has no status.
what a tactic from Chinese Team! We could clearly see Fan has pushed on receive more than usual and allow Truls to open up. Truls's open was not good enough to push pressure on Fan, he mostly return everything back. Anw, Truls really has no fear, he has some kind of Waldner's attitude. I hope he will improve more and more to challege Chinese like Waldner did.
I was on Fan ZhenDong side but Chinese spectators were indeed annoying, they yelled even why players started playing.
Congrat Fan, only Olympic waiting for you, don't be a 2nd Wang Hao!!!

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel and Shine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Sun Yingsha on the cusp of history I think, Winning gold in 3 categories at the world championships 😳, I want the eel to win though 😒😒

Once again who has a live stream or a link for us to watch??
Zeio??? Anybody else?

She did make history. She achieved the grand slam, of silverware 大满亚. WWC, WTTC and Olympics Silver as the Chinese netizens put it.

Assuming CM, SYS and WMY are the new LXX, LSW and DN respectively, WMY being the first to achieve WTTC WS Gold (i.e. DN in 2011) means that CM will do so in 2023 (i.e. LXX in 2013) while SYS will need to wait till 2029 (i.e. LSW in 2019).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Happy for my dear eel 😁😍😍, Congrats to her, Heilongjiang stronk 💪💪💪💪,
Congrats to FZD, He sweats a lot in practise and play but his rate of perspiration was just crazy in that match, too much nerves and pressure. Well deserved.
Large up Truls, he led the 2nd,3rd,4th games but like Ito, inventive in 3rd ball plays but quite error prone, He also needs to improve consistency in rallies, Fan was very nervous here and was very reluctant to attack than normal, Truls should have gotten a game here, Bright future for him hopefully.

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Fan Zhendong wins his first ever World Championship singles Title 🏆🏆🏆

China's Fan Zhendong taking the game to the next level! What a beast of a player 🔥👏

Massive credit to Truls Möregårdh winning a silver medal 🥈What an amazing run, the Swede made this event super exciting and one to remember for many years to come 🇸🇪🏓

FB%20IMG%201638240525934%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Garrison
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

She did make history. She achieved the grand slam, of silverware 大满亚. WWC, WTTC and Olympics Silver as the Chinese netizens put it.

Assuming CM, SYS and WMY are the new LXX, LSW and DN respectively, WMY being the first to achieve WTTC WS Gold (i.e. DN in 2011) means that CM will do so in 2023 (i.e. LXX in 2013) while SYS will need to wait till 2029 (i.e. LSW in 2019).

Dem netizens are nuh nice at all 😕😒, I think Shasha needs to work more on breaking down defences without compromising her own defence too much, WMY and esp CM in the Olympic final worked with a defensive framework the kind ZYL will be proud of but their counters and tricky serves were good enough to attack and win points.

That equivalence seems innocuous, but questionable cos we didn't factor that LXX did not win an Olympic in 2010+1, CM already did.
Also I don't think Shasha has to wait till 2029, but we'll see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Hi NextLevel long time no see ... : ) Just watching this amazing final. Really happy for WMY! She played fantastic, I would never pick her at the beginning of this great tournament.
​​​​​​

She won the China National Games and was the internal favorite if you followed what happened in China before this tournament. I actually made $50 by betting on this knowledge which people who were focused on the Olympics were completely ignorant of.

Thanks TTD and MLFMC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I don't know whether it is visible on TV but Wang Manyu brushes her forehand way too much.

It has always been my opinion too, It's like her Major problem, everytime she falls off a bit, whenever there's a internal training she's always working assiduously on her forehand in the few clips we are allowed to see,And then her brand New forehand after a couple matches is brushing again, She's certainly improved vastly since 2017 but watch the 2017 WTTC marvellous 12, There's the translated version on YouTube i think, I remember ex CNT Coach and now Singapore Coach Wu Jinping telling her in the post match that she brushes too much, that why is her forehand so bad??
When he was speaking to the camera alone, he said something like "she's very young but she's already got the best backhand in the team, And She has to work on her forehand".
It's been over 4 and a half years, but she's still brushing too much on shots she should power through, It costs her delicate points.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Speaking of Singapore ... Tournament in five days ... Almost all the participants of the championship are declared ... But! Ito Mima is gone ... Why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Not so long ago, there used to be ITTV where ITTF would upload the complete recording of the matches. If I'm not mistaken, to access those, it required only registration on the ITTF/ITTV site. I cannot seem to find those. Now there is WTT videos [1], but those are just highlights. Any idea if WTT would upload those full recordings somewhere anytime soon ?Â
[1]Â https://worldtabletennis.com/headervideo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021

She won the China National Games and was the internal favorite if you followed what happened in China before this tournament. I actually made $50 by betting on this knowledge which people who were focused on the Olympics were completely ignorant of.

Thanks TTD and MLFMC.

Nice. I'm curious who the bookies' favourite was for the women's singles, can you remember? Because WMY has looked unstoppable the last few months.
(https://betzillion.com/tips/2021-world-table-tennis-championships-betting-preview/ btw I did briefly now try to look this up myself but only found this, giving the "hot tip" to put your money on Ma Long or Xu Xin :D )