Tenergy 05 on allwood blade

This user has no status.
Hello guys. Im so so so SO sorry for posting so many posts about my setup and what suits my style. I found that Tenergy 05 would suit me best on both sides. But. I have one problem. I haven’t found any info if the rubber suits on an all wood blade. My blade that I have been using for 2 years is Xiom offensive s. It has little flex but I’ve heard that Tenergy is quite hard but elastic. Also sorry for the long text 😂.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
T05 does what it does and it does it well. Your Offensive S is an excellent blade as well and neither blade nor rubbers are picky in what they will work with.

Equipment does what it does. It is up to you, the player, to make it sing-or weep.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Forget double T05 on allwood.

T05 Hard and D05 on Lin Yun-Ju Super ZLC. Can't go wrong. LYJ beat ML with that.

This user has no status.
Forget double T05 on allwood.

T05 Hard and D05 on Lin Yun-Ju Super ZLC. Can't go wrong. LYJ beat ML with that.

Can you buy me that 😂. I’m not rich. I have 270€ now in savings and 175€ is my budget. So double Tenergy 05 AMD Xiom Offensive S would be just under my budget. (~172€)

Reactions: MK73 and Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Can you buy me that 😂. I’m not rich. I have 270€ now in savings and 175€ is my budget. So double Tenergy 05 AMD Xiom Offensive S would be just under my budget. (~172€)

Your priorities are wrong. There are plenty of cheaper rubbers that will do just as well. I like Rakza 7. Invest the rest of your money in something that will grow or something you can learn from.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It's a perfectly usable setup.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Do you already have the Offensive S? If you do, you should only need to buy the rubbers and glue them on.

What made you decide that T05 is right for you on both sides? Have you used it before? How about the Offensive S, is that what you have currently?

How long have you played? What is your assessment of your level? If someone pushed heavy backspin at you, how would you return that with your BH? and with your FH?

Do you have any footage of you playing?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry for bombarding you with questions. But something in what you wrote made me think, perhaps, that you have decided on the equipment you want to use, or that is "right" for you, or something.....based on words and reviews and content on the internet. Hopefully that is not the case.
=
The best way to tell what equipment will be good for you is to try a lot of different things. And, I have to be honest, I could name, right now, somewhere between 30-50 blades that would be acceptable for me to use and about the same number of different rubbers that would be acceptable as well. There are setups (blade and rubbers) that cost under $50.00 (USD) total, that I could use without a significant loss in level from Chinese manufacturers. There are setups that are very expensive that I could use that would not lower my level but would also not cause my level to go higher. A skilled player can play with a lot of different equipment, get used to it, and perform quite well.
=
However, for a developing player, equipment that is suitable for helping the player develop technique and improve would be well worth having. And you can't sort out what that would be based on online reviews of TT equipment.
=
Offensive S is an excellent blade and likely, right in a good range for many players including you.
=
Tenergy rubbers are amazing. I am not sure there is much on the market that is really "better" than Tenergy. But Tenergy is not an easy rubber to use if you do not already have fairly high level technique; this is the case even if it is on a very controllable blade like the Offensive S.

So, if you have determined, by intelligent methods, that T05 is the right rubber for you for both FH and BH, and this is truly an accurate assessment, it would likely mean that you are quite a high level player and probably would not need equipment recommendations. :)

Of course, I could be wrong. But it is worth trying before you buy whenever possible. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hello all. I have played with Tenergy 05 before but on a horrible blade. Worst decision ever. The rubbers were amazing! I’m now playing with Aurus prime max on both sides. What got me thinking about Tenergy 05 is the explosiveness, spin and the shots that you can make are AMAZING!!!

UpsideDownCarl I have played for 5 years and my control is amazing. Or that’s what my coach said. And I do have the blade but in flare which doesn’t feel right in my hand and I don’t want to use grip tape cuz it ruins the feeling. So that’s why I’m buying a new set up BUT REMEMBER not now only at the end of summer. Thank you so much for these answers, they really helped me!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Do you already have the Offensive S? If you do, you should only need to buy the rubbers and glue them on.

What made you decide that T05 is right for you on both sides? Have you used it before? How about the Offensive S, is that what you have currently?

How long have you played? What is your assessment of your level? If someone pushed heavy backspin at you, how would you return that with your BH? and with your FH?

Do you have any footage of you playing?

That’s a lot of questions 😄. Well I answered most of your questions but the pushes. If it’s short “lift” it over the net.
If it’s long, use my whole body rotation to get it over the net. ( spin movement)

I would repeat what Carl has already said.

What I'd like to add is what you should expect from T05 on Xiom Off S, eventually.

This blade is not with "little" flex, it has mid flex, standard for most of the 5 ply allwood blades. It has soft feeling, due to which, may be, you don't feel much vibrations and think it has little flex. But the flex is there.
T05 is not quite hard. It's mid hard, generally the same hardness as your current Aurus Prime rubbers.
Aside from the other performance differences between them, like speed, spin, trampoline, etc., T05 has a higher arc with top spin and lower arc with under spin, and the more flexy the blade is, the more it is visible. You may expect T05 to be more sensitive to the incoming spin, which, even with a very controllable blade like Xiom Off S may be a challenge.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay. So, based on your posts, you have been playing long enough and have a reason to get a new Offensive S with a straight handle. And probably T05 is fine.

How strong is your BH? You might consider the softer T05fx if your BH is not more powerful than your FH. If you have a strong BH, then it is possible T05 is fine.

In the end, if you are playing 5 years and your first thought would be to loop long backspin, then Offensive S with T05 on both sides could be in the range of equipment that is suitable enough for you.

If you play in a club, I would get people to let you take a few hits with their setups whenever you can so you can test and feel as much equipment as possible. This helps you know better, the variety of things that work well for you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Too soft for me. Have played before.
Have you tried it on BH?

ZJK used T05fx for a period in 2012-2013 on his BH. If it was not too soft for him on BH, not sure why it would be too soft for ANYONE on this forum. I could easily use T05fx on either FH or BH and make it sing.

Much more of the skill of TT is in the hand of the person playing. The equipment is just a tool to use. Yoass said this at the top very succinctly.

Another way of thinking of this is: softer rubbers give you a much bigger window for what you can do with them. They make it easier to control the ball on offensive shots but they top out at a slightly slower speed. Harder rubbers make it so you have to have more precise contact and technique. But, if you can apply the power and depth of contact, you end up with a higher top end output. They just limit what else you can do that is not at the top of the top end output, so there is a smaller window for what kinds of things you can do with them.

With a small, short stroke like a BH stroke, it is much easier to do a lot more with a slightly softer rubber because, with such a small stroke and with the limited amount of body you can put behind a BH stroke, it is harder to get the kind of bang impact on contact with a BH that you can get with an FH stroke.

That being said, there are some who would say T05 is too hard and some who would say it is too soft. What different people get used to is how they judge things like that. A player with good fundamentals could adjust to using either T05 or T05fx on either wing and use them skillfully and to their full potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manto76 and langel