Martial Arts & TT

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
For sure, all sports in which the same motion is repeated endlessly can eventually cause physical problems. For me so far so good. In road cycling the fit to every aspect of the bike is crucial. And of course there are cars. Terrifying large metal objects not seeing me at high speeds. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and langel
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Well what definitely can be said is that in Wing Tsun as well as in tabletennis one practices trained reflexes to be used in serious situations!
[Emoji6]

The question is, how do I hide my serve in Wing Tsun?

This user has no status.
No idea if someone has already posted that:
Long time ago I tried different styles of fighting (call it martial arts or whatever) for a couple of years. What I found extremely helpful for table tennis was my improved body perception. Somehow strokes felt better and actually they became better during that time. Ball contact felt so much better and controlled, no idea how to describe that. I have completely lost that feeling again after I stopped this kind of sports. However, kind of the same results can be achieved with weight training in general I think. When I go to the gym regularly my own body perception feels much better as well, you are much more aware of muscles and parts of your body and you actually are able to "feel" them much more. Therefore I find that again ball contact and feel for the ball in general improve.
I notice that especially with my smash. During gym periods my smashes are absolute killers, even on flat and difficulty balls or against topsins, I don't do a counter loop but just smash them near the table. The feeling during the smash is fantastic and I know with ball contact whether it will be a great smash or whether it fails. Without that enhanced body perception my smash-winners-ratio decreases significantly and they feel a bit uncontrolled much more often.

So much text, no idea if that is understandable at all :D
Interested in hearing if someone else experiences the same effects.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I have experienced similar things, but I did not have this enhanced feeling you are talking about , for me it was very clear that I was moving quicker and my core was stronger and providing more stability and quicker recovery ...
Long time ago I tried different styles of fighting (call it martial arts or whatever) for a couple of years. What I found extremely helpful for table tennis was my improved body perception. Somehow strokes felt better and actually they became better during that time. Ball contact felt so much better and controlled, no idea how to describe that. I have completely lost that feeling again after I stopped this kind of sports. However, kind of the same results can be achieved with weight training in general I think. When I go to the gym regularly my own body perception feels much better as well, you are much more aware of muscles and parts of your body and you actually are able to "feel" them much more. Therefore I find that again ball contact and feel for the ball in general improve.
I notice that especially with my smash. During gym periods my smashes are absolute killers, even on flat and difficulty balls or against topsins, I don't do a counter loop but just smash them near the table. The feeling during the smash is fantastic and I know with ball contact whether it will be a great smash or whether it fails. Without that enhanced body perception my smash-winners-ratio decreases significantly and they feel a bit uncontrolled much more often.

This user has no status.
Thank you, very good implementation.

Well, I think you can find some common to TT concepts even in Wushu and Ti Chi.
I wathched a match of one the top choppers /forgot his name, I'm really afraid of choppers/, who moves like in an old monkey style Kung Fu movie, amazing player.

What I find as crossover points between MA and TT:
- great concentration and fast reaction
- reading the oponent's behaviour, tactics and strategy, his body language
- footwork - fast and dynamic near the ground, stable anchorage
- swings - from the feet all through the body to the weapon
- hits - You have to hit. In both defence and attack have some very similar structure concept and moves.
- breathe technique - I find breathe technique very important in TT and it has the exactly same concept as in MA.
- weapon - know how and why to choose a perticular kind, know what is capable to do and what is not, get the best synergy with it and use it the best way.

May be others....
I am sure you refer to Matsushita Koji. [emoji6]

I prefer swan rather than monkey though.

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: langel and doraemon
I am sure you refer to Matsushita Koji. [emoji6]

I prefer swan rather than monkey though.

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Matsushita Koji is amazing, and yes - speaking of him he may be a "swan".
So we can say dancing may help TT too.

But the guy I have in mind is another chopper - shorter and a little darker, and much more sharper in play.
Sometimes rollovers on the floor to catch a ball near the ground.

Reactions: BeGo

Thank you Xylit.
I can confirm everything you've metioned refers to me too.
Keeping muscles well tuned and in good shape always helps, especially offence.
And MA are making muscles not only strong, but /what is much important/ way faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Any sport will help you develop certain skills that will help you in other sports but technically there is not much in common for TT and MA

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>If you are interesting in martial arts then HyperOutdoor is good side for you. If you want to be a professional martial arts then HyperOutdoor provides you the bridge for that. HyperOutdoor is the best side for learning the martial arts.

What is hyperoutdoor?

Yogi, you have start seeing if you can figure out context before you respond to stuff like that. Read it. Read it again. Then look at the date of the most recent post in this thread before the HyperOutdoor guy's post. Right....notice it is two years ago.

So, who wakes up long dead threads with their first post which seems to make no sense? Think about it. You once again responded to a robot as though it was a human. Pay attention. You can figure this stuff out.

I have money on it that if AngusMcIntyre had enough posts to post links, or could figure out how to get around the limit on links, that word "HyperOutdoor" would be a link.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, that is eerie. Are the 'robots' really that good? .......No need to answer of course but I also was taken in. I did think that the post was strange. However,I never thought that it was not a real person.

And there was not even a link.

Self driving cars, Alexa, those new TT robots that can read the spin on the ball.....advances in AI over the past decade are amazing.

The spambots are also getting better and better. But if you are paying attention, or think, how does this have to do with the actual content of the thread, you often can tell, because they often get the subject mixed up.

And Yogi, the Hyp_rOutdo_r WAS a link. [I decided I should not add more of that word because it will still come up in searches.] It just did not get posted as a link because the bot did not have enough posts and this bot did not override the 5 post ban on links. Some do. But the code showed the bot intended it to be a link. And that should have been your first clue. Just that word "Hyp_rOutdo_r."

The fact that you were asking, "What [the hell] is Hyp_rOutdo_r", should have caused you to look at the date of the most recent post before it. Once you saw it was a thread that had been dead for two years you should have had enough of a clue. You respond to those robots with a regularity that really should not be the case for such a senior member like you.

Part of why these spambots wake up dead threads is they are crawling the site indiscriminately so they land on anything and regurgitate content loosely based on what has previously been stated in the thread. This bot picked up on martial arts.

Aside from "Hyp_rOutdo_r" the other clue should have been that the bot was providing text about becoming a "professional" martial artist. Now really, how does that fit into anything about this thread or forum. Think about it.

Yogi, I know you can figure this stuff out. Sometimes I just think you may read a little too quickly and have not fully thought about what you have read. So I am asking to try and spot these spambots rather than responding to them. And then report them. Then we can get them cleaned quicker. If you are able to do this, it will be really helpful to the site.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess I should also add to my list above, at an AI show in 2018, for the first time, almost 50% of people were fooled by the bot answering questions. They had 4 or 5 people asking a bot and a human questions. They both answered and almost half the people reading the responses got fooled by the bots.

It also is worth knowing, on a lot of on line sites where you are given the opportunity to "chat" to find out questions about a company or get customer service or tech support, the entity giving that "chat" support on line is a bot.

So I am not sure why the bots on TTDaily don't answer when people here respond to them. But they don't seem to reply. Which was also why I gave a few days before I cleaned the site of the this most recent bot. I wanted to see if it would answer. It will be much harder to tell when the spambots answer questions and seem to be able to stay on subject.

Last edited: