This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
These are juvenile faults when compared to serial offenders like Fegerl, Lebesson and Yoshimura.
Maybe but not always. And the rule that enables those offenders is the one being violated. The Samsonov pendulum shows you can change your orientation if you really want to. But if people do not want to serve beside or in front of their bodies, you can't eliminate hidden serves.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Maybe but not always. And the rule that enables those offenders is the one being violated. The Samsonov pendulum shows you can change your orientation if you really want to. But if people do not want to serve beside or in front of their bodies, you can't eliminate hidden serves.
How much does the body rotation contribute to the quality of the serves for somebody like Mima? 0%? 50? In between? I have no idea, but I think it contributes something significant, at the margins they are dealing with.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Since my posts are never clear, let me qualify in advance. How much spin does body rotation contribute? Not quality by virtue of hiding, quality in the ball produced independent of any receiver.

This user has no status.
Anybody else think it's refreshing to see Ma Long playing a more tactful, less physical game this tournament? Only watching highlights but it seems he's really being surgically precise with his placement and not really trying to hit the ball through his opponent and the wall behind them.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How much does the body rotation contribute to the quality of the serves for somebody like Mima? 0%? 50? In between? I have no idea, but I think it contributes something significant, at the margins they are dealing with.
Body rotation or hiding the serve? Body rotation is a huge part of getting spin on anything. One of the reasons the tomahawk and punch serves are so heavy is that they usually involve significant body rotation.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Body rotation or hiding the serve? Body rotation is a huge part of getting spin on anything. One of the reasons the tomahawk and punch serves are so heavy is that they usually involve significant body rotation.
That's why people don't want to serve to the side or in front unless forced.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That's why people don't want to serve to the side or in front unless forced.
Not quite. You can reorient your body you make contact in a way that makes the toss in front of your body or besides your body but has you rotating into the ball. It is just harder to do for a pendulum serve unless you are doing something like Samsonov and people don't want to do it.

Most serve technique was designed in a hidden ball era. Letting it go hasn't been fully embraced.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Makes sense. Exhaust all possibilities. Explore all your options. You never know.

There you go.

hdzDwTA.jpg

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Taiwanese Coach: "打不赢暂停还是要叫一下“ (Even though we can't win, but we still have to call time-out)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he's so funny.

I like a coach like that. He is just trying to relieve his players of useless pressure. That said he must not have heard that doubting your powers puts your powers in doubt.

Reactions: slym
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
CM always seems to shut down WMY more easily than she does the other Chinese women. WMY doesn't even do well at mid-distance rallies against CM. Asian Games 2018 vendetta?

Also, CM's shots are as spinny as the male players. Creepy.