Sweden still kings?

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
That first point! Wow!

Thanks for sharing, Sweden are sure a force to be reckoned with!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I think that Sweden are not good nowadays.They were the best of the world with great player like Waldner and Persson but now the best ranked player is par gerell at number 50.Kristian karlsson is a good player for his age but they are too weak in general.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Nice video

Sadly, the highest ranked Swedish player at the moment is 46 in the world, and he is the only one in the world top 50, and only three in top 100 (in July 2014). It would be better for the sport if Sweden came back. I am a big fan of Swedish table tennis (I saw Johansson play in his prime when I was a little kid). But at the moment, they look weak compared to say, Portugal, to say nothing of Germany. So they are the kings of Scandinavia. Some of the Swedish players look like they need to be more fit to really compete at the highest level.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Sadly, the highest ranked Swedish player at the moment is 46 in the world, and he is the only one in the world top 50, and only three in top 100 (in July 2014). It would be better for the sport if Sweden came back. I am a big fan of Swedish table tennis (I saw Johansson play in his prime when I was a little kid). But at the moment, they look weak compared to say, Portugal, to say nothing of Germany. So they are the kings of Scandinavia. Some of the Swedish players look like they need to be more fit to really compete at the highest level.

Well said. Its true everything you say! Sweden have a good junior/cadet team now with some of the best under 15 players in the world! :)

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I learend to play in Sweden

Well said. Its true everything you say! Sweden have a good junior/cadet team now with some of the best under 15 players in the world! :)

I first learned to play in Sweden, so each time a new Swedish player comes along I keep hoping this will be the next world champion. Hope it happens soon, but maybe Swedish kids are playing other sports instead or maybe there are not as many coaches as there used to be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
they are good but they will never be able to catch up to the chinese until they invest more time and effort into their training.

Catch up with China I don't think any country will be able to do in a very long time. However Sweden currently got some really talented young players that maybe will bring back Sweden to the top in the future.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
i think sweden has a great future. kristian karlsson will soon be around top 30 in the world maybe higher. i also saw some video and on stigas facebook that sweden has this young player, trols moreghaard. he won eruo minichamps this year for 2nd time, not many has done that. i beleive in sweden for teh future but to catch up with china will be difficult.
great video by the way :cool: