Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
Hi Chen

I'd like to try a Chinese booster but I am a little worried about the health issues.

I have just watched the latest EMRTHICH Youtube video on the subject and he warns about the dangerous chemicals in them, even if they are VOC. What is your opinion?

I haven't watched his video yet. Can you let me know what kind of booster he is talking about in his video. For example, which brand or which model? Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I believe it was boosters in general. Let's face it, they are all pretty much the same with dubious chemicals in them. He also talks about speed glue which is seriously bad for your health 100 per cent.

By the way, I did try a factory tuned neo Hurricane 3 rubber last year and after playing with it noticed a bad sore throat - would that be exactly the same stuff as a booster bottle? It smelt of dead fish!

I look forward to your views when you get some time to watch the video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hello there. Please share your opinion.I'm new in using chinese rubber. Im used to use t05 and now switching to h3 neo 39' provincial orange sponge. Can you give me some tips for using it?. Do you think its too soft? Should i use booster? Which booster and how to apply it? I just bought 1 39' provincial blue sponge should i switch it? Im currently using tb zlc and wanna try freitas in order to improve the h3. What do you think? Thanks before for your help!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hello there. Please share your opinion.I'm new in using chinese rubber. Im used to use t05 and now switching to h3 neo 39' provincial orange sponge. Can you give me some tips for using it?. Do you think its too soft? Should i use booster? Which booster and how to apply it? I just bought 1 39' provincial blue sponge should i switch it? Im currently using tb zlc and wanna try freitas in order to improve the h3. What do you think? Thanks before for your help!

Here's a golden rule:
Only change one thing at a time. Never both.

How would you be able to compare rubbers with no constant and only variables. Hard to tell what makes the difference then.
So just glue up the new rubber to your old blade and see how it feels.

The tenergy sponge is considered to be around 36° degree in chinese sponge scale, so a 39° chinese sponge shouldn't be too soft to start with at all.

One more thing though: most people i know who tried playing with chinese rubbers don't start out with a provincial version but rather the regular commercial version, but since you have bought it already no problem.
At least you didn't order the national version to start with.

Maybe also keep in mind that Hurricane isn't as springy as tenergy is, so it's you who has to work more and can't let the rubber do all the work for you, meaning you have to use your body (legs, hips, shoulder) more to produce vicious and deadly shots.
But this is actually a good thing and i can only recommend to switch.
My playing level has jumped since i've switched, 'cause these rubbers are demanding a bit more than you might be used to.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I believe it was boosters in general. Let's face it, they are all pretty much the same with dubious chemicals in them. He also talks about speed glue which is seriously bad for your health 100 per cent.

By the way, I did try a factory tuned neo Hurricane 3 rubber last year and after playing with it noticed a bad sore throat - would that be exactly the same stuff as a booster bottle? It smelt of dead fish!

Sore throat? :cool: Oh man, you are walking on the moon in health issues! Sorry, I don't want to offend you, just it's super-super-super sure that the chemicals evaporating from boosters can't cause sore throat!
Litres of warm tee is the best solution to sore throat. Be better!

Reactions: bobpuls
Oct 2015

I would say if you do worry about the chemical stuff, then don't use the rubber.

Oct 2015
Thanks for your response! One more thing. Do you think i should boost that h3 neo rubber?

Hurricane 3 neo are meant to be boosted. You can choose the lowest degree on the market, if you are not willing to do it though.

Reactions: fais
I am happy to help you here if you have any questions about Chinese player's equipment. I will try my best and we can share knowledge together. :)

Hi ChenChen, can you tell me what's the best way to clean & store H3 rubber after playing?
is it allowed to be washed using cleaner (both foam/liquid)? what about the plasic sheet, is adhesive one allowed?

thanks

Oct 2015
Have you Knowledge about DHS Hurricane 8?

Hurricane 8 is designed for the new plastic balls, which has the same characteristic as hurricane 3. But the top sheet is slightly harder, which increases the speed and power. Meanwhile the pimples are smaller, which gets more control and has more dwell time. Sponge is softer and more flexible than hurricane 3. At the moment, it only has commercial version with orange sponge selling on the market. I got some hurricane 8 blue sponge national (test version), was having fun. Hope this helps.

Oct 2015
Hi ChenChen, can you tell me what's the best way to clean & store H3 rubber after playing?
is it allowed to be washed using cleaner (both foam/liquid)? what about the plasic sheet, is adhesive one allowed?

thanks

It is fine with cleaner and rubber protector. I use nittaku clean awah or butterfly spin refresh afterword. Then put butterfly rubber film (non tacky one is fine) on it.

Oct 2015
Is DHS code verification of any hurricane national blue sponge is the ultimate indication of authenticity of the product itself?

It is important, not the only one though, the serial number on back of the sponge is the other one. It is not that difficult to tell whether the rubber is fake or not in some ways. So far I have seen two different types of font (serial number). Also If you have good source you can trust, which helps as well.

Reactions: Suga D