Golden Hurricane Long 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
IMG%200012%20jpeg.jpeg

I wonder if the quality and performance will match W968?

Last edited:
says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
How much is this? must be really expensive i guess. Even the w968 national ver costs wooping $826 currently on table tennis eleven.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
I don't entirely regret paying $162 for my blade, but off of ebay a bit lower than other places I can assume it is fake, however I read that the fakes are produced in the same factory, and are just as good, so if there isn't any difference, what does it matter?

That golden version looks identical to mine, so can't imagine what could possibly justify a price like that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

This isn't talking about a new blade. This is just talking about how Ma Long won the Olympics with Hurricane Long 5 (yes, I know Ma Long uses W968, but this is what the advertisement is saying). I think this is advertising the new photo at the bottom of the blade. DHS switched it from Ma Long winning gold in Rio to winning gold in Tokyo.

Nope, you're wrong here, the ad is for a "new blade".

Translation of the text:
Since 2014, Hurricane Long series blades has accompanied Ma Long on his journey to become gold medalists.
On August 2021, Ma Long stood on the highest podium again, and won his second grand slam ---- this incredible feat among male table tennis players is hailed as "golden grand slam".
We now use this as our inspiration to create this new blade "Golden Grand Slam Hurricane Long 5".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

My mistake! I didn't see that last bit.

Wonder what will be special about this blade.

Well, I bet it's just some new text and pictures on the box, and some extra printing on the blade surface, which you'll never see if you put rubbers on the blade... oh and of course a higher price than the current Long 5/5X.

• Haha
Reactions: sampletext
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021

Nope, you're wrong here, the ad is for a "new blade".

Translation of the text:
Since 2014, Hurricane Long series blades has accompanied Ma Long on his journey to become gold medalists.
On August 2021, Ma Long stood on the highest podium again, and won his second grand slam ---- this incredible feat among male table tennis players is hailed as "golden grand slam".
We now use this as our inspiration to create this new blade "Golden Grand Slam Hurricane Long 5".

we now use this as our inspiration to create this new blade "Golden Grand Slam Hurricane Long 5"

Inspiration equals sales opportunity perhaps 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

we now use this as our inspiration to create this new blade "Golden Grand Slam Hurricane Long 5"

Inspiration equals sales opportunity perhaps 🤣

Given its price tag of $400USD, it's not too bad for a golden version. Golden Viscaris is hiking up to $800USD now.

Testers in China say the Golden HL5 is less muted than W968, faster with low impact and easier to play with.

This user has no status.
Not interested neither unless I have too much money to buy it for collection.

Well, i was collecting although not that much yet like many here, but i am thinking about settling on something, i don't need to have like 20-50 rackets only that i can collect, but if i didn't buy more i might never reach to my favorite blade, i bought that Long 5X back in 2020 after i had enough blades tested and was happy with one, now with DHS blades i have i am still thinking about getting more from DHS, but not at those prices tag, so for now i am not interested in because of the price 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Well, i was collecting although not that much yet like many here, but i am thinking about settling on something, i don't need to have like 20-50 rackets only that i can collect, but if i didn't buy more i might never reach to my favorite blade, i bought that Long 5X back in 2020 after i had enough blades tested and was happy with one, now with DHS blades i have i am still thinking about getting more from DHS, but not at those prices tag, so for now i am not interested in because of the price 😂

Wait for second hand. I got my letter W968 as second hand. Half the price and the feeling is good because it is the old batch.

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.

Wait for second hand. I got my letter W968 as second hand. Half the price and the feeling is good because it is the old batch.

Or maybe not, i didn't and will never give up my Long 5X yet, also my Hao 3 isn't any less, i use the Hao 3 for practice and 5X for games, so this way i can protect both rackets or not exhaust each for everything, and also i can have good experience with two different rackets in speed and control.

I was thinking about buying commercial Long 5, but someone had it and i tested it once, it was really nice, but it didn't match my 5X in my hand, so i felt like it could be like a downgrade for me, i still can use it, but why if i will prefer 5X more, and so i also thought that W968 could be the same and won't be any superior to 5X, i hope i am wrong.