Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
win_mima.jpg

Ito: So the chances of becoming WR#2, the highest ever for a Japanese woman in the past 10 years, are still on the table. Gomenasai senpais Ishikawa (#3) and Fukuhara (#4). I'm the dai maou after all ~

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
My opinion is that ITTF can make a palliative decision ....Points for Qatar Open will add to the April rating, but the deduction of points for March 2019 may not be done ....
In this case, S.Y.S. Remains nr.2 ...:mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
My opinion is that ITTF can make a palliative decision ....Points for Qatar Open will add to the April rating, but the deduction of points for March 2019 may not be done ....
In this case, S.Y.S. Remains nr.2 ...:mad:

There is no simple formula to determine anything right now. Really wonder what approach ITTF will have especially seeding, rankings come Tokyo 2021 now

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
ITTF promises to publish the April rating no later than two weeks ..... It will be interesting to see ....

Don't see the point lol
Everything is a write off atm

Do you know it any teams are in training? Or all/most in complete isolation which includes team training?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Don't see the point lol
Everything is a write off atm

Do you know it any teams are in training? Or all/most in complete isolation which includes team training?

The CNT is still training in Macau. LGL is probably trying to figure out the next move. I think they’ll have to back to China in a month. There’s no tournament in sight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
FZD will takeover the #1 spot. CM will keep her top position. Mima will be the #2, the highest ranking ever for a Japanese player.

They could completely freeze it. No real formula that can be used to figure out anything, you said it, no tournaments in sight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
1f70ee3981e3473280ddb51d2e29871a.jpg

Exhibition match between Zhang Jike and Hou Yingchao coming up on 18 April. As far as I know, it's not gonna be adopting the usual 11-point format (could be wrong though). Seems interesting.

I have no access to zhibo.tv (looks at zeio).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018

FZD vs a college student who got into national college table tennis championship finals. This was more than three years ago in January 2017 when FZD visited his parents hometown in Hunan.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
View attachment 21140

Exhibition match between Zhang Jike and Hou Yingchao coming up on 18 April. As far as I know, it's not gonna be adopting the usual 11-point format (could be wrong though). Seems interesting.

I have no access to zhibo.tv (looks at zeio).

Not a bad idea. Actually LGL should come up with similar ideas to get the ping pong sprit going in a difficult time. How about hosting various inter team tournaments with no spectators but live online?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
CNT is still training hard in Macau. They just conducted a special tournament and team LJK/WMY came out on top. It was a round robin team event. Each team consists of a mixed pair and players pick their partners themselves. Two teams play against each other (2 singles + 1XD + 2 singles) and the team win 21 points first win the match. Each individual match only plays 8 points. WCQ/SYS got the second and FZD/CM the third. A total of eight teams participated but ML, XX, and LSW were MIA. LGY/ZYL only got seventh position.
Interestingly in the coming April rankings, both FZD and CM are #1 with the exact same points:17915.

58EE210F-A78C-40A3-BB12-58207D046C6C.jpgEFEFC340-67FB-4DF6-BB17-9706FAA87C24.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
CNT is still training hard in Macau. They just conducted a special tournament and team LJK/WMY came out on top. It was a round robin team event. Each team consists of a mixed pair and players pick their partners themselves. Two teams play against each other (2 singles + 1XD + 2 singles) and the team win 21 points first win the match. Each individual match only plays 8 points. WCQ/SYS got the second and FZD/CM the third. A total of eight teams participated but ML, XX, and LSW were MIA. LGY/ZYL only got seventh position.
Interestingly in the coming April rankings, both FZD and CM are #1 with the exact same points:17915.

View attachment 21181View attachment 21182

I really hope they can return home and see their families, must be insane to just be training non stop with no family for months and months and months

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Does anyone know if updates on new rankings been released? Suppose to be 15-April update given

The ITTF Executive Committee report for the April 15, 2020 meeting that happened a while ago was just released. https://www.ittf.com/2020/04/15/ittf-executive-committee-april-meeting-covid-19/

As per the report, April 2020 World Rankings will be released by the end of the week, so it should be released very soon.

"Due to the current suspension of ITTF events in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Rankings for April 2020 will be released by the end of this week, then frozen until activities resume."

Aside from this, there haven't been any new updates aside from the fact that they're planning of having the rest of the Olympic Qualification events in 2021. The ITTF Executive Committee will have another meeting on May 1, 2020.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
What's the big fuss over WR though? There's only one Gold medal so only the player who is most on-form during the Olympics would take it. She would simply have to take down whoever she is matched with.

It would be an extremely honourable win for Ito if she is able to defeat two Chinese women in a row rather than hope that one gets eliminated by the other en route to the finals. The same goes for the Chinese women, wherein the gold medal is really only worth something if they manage to take out their greatest competitors themselves.