Table tennis in the water, snow and sand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi Table Tennis Fans!

The professional saison in the table tennis has a pause, but some table tennis players want to play table tennis in summer as well. As we have very high temperature at his time it is a best way to play pingpong in the water. See how table tennis players and others relax in the water.

Now there is a video from Hungary. We are in Siófok, in the "capital" of the Balaton. Balaton is the biggest lake in Hungary. We have many table tennis players in Hungary. They want to play table tennis in summer as well. See how the 10-years young table tennis player plays SplitT-Pong in the water with her mother.

And now some rallies from the final match between 2 table tennis players at the national championships of "Swim-Pong" on the small table.

And an interesting rally from the training on the big SplitT-Pong table in the Balaton. It is also in Hungary.

Reactions: TTHopeful and BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the rackets they are using are a waterproof version of this:

http://odditymall.com/double-sided-ping-pong-paddle-glove

Someone actually designed this thinking (hoping) it could replace a real racket. Hahaha. I hit with one once. Not much to say about that because I don't want to sound too negative.....hahaha.....but it really sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokain
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The control is even better without handle:) You make the shot with your palm. 100% of control. This is a hobby version of the table tennis of course. The goals were to give the possibility to play everywhere. Make the play slower. Practically it is impossible to make topspin. SplitT-Pong is a pingpong without the spin. The characteristics of the SplitT-Pong are more tennis as table tennis. Another important goal was in the concept, to provide portability of the table. You can transport the 100 cm X 60 cm elements in the care without any problem. We take our SplitT-Pong table always to our holiday.

This user has no status.
Reactions: ttwombat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
As I promised here is the video on sand with the large professional table

And you can see how the Hungarian National Table Tennis team members enjoy SplitT-Pong on the small table. Do you want to try to play SplitT-Pong with the edge of the bat? Come to Hungary and try it!

You can play SplitT-Pong in the winter as well! And outdoor!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Congratulations! This is really István Jónyer. And you are rigth concerning the Hinoki wood as well.:) He tried SplitT-Pong in the TV transmission. He prefers to play SplitT-Pong in the water on the small table.:) But we had here a very deep water. Therefore we used our "profi table" on the ground to play SplitT-Pong.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There have been some great Hungarian players. There is also a hand made blade company in Hungary: OSP. In my opinion, they make some of the best blades available.

When I was in the circus in 1996-1998 the acrobats who were the most fun to hang out with were always the Hungarian troupes. The Hungarian women were also the hottest.

Two of my friends on the show told me they were teaching me how to speak Hungarian. They were teaching me curse words but they said they were other things like: "you look very nice today," or other such phrases. They kept having me practice to the Hungarian women acrobats and they kept giggling like I said something funny and wrong. But then they would say, "you did very well" and giggle some more. So I figured it out. I thought I was saying "have a nice day" and I was saying things like: "I like your boobs!" Hahaha.

They were all good guys and knew how to have fun.

And they were all great acrobats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Am I the only ****er who would turn up in one of these and use Hawaiian Tropic http://i.imgur.com/UdpLy25.jpg to boost the paddles then come on a forum and start an argument if factor 4 is better than factor 15 sun tan oil for tuning the surface, while 3 pages later some **** joins in and explains how he used old 10w40 engine oil for free from the car morgues, and crushes all our dreams. Of course 1 year later after the sport develops you start to see fake tables and paddles on Ebay from China.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl