ML ZJK LGL small video after RIO . subs needed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
About the SF of ZJK vs Vladimir Samsonov:
ZJK: It is beyond my imagination. It is beyond everyone's imagination. Before the match, many people may think that ZJK cannot play like this.
LGL: People were worried about his performance. But when submitting the entry list, there was a voice in my heart telling me to choose ZJK. I think this is a power from inside. At the key moment, you will feel this way: I am fearless because I have ZJK.
About the final of ZJK vs ML:
ZJK: When I think back, I should have called a timeout at 12:11 in the first set. I was leading 11:10 and 12:11. I am a little regretful not calling a timeout. I wanted to fight, but without a chance. To be honest, I cannot remember the full match except for the first set. I cannot remember the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th set. I was overwhelmed. There was no room for me to fight back. Like this, I could not find any opportunity either in his strength or in his weakness. His weakness became his strength; his strength became even stronger.
ML: I am really proud to be on par with ZJK in this era. We are rivals on the court and we are brothers off the court.
ZJK: It is a pity that I lost the final. But it is all worthy since I played to such a level.
LGL: No way that he can keep calm (after the final). The final was for all his efforts during the past 4 years and the dream of getting two rounds of Grand Slam. To recover in such a short period of time, he has to have a big heart. He sent me a message saying that, “Coach Liu, please be worry free. I will try all my best for the team events. All that you worried about me will not happen. I can assure you that I will do better than what Wang Hao did in last Olympic Games.” When I saw this message, I was very touched and applauded and cheered for ZJK.
About the SF of team events, ZJK vs Jeoung Youngsik:
ZJK: The first 4 sets made me hard to breathe; I was pushed all the time. In the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] set, I was debating whether to use a technique, a very aggressive one. I did not use it after hesitation. In the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] set, I thought I must use it. 2:1 in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] set was the most memorable shot, which made me so comfortable.
ML: It showed me the formidable side of ZJK on the court. It made me feel that only ZJK in the world can play like this.
About the team event:
LGL: I told them, “This is the first Olympic Games you three played together, and this may be the last one. I hope you three can make a time of your own.”
XX: These two teammates helped me get the team gold.
ZJK: I am very proud to attend the Olympic Games with these two teammates and head coach.
ML: It may be the last show of three of us together. So we hope to make the time of three of us together a good memory.

The original transcripts:
ZJK: 超过自己的想象, 也超过所有人的想象, 可能他们在赛前感觉继科可能打不到 这样了吧.
LGL: 因为他的状态确实让人很担忧, 但是在报名的时候, 我总会有一种潜在的声音, 就会想到用继科. 我觉得这是一种内心的力量, 最关键的时刻, 你觉得: 我有张继科, 我不害怕.
ZJK: 回想的时候, 应该在12:11的时候叫暂停. 因为自己11:10领先, 12:11领先. 没叫暂停, 有点后悔. 我也想搏, 没机会. 其实回忆我都记不住, 除了第一局, 后二三四局我都记不住, 被打懵了. 根本没有还手的余地, 就是这样, 你无论是他的强项还是他的弱项, 自己都抓不住, 弱项也成强项了, 强项变得更强.
ML: 我觉得在这个时代里能跟继科儿同 名其实真的觉得骄傲. 在场上是对手, 但在场下就是兄弟.
ZJK: 输其实自己也会有遗憾, 但是真正打到那个份儿上了, 确实也值了.
LGL: 他不可能没有波动. 他所有四年的努力, 包括双满贯的梦想都承载在里面. 能够这么短时间要复合, 除非有非常强大的内心. 当时他给我发了一条微信, 他说刘指导你放心, 团体赛我肯定会全力以赴. 您担心我的那些问题, 我都不会出现, 而且我保证比上一届的王皓做得更好. 哇, 当时我看到这个信息的时候, 我浑身起鸡皮疙瘩, 发自内心地给继科儿鼓掌和喝彩.
ZJK: 在前四局几乎就倒不过气来, 一直被别人压着打, 其实我第四局就在做思想斗争我要 不要使用这个技术, 很搏杀的一个技术, 犹豫半天还是没用. 第五局我想, 不行, 我得用我得用. 第五局2:1打的那个球是我最值得回 忆的, 太舒服了.
ML: 让我看到继科儿在场上恐怖的那一面. 让我感觉到全世界只有张继科能打出这样的球.
LGL: 我说这可能是你们三个合作的第一届, 也可能是最后一届. 我希望你们能够有一个时代, 成立一个自己的时代.
XX: 这两个参加单打的运动员确实也是带着我拿到团 体冠军了.
ZJK: 很自豪能和这两位队友, 和主教练一个团体去参加奥运会.
ML: 什么舞台上可能也都是最后一次这种 表演. 所以我们希望能够把这样一个属于我们三个人的时代去美 好回忆.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
In this documentary on Rio 2016 by CCTV, there are parts of LGL and ML talking about ML's match against Jeoung Youngsik and ML talking about the final against ZJK. But it was not included in the video clip above :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
ZJK: It is beyond my imagination. It is beyond everyone's imagination. Before the match, many people may think that ZJK cannot play like this.
LGL: People were worried about his performance. But when submitting the entry list, there was a voice in my heart telling me to choose ZJK. I think this is a power from inside. At the key moment, you will feel this way: I am fearless because I have ZJK.
ZJK: When I think back, I should have called a timeout at 12:11 in the first set. I was leading 11:10 and 12:11. I am a little regretful not calling a timeout. I wanted to fight, but without a chance. To be honest, I cannot remember the full match except for the first set. I cannot remember the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th set. I was overwhelmed. There was no room for me to fight back. Like this, I could not find any opportunity either in his strength or in his weakness. His weakness became his strength; his strength became even stronger.
ML: I am really proud to be on par with ZJK in this era. We are rivals on the court and we are brothers off the court.
ZJK: It is a pity that I lost the final. But it is all worthy since I played to such a level.
LGL: No way that he can keep calm (after the final). The final was for all his efforts during the past 4 years and the dream of getting two rounds of Grand Slam. To recover in such a short period of time, he has to have a big heart. He sent me a message saying that, “Coach Liu, please be worry free. I will try all my best for the team events. All that you worried about me will not happen. I can assure you that I will do better than what Wang Hao did in last Olympic Games.” When I saw this message, I was very touched and applauded and cheered for ZJK.
ZJK: The first 4 sets made me hard to breathe; I was pushed all the time. In the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] set, I was debating whether to use a technique, a very aggressive one. I did not use it after hesitation. In the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] set, I thought I must use it. 2:1 in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] set was the most memorable shot, which made me so comfortable.
ML: It showed me the formidable side of ZJK on the court. It made me feel that only ZJK in the world can play like this.
About the team event:
LGL: I told them, “This is the first Olympic Games you three played together, and this may be the last one. I hope you three can make a time of your own.”
ZJK: I am very proud to attend the Olympic Games with these two teammates and head coach.
ML: It may be the last show of three of us together. So we hope to make the time of three of us together a good memory.

LGL: 因为他的状态确实让人很担忧, 但是在报名的时候, 我总会有一种潜在的声音, 就会想到用继科. 我觉得这是一种内心的力量, 最关键的时刻, 你觉得: 我有张继科, 我不害怕.
ZJK: 回想的时候, 应该在12:11的时候叫暂停. 因为自己11:10领先, 12:11领先. 没叫暂停, 有点后悔. 我也想搏, 没机会. 其实回忆我都记不住, 除了第一局, 后二三四局我都记不住, 被打懵了. 根本没有还手的余地, 就是这样, 你无论是他的强项还是他的弱项, 自己都抓不住, 弱项也成强项了, 强项变得更强.
LGL: 他不可能没有波动. 他所有四年的努力, 包括双满贯的梦想都承载在里面. 能够这么短时间要复合, 除非有非常强大的内心. 当时他给我发了一条微信, 他说刘指导你放心, 团体赛我肯定会全力以赴. 您担心我的那些问题, 我都不会出现, 而且我保证比上一届的王皓做得更好. 哇, 当时我看到这个信息的时候, 我浑身起鸡皮疙瘩, 发自内心地给继科儿鼓掌和喝彩.
ZJK: 在前四局几乎就倒不过气来, 一直被别人压着打, 其实我第四局就在做思想斗争我要 不要使用这个技术, 很搏杀的一个技术, 犹豫半天还是没用. 第五局我想, 不行, 我得用我得用. 第五局2:1打的那个球是我最值得回 忆的, 太舒服了.

Dude, relax with all that ZJK ML drama he didnt say anything weird or dissappointing about his performance. Im saying that referring to your 1st post. When ML himself speaks about "on par" then nothing more needs to be said about their worth.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
In the same documentary, ML commented on the final.
ML: After I won the first set, I was feeling very good and confident about my performance.
ML: I think I won the match because I played really well. I don't think ZJK underperformed.
第一局自己顶下来以后, 我觉得自己那天的状态包括自我的感 觉也是非常好的.
我觉得更主要是自己打的太好了, 不是说继科儿他出现了什么样的失常.

In another interview with Table Tennis World Magazine, ZJK made similar comments on the final.
ZJK thought the first set was crucial. "I caught up to 10:10 and led 12:11. I did not call a timeout". He usually calls a timeout at the set point without hesitation and wins the set after the timeout. Why did he not call a timeout this time? ZJK explained, "I felt it was too early to call a timeout". That being said, ZJK felt that he could make the first set without the timeout. That's why he did not call.
"I lost the first set after 12:12. For those key points, I did not play as well as ML. During the following three sets, I felt that indeed ML played better than me, one set after another. His mentality, his techniques and all his performance were so good." ZJK said that particular ML who stood on the court of the Olympic Games, was the most perfect ML that he had ever seen.

http://pingpangshijie.1she.com/9024/237432.html
The original paragraphs:
谈到和马龙的那场单打决赛, 张继科也认为决赛的第一局很关键, "追到10平, 在12:11领先时没叫暂停. " 为什么不像以往打到局点的时候那样坚决地叫个暂停, 然后上场后得分? 张继科解释, "那时候觉得叫暂停太早了. " 说白了, 张继科当时感觉自己能顶住马龙的攻击, 能咬下第一局.
"12平以后输掉第一局, 关键球的把握确实比马龙做得差一些. 后面三局球, 一局比一局更加明显地感觉马龙确实打得比我好, 他的心态, 他的技术, 他的所有发挥都特别好." 张继科说, 里约奥运会决赛场上站在他对面的马 龙, 是他见过的表现最完美的马龙.

Of course ZJK did not say anything weird and I believe he was telling about his true feelings in different interviews. But apparently some people (most of the time, ZJK's fans) think that ZJK lost to ML because he underperformed / he was injured in the SF/ the match was fixed/ he lost the match which he did not care. I was joking in #2 because what ZJK said in the interview may make these people unsatisfied, as ZJK simply admitted that ML played so well that he could not find a solution to fight back; no other excuses.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In the same documentary, ML commented on the final.
ML: After I won the first set, I was feeling very good and confident about my performance.
ML: I think I won the match because I played really well. I don't think ZJK underperformed.
第一局自己顶下来以后, 我觉得自己那天的状态包括自我的感 觉也是非常好的.
我觉得更主要是自己打的太好了, 不是说继科儿他出现了什么样的失常.

In another interview with Table Tennis World Magazine, ZJK made similar comments on the final.
ZJK thought the first set was crucial. "I caught up to 10:10 and led 12:11. I did not call a timeout". He usually calls a timeout at the set point without hesitation and wins the set after the timeout. Why did he not call a timeout this time? ZJK explained, "I felt it was too early to call a timeout". That being said, ZJK felt that he could make the first set without the timeout. That's why he did not call.
"I lost the first set after 12:12. For those key points, I did not play as well as ML. During the following three sets, I felt that indeed ML played better than me, one set after another. His mentality, his techniques and all his performance were so good." ZJK said that particular ML who stood on the court of the Olympic Games, was the most perfect ML that he had ever seen.

http://pingpangshijie.1she.com/9024/237432.html
The original paragraphs:
谈到和马龙的那场单打决赛, 张继科也认为决赛的第一局很关键, "追到10平, 在12:11领先时没叫暂停. " 为什么不像以往打到局点的时候那样坚决地叫个暂停, 然后上场后得分? 张继科解释, "那时候觉得叫暂停太早了. " 说白了, 张继科当时感觉自己能顶住马龙的攻击, 能咬下第一局.
"12平以后输掉第一局, 关键球的把握确实比马龙做得差一些. 后面三局球, 一局比一局更加明显地感觉马龙确实打得比我好, 他的心态, 他的技术, 他的所有发挥都特别好." 张继科说, 里约奥运会决赛场上站在他对面的马 龙, 是他见过的表现最完美的马龙.

Of course ZJK did not say anything weird and I believe he was telling about his true feelings in different interviews. But apparently some people (most of the time, ZJK's fans) think that ZJK lost to ML because he underperformed / he was injured in the SF/ the match was fixed/ he lost the match which he did not care. I was joking in #2 because what ZJK said in the interview may make these people unsatisfied, as ZJK simply admitted that ML played so well that he could not find a solution to fight back; no other excuses.

Exactly. If you search back for the Olympics thread, you will find many such comments by the people who are telling you to chill now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
About the team event:

Thanks for taking time to translate.
[Emoji106]
Very interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Exactly. If you search back for the Olympics thread, you will find many such comments by the people who are telling you to chill now.

Guys seriously you are taking the whole issue too seriously. first of all I never used excuses for ZJK's performance, i highlighted many time after the final that he was dominated. You seem to have some trouble understanding and separating facts from excuses.

I asked for a translation which is much appreciated and instead i got an ironic (stop acting like a ****ing pussy reinever it was not a joke u clearly wanted to "play" me) reply "you wont like what ZJK said". Please show me EXACTLY where the **** is the funny part of your remark. I didnt even bother to reply back to you about your irony, instead I wanted to show you how I see your remark and how pointless it is.

Seriously i dont give a single **** if zhang jike thinks himself that he is ma long's bitch. Jesus its just a ****ing forum stop acting like its something serious

Next level its not the first time that you are misunderstanding my posts, so I dont know maybe you have issues maybe not maybe im just joking and I dont have any time or mood to waste my time with stupid arguements about who is right or wrong

Just enjoy the game already. Im not gonna apologize about my language, when clearly the level of hypocrisy here makes me wanna puke. But yeah "good manners" is wwhat is all about. But when you are so ironic , dont expect people to treat you back nice and then bitch about it like you have done in the past.

cheers over and out

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Guys seriously you are taking the whole issue too seriously. first of all I never used excuses for ZJK's performance, i highlighted many time after the final that he was dominated. You seem to have some trouble understanding and separating facts from excuses.

I asked for a translation which is much appreciated and instead i got an ironic (stop acting like a ****ing pussy reinever it was not a joke u clearly wanted to "play" me) reply "you wont like what ZJK said". Please show me EXACTLY where the **** is the funny part of your remark. I didnt even bother to reply back to you about your irony, instead I wanted to show you how I see your remark and how pointless it is.

Seriously i dont give a single **** if zhang jike thinks himself that he is ma long's bitch. Jesus its just a ****ing forum stop acting like its something serious

Next level its not the first time that you are misunderstanding my posts, so I dont know maybe you have issues maybe not maybe im just joking and I dont have any time or mood to waste my time with stupid arguements about who is right or wrong

Just enjoy the game already. Im not gonna apologize about my language, when clearly the level of hypocrisy here makes me wanna puke. But yeah "good manners" is wwhat is all about. But when you are so ironic , dont expect people to treat you back nice and then bitch about it like you have done in the past.

cheers over and out

No need to apologize for not having a sense of humor.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012

you are a treasure to this forum

The guy brings the truth into a pool of conspiracy theories, and some conspiracy-theory-making masters surely do not like it [emoji4]

One of the worst theories I ever heard abt the Olympic Final was zjk lost because he did not/forgot to change his rubber to new one, so the rubber that he used in the final match didnt work =))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The guy brings the truth into a pool of conspiracy theories, and some conspiracy-theory-making masters surely do not like it [emoji4]

One of the worst theories I ever heard abt the Olympic Final was zjk lost because he did not/forgot to change his rubber to new one, so the rubber that he used in the final match didnt work =))

Sent from my PEANUTSIZEBRAIN using Tapatalk

I was just joking. You seem to have a comprehension issue confusing facts with theoris.

j/k of course.

p.s. its hilarious that im the only one talking and both of you always use plural to present it as something significant "masters" really?. A guy says something and then some other guy says , look at these masters and their conspiracy theories.

p.s2. ma long has still some catching up to do in total medals in world competitions

p.s3. just joking

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
a bit more info translated

"Zhang Jike said he thinks he surprised the audience and that no one thought he would've done as well as he did. Lgl said that in the rio signup the most important situations he won't be afraid cause he has Zhang Jike . He then said he against ma long he really regretted throwing his 2 match points. He said he can't even remember the other sets, he tilted, ma longs weakness became his strong points and his strong points became even stronger. Zhang Jike said even though he is quite sad he thinks at the end it was still worth it. lgl then said Zhang Jike definitely had became sad/disappointed since all his 4 years of work was gone here, to be able to recover his mental state for teams you need to have a really strong mental mind. lgl then said Zhang Jike texted lgl saying, I promise I'll do my best in teams and even surpass Wang Hao, I won't make any mistakes that you are worried about. Then lgl in a nutshell basically said, he was very glad and it was very heart warming to hear that. Then Zhang Jike said that in the teams against youngsik, in the last set in the point 2-1 where he did a push flick thing, he said it was a technique he hesitated to use throughout the whole match but when he used it it was very satisfying and in the whole of rio his most memorable point. Ma long said, watching Zhang jikes scary side he believes Zhang jikes the only one in the world who can play a ball look this. Then bla bla bla lgl said something about how in a competition that winning pride p/reputation is more important then medals and this time they got both"

Reactions: Suga D and ping fun