This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Was really surprised that Chen Meng went for the exhibition shots at 6-10 in the final set.

Even with an injury, surely she could have just gone for it on those last few points with something different like flat hit swats or unusual blocks?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Was really surprised that Chen Meng went for the exhibition shots at 6-10 in the final set.

Even with an injury, surely she could have just gone for it on those last few points with something different like flat hit swats or unusual blocks?

Maybe she had a bet on herself loosing and is now a millionaire.......;);) but the other Chen T was really formidable, like she was on steroids or something

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
WCQ played his semi final to perfection.
He definetely did his homework, highlighting some of Falcks weaknesses. E.g. letting him lift the first topspin with the pips which often ended up a bit high and probably not so spinny. So he could just smash it through.
Still surprised Xu Xin got so beaten up. Maybe some extra motivation on Falck's side so he could bring out his sharpest game.

Regarding the camera position, I think it is obvious that you need both: a wider angle to oversee everything and closer ones to show the action. Just like in a football broadcast.

Personally I like the close ups because they better show the dynamics of our sport like these slowmos: https://youtu.be/plyyU1rRouQ - compare this to the boring angle of TTBL videos. I'm glad ITTF's video production is moving to that direction.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
???????? No probs bro. Don’t understand why all previous matches been on officially ITTF YouTube channel except final today!

I would assume that money is the reason. The broadcasting rights for some matches, in particular the finals, were exclusively sold to someone or some company, I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Dude, bingo. I hadn't even noticed all the advertising and this explain this stupid side angle view.

At first I thought it's just their stupidity, thinking that people want to just look at the table itself and look at the ball as it goes left and right. They don't realize that this is not only annoying, but more importantly you can't even properly see the players executing the stroke if your eyes constantly have to keep chasing the ball left and right on the screen.

But now I understand how far bigger of a scheme these stupid money making vultures are making us the audience a dumb friggin sheeple to be consumed by these greedy vultures and just making money out of it.

That's all they really care about, believe it or not those vultures couldn't care less about the sport, it's all about milking the cattle, that's one of the things that these greedy vultures are really into. They'll never treat us any different other than cattle.

IMHO the side view is much better than those distant bird's eye views.
Also we know that the best views are probably the diagonal ones close to table height.
And they mixed in many different views also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
He definetely did his homework, highlighting some of Falcks weaknesses. E.g. letting him lift the first topspin with the pips which often ended up a bit high and probably not so spinny. So he could just smash it through.
Still surprised Xu Xin got so beaten up. Maybe some extra motivation on Falck's side so he could bring out his sharpest game.

Regarding the camera position, I think it is obvious that you need both: a wider angle to oversee everything and closer ones to show the action. Just like in a football broadcast.

Personally I like the close ups because they better show the dynamics of our sport like these slowmos: https://youtu.be/plyyU1rRouQ - compare this to the boring angle of TTBL videos. I'm glad ITTF's video production is moving to that direction.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

the slowmo looks astonishing! If this wtt could have done some of them!

xu xin tends to take the timing a little late and play with heavy spin instead of smashing. His game isn’t particularly “all-round”. I guess that’s probably why he struggles a lot more with Falck’s short pip. He struggled a lot with Pitchford’s float touches and short play when he lost to the Englishman before. He doesn’t play quick kills just as well as wang or ma.