This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Michael Maze is playing in Men's Singles qualifier group 48 trying for a career comeback. Incredibly neither of his matches are scheduled on streamed tables. Not even his match against Karakasevic on Monday. We have 2 former European greats playing in a WTTC in Europe and they don't put their match on a streaming table. What is wrong with ITTF schedulers
cache.php

Well, no offense meant but maybe the rest of the world doesn't give a hoot.. Or at least not enough to justify any favourable treatment.
I for one am enjoying the crazy variety, and I literally *want* to say, well done Supanut Wisutmaythangkoon on your victory.

Anyhow, Maze's won so far, Ttfpger's bet is on!!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Well, no offense meant but maybe the rest of the world doesn't give a hoot.. Or at least not enough to justify any favourable treatment.
I for one am enjoying the crazy variety, and I literally *want* to say, well done Supanut Wisutmaythangkoon on your victory.

Anyhow, Maze's won so far, Ttfpger's bet is on!!
No offense taken. We know the world doesn't give a hoot about TT in general. The stands on day 1 of WTTC are empty as they are for most of their events. For those of us that do put up with crappy ITTV streaming and are passionate about TT, putting interesting matches on streaming tables should be something ITTF should be thinking about.

A former high ranking European against a former top 10 trying to recover from injuries and trying a come back in his career should be a compelling match to put on a streaming table.

At the time that Karakasvic and Maze are scheduled to play on Monday Apr 22nd, the following matches will be on the streaming tables. Does the world give a hoot more about these matches?
Lakatos Tamas (HUN) vs. Yogarajah Akhlen (MRI) – Table 1
Hu Hemming (NZL) vs. Chan Yook Fo Brian (MRI) – Table 2
Kallberg Anton (SWE) vs. Yigenler Abdullah (TUR) – Table 3
Saleh Ahmed (EGY) vs. Rakotoarisoa Setra (MAD) – Table 4
Ishy VItar (BRA) vs. Lawal Abiadun (CGO) – Table 5
Olivares Felipe (CHI) vs. Passara Pattaratorn (THA) – Table 6
Omotayo Olajide (NGR) vs. Oba Oba Kizito (CIV) – Table 7
Cantero Jesus (ESP) vs. Evans Callum (WAL) – Table 8

Reactions: jawien
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Michael Maze is playing in Men's Singles qualifier group 48 trying for a career comeback. Incredibly neither of his matches are scheduled on streamed tables. Not even his match against Karakasevic on Monday. We have 2 former European greats playing in a WTTC in Europe and they don't put their match on a streaming table. What is wrong with ITTF schedulers
cache.php

I'm probably no less prone to nostalgia than anybody, but I do have an inkling there's a simple explanation for this.

Given limited resources, you need to prioritize in dedicating them. The phrase "former greats" did sting, in the above quite, but it also bares a painful truth in doing so. And it explains why the streaming cameras get pointed elsewhere.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm probably no less prone to nostalgia than anybody, but I do have an inkling there's a simple explanation for this.

Given limited resources, you need to prioritize in dedicating them. The phrase "former greats" did sting, in the above quite, but it also bares a painful truth in doing so. And it explains why the streaming cameras get pointed elsewhere.

It probably is a function of assigning tables based on the draw. The ITTF should try to do a bit better as they try to grow the sport. Table and court reassignments to maximize eyeballs and take advantage of spectator interest are have common analogies in major sports.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
No offense taken. We know the world doesn't give a hoot about TT in general. The stands on day 1 of WTTC are empty as they are for most of their events. For those of us that do put up with crappy ITTV streaming and are passionate about TT, putting interesting matches on streaming tables should be something ITTF should be thinking about.

A former high ranking European against a former top 10 trying to recover from injuries and trying a come back in his career should be a compelling match to put on a streaming table.

At the time that Karakasvic and Maze are scheduled to play on Monday Apr 22nd, the following matches will be on the streaming tables. Does the world give a hoot more about these matches?
Lakatos Tamas (HUN) vs. Yogarajah Akhlen (MRI) – Table 1
Hu Hemming (NZL) vs. Chan Yook Fo Brian (MRI) – Table 2
Kallberg Anton (SWE) vs. Yigenler Abdullah (TUR) – Table 3
Saleh Ahmed (EGY) vs. Rakotoarisoa Setra (MAD) – Table 4
Ishy VItar (BRA) vs. Lawal Abiadun (CGO) – Table 5
Olivares Felipe (CHI) vs. Passara Pattaratorn (THA) – Table 6
Omotayo Olajide (NGR) vs. Oba Oba Kizito (CIV) – Table 7
Cantero Jesus (ESP) vs. Evans Callum (WAL) – Table 8

Table 2 has the top ranked player from Oceania Heming Hu, (from AUS not NZL by the way) so there are likely a few people down under who give a hoot. There will be players from each of the listed countries watching their representatives. But it's unlikely that people from outside of those countries will focus on matches from Madagascar, Cote D'Ivore, etc.

Live streaming Maze vs Karakasevic would have given us one of the best matches in the group stage to watch, but the video quality isn't great, and it's also important that lesser known countries get a sliver of the limelight. Most of these guys will never get live streamed again, they can hold on to it forever. Hope they play well and do their countries proud.

The best way to see all the matches you want is to go there in person, WTTC is an experience of a lifetime.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I love how the AGM stream has better production quality than the match tables. Hurray!

Nice to find out they have stats for all matches on all 32 tables.

P0WfFSF.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
Jan 2018
Voting for Morocco and US for the host of WTTC 2021 about to begin.

Then China, Japan, and Portugal for WTTC 2022.

CTTA and USATT are actually working in collaboration here. China supports US for WTTC 2021 and US supports China for WTTC 2022.

AN6QRSx.jpg

rYyEw07.jpg

Eo43gHp.jpg

I chuckled when Lily said "...seen exponential growth for table tennis in the US..."

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/04/21/0012262161.shtml
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pi...d=pcpager_spt&loc=2&r=9&rfunc=38&tj=none&tr=9
  这次的抽签,是张本智和帮水谷抽的,得知自己分到了集结了中国选手的一区后,水谷立马浮现出很难过的神情。通过视频直播,观看了张本替自己抽到了“死亡之组”的水谷,苦笑道:“我打心底里恨他!”不过玩笑话过后,水谷表示已经对这个结果有一定的心理准备:“因为这次比赛前我没能成为世界排名前八的种子选手,所以不管是谁抽的签,结果都会差不多——肯定要和强敌一区,况且我的运气一贯比较差。”

水谷此前已经表明这是自己参加的最后一届世乒赛,他表示现在心态平和:“说实话,没有想多好的名次,先把眼前的每一场比赛打好。比起胜利,发挥出自己的所有水准更加重要。”据悉,水谷在出征世乒赛前颈伤复发,现在已经逐渐转好,“希望以最好的状态打比赛。”
This time, the draw was done by Harimoto on behalf of Mizutani. After learning that he had been drawn to a block where Chinese players are, Mizutani immediately showed a very sad look. Watching through the live stream, Mizutani smiled bitterly: “I hate him from the bottom of my heart!” After the joke, Mizutani said that he had some psychological preparations for this result, saying "because I didn't become the top 8 seed before the championships, no matter who drew it, the result would've almost been the same, and my luck has always been poor."

Mizutani has already indicated that this will be his last [individual] WTTC. He said that his mentality is now calm: "To tell the truth, I haven't thought much about the results. I'll first play every match well. Playing at my best level is more important than winning.” It is reported that Mizutani has a relapse of neck injury before the WTTC. Now it has gradually turned better. “I hope to play in the best state.”

Jan 2018
So many challenge questions for Portugal. I feel bad for them.

This user has no status.
You know what's missing here? Any really serious discussion of the women's side. Someone should start a separate thread.

There's way more here about the woman's than that thread. Maybe you should start a doubles thread, separate for women's, men's and mixed of course.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Table 2 has the top ranked player from Oceania Heming Hu, (from AUS not NZL by the way) so there are likely a few people down under who give a hoot. There will be players from each of the listed countries watching their representatives. But it's unlikely that people from outside of those countries will focus on matches from Madagascar, Cote D'Ivore, etc.

Live streaming Maze vs Karakasevic would have given us one of the best matches in the group stage to watch, but the video quality isn't great, and it's also important that lesser known countries get a sliver of the limelight. Most of these guys will never get live streamed again, they can hold on to it forever. Hope they play well and do their countries proud.

The best way to see all the matches you want is to go there in person, WTTC is an experience of a lifetime.

I get the lesser countries argument, but I think you (suspecting you have close ties to the ITTF) are rationalizing the ITTFs inability to work something out for situations like this.