This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Regardless of whether CM wins (which looks like she is going to), I think she's gonna be WR#1 tomorrow?

Hmm I found it weird in the WMY vs Ito match that almost all of WMY's serves were cross court into Ito's backhand. Regardless of whether Ito was running around it or just backhanding it. That was a noticeable lack of variety in placement.

I wonder if CNT analytics found some weakness, or of WMY is just trying to cut down on Ito's variety by cutting down on variables.

Maybe it's just a case of 'I know you have no banana flick, so i find all your backhand receives acceptable'.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hmm I found it weird in the WMY vs Ito match that almost all of WMY's serves were cross court into Ito's backhand. Regardless of whether Ito was running around it or just backhanding it. That was a noticeable lack of variety in placement.

I wonder if CNT analytics found some weakness, or of WMY is just trying to cut down on Ito's variety by cutting down on variables.

Maybe it's just a case of 'I know you have no banana flick, so i find all your backhand receives acceptable'.

WMY served the same way vs LSW as well. I think she just prefers to get returns from that point on the table. I suspect coaches will encourage her to change this later but this will likely be forever her preferred mode of play.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Interesting thing I found out is that Ma Long won quite a lot of points on receive while playing Fan Zhendong with long push into the backhand. Its like Fan Zhendong doesnt know what to do with it. He fluked it off the table so many times.. Or just let Ma Long a good position. I find that as a weakness of FZD. The weird thing is, that he had more trouble when the return was higher..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think that ML's 4-1 win is partly the reason for that. Hard to get excited when ML put a major dent in anyone's feelings that Fan might be catching up. And that dent kinda extended itself to the whole TT universe. Harimoto and LGY/XX may get their chance, but other than someone beating ML or taking ML to 7 games, it is all going to be humdrum.
This win over LGY does the same thing. Harimoto looks better and better in perspective. It also means that even with the gap in experience, FZD, LJK and LGY might be closer together than I thought after Marvelous 12.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
"TT world has been weakest since 2015".
A WR#5 just beat WR#1,4 and 2. So boring.

Ya, go bang your head in the link below. Anyone who hasn't lived through the era when World Championships meant something won't be able to tell.

https://bbs.hupu.com/27681912.html#171342
至于马龙的历史地位,很可惜,
在现在连世乒赛都不复存在的年代,已经没有为他提供辉煌的舞台了。
更不用说他现在的对手,40岁的波尔,15岁的张本。。。
连个证道的垫脚石都找不到。
另外马龙的一个减分项,
他是顺序接班,等年长的王皓,甚至乱入的张继科,
都退出以后,才论资排辈成为世界第一人的。
As for ML's historical status, it's a shame.
In a time when the WTTC doesn't exist anymore, he lacks the platform on which to shine.
Not to mention his current opponents, 40-year-old Boll, 15-year-old Harimoto...
Not even a stepping stone to ascendancy could be found.
Another minus for ML.
He's a next-in-line successor, waiting for the senior WH, and even the barged-in ZJK
to both recede, and only then, by his seniority, did he become the World No 1.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
tough loss for Harimoto, he had his chances in this match, especially if he converted one of his game points in the 2nd

MA Long was excellent, but was a bit shaken by the kid.

HT is not even 16 yet (this month) and can get better until the Tokyo Olympics. I believe in him.
No, it not TH can get better until the Tokyo Olympics, its TH WILL get better by the time the Tokyo Olympics come along. The question will be how well he will be able to withstand the pressure playing in Tokyo with all these expectations on him.

ML is simply amazing, no words to describe what he can do on the court. The risk of injury between now and Toyko is still there. And going for double grand slam will have enormous pressure on him as well.