Expanding your rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

The rubbers don't shrink just like that, it's cuz you strecthed it when gluing. Notice how de sides haven't shrinked but only on the vertical. Only way is to boost and stretch a little when gluing it back on:)

Well. The original 729 V-6 blade is a smaller one, but I'm always careful so I don't stretch new rubbers when putting them on. What I have experienced is that softer sponged rubbers tend to shrink more. I mean the first 3-5 times I move the rubbers, there's no problem. Usually when I put it in a plastic bag for storage some time, and then want to use it again, there has been some shrinkage going on. So I wonder if there's not any drying out process that make rubbers shrink a bit over time?

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
My experience is that after expanding the rubber sooner or later it shrinks back. Someone in the previous posts mentioned already that the first time we cut the rubber have to wait till the glue is completely dry and try not to stretch. This may prevent extreme rubber shrinkage

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
My experience is that after expanding the rubber sooner or later it shrinks back. Someone in the previous posts mentioned already that the first time we cut the rubber have to wait till the glue is completely dry and try not to stretch. This may prevent extreme rubber shrinkage

That's for sure, but I always wait for the glue to completely dry. Else it doesn't hold. And I haven't used booster before, so there's nothing that should expand the rubber then I think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 2 reviews

Well. The original 729 V-6 blade is a smaller one, but I'm always careful so I don't stretch new rubbers when putting them on. What I have experienced is that softer sponged rubbers tend to shrink more. I mean the first 3-5 times I move the rubbers, there's no problem. Usually when I put it in a plastic bag for storage some time, and then want to use it again, there has been some shrinkage going on. So I wonder if there's not any drying out process that make rubbers shrink a bit over time?

softer rubbers are easier to stretch am I right😄 I've had thee same problem with FX-P but that was when I glued my first time. Now im really gentle when i roll on my rubbers

Reactions: mocker88