New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
I did this in my case and the next day the topsheet that had touched the tenergy sponge had absorbed tuning from the sponge and it was not sitting between the topsheet and sponge of the bottom sheet and these places were visible bumps that one thought could be a buble but it wasn't...within a few days the rubber retracts to normal
This is also a test of how fresh the Tenergy you buy is...the newer it is the greater and quicker the impact of tuning the topsheet of the other rubber...the older it is the less you will see this happening.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
BTY: This is where your money goes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
With my American ear, it sounds like he is pronouncing it: Dig er NIC its; four syllables with the main accent on NIC and the secondary accent on Dig. I've been pronouncing wrong all this time.

Jan 2018
Di-gu-ni-ku-su, to be precise. Japanese is a syllabary language. They're not pronouncing in English here. They're pronouncing a pseudo-English word in their native tongue, ok?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Di-gu-ni-ku-su, to be precise. Japanese is a syllabary language. They're not pronouncing in English here. They're pronouncing a pseudo-English word in their native tongue, ok?

Exactly.
Finally someone. Thank you.
I know a half japanese girl, her name is actually Christina but if she says it with japanese pronounciation it sounds like Kudisteena. The 'Ku' being very short and the 'dis' accentuated.

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
I don't know if there really is a correct way of saying it.

For example: we say Tenergy, but they say Tenaji in Japan.
In Japan it's Digunikusu, but I'll call it Dignics.

It's tension energy so the way we say it is correct as it's an English portmanteau. Tenaji is their attempt at that. Their language makes it impossible to say it like we do. Some words are a lot easier than others. I wonder why they would choose one that is so tricky for Japanese. It would be like ESN calling a rubber a Japanese name we couldn't pronounce. Butterfly conversely is easy for them to pronounce comparatively.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I love how they pronounce Go'be'ri'ne Sray'er'uh

Anyway when can you buy this?

NDH

says Spin to win!
So the UK supplier has just listed this at an eye watering £74.99 per sheet.

For reference, all of the Tenergy range is £56.99.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see Dignics selling at that price.

Perhaps some rich juniors who buy into the marketing hype, or rich adults for that matter who want to try it out, or feel like they are playing with the very best equipment.

I'd be very surprised if people end up seeing it how they see Tenergy - Certainly in my circles, Tenergy is seen as the gold standard and people are happy to pay the price for the performance.

I fail to see what the extra money is buying you, or how it could be so much better.

I guess we'll wait and see!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I'm quite certain that most of the T05 crowd in my club will be upgrading to Dignics. The people that jumped ship after the last price increase will never go back to BTY as most seem quite happy with the alternatives from Stiga, Xiom and Victas.

What about yourself NDH? Will you try it out?

Jan 2018
T05 ...$74.99 -> $77.99 -> $79.99

Curse you greedy bastards!

Tada...

D05 $104.99

T05 is such a freakin' bargain! Here, take my money!

NDH

says Spin to win!
I'm quite certain that most of the T05 crowd in my club will be upgrading to Dignics. The people that jumped ship after the last price increase will never go back to BTY as most seem quite happy with the alternatives from Stiga, Xiom and Victas.

What about yourself NDH? Will you try it out?

I won't buy it, no.

I'll try it if someone else buys it - But I just can't justify that sort of money for the extra benefit.

I'd have to ask myself, will it really improve my game that much?

I'm likely to finish the 2 hardest leagues (top division) with 80% this year, which is likely going to be the most I could ever hope for.

Even if Dignics made me achieve 100%, it's not worth the extra £40 each time I change rubbers.

Without sounding blunt, I don't see any normal player (not elite level), genuinely benefiting from this.......

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I agree. There're probably very few players outside of the world top 500(?) that fully can take advantage of the theoretical performance gain of D05 compared to T05.

I still think that a lot of the sub-elite (division 2-5) crowd in my club who love T05 will "upgrade". They've already accepted the insane price of T05 and most are quite well off as this is a city with high incomes in general. I guess that it's similar to i-Phone vs Android. Some gets upset with the price increases and jumps ship quite early in the product family lifecycle whereas some just accept the pricetag as they perceive some kind of value in the brand/product and just continue to upgrade as they can afford it.

Personally I just hope that Rozena stays at a fairly low pricepoint since the rubber is mega brittle forcing me to replace the rubbers due to cracks in the topsheet.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
T05 ...$74.99 -> $77.99 -> $79.99

Curse you greedy bastards!

Tada...

D05 $104.99

T05 is such a freakin' bargain! Here, take my money!

W00t, $79.99 for a second rate has been rubber? :) Better shell out that relatively small extra #pops for the real thing, then.

Pretty happy with my Rozena, durability (for me) better than expected. Yes, brittle and prone to tear upon mishaps. Hope I'll be able to keep avoiding these.

Last edited: