Austrian Open 2019 [12-17 November 2019]

This user has no status.
Kanak Jha makes the main draw. This is an amazing month for him so far.

Now he faces Calderano again. I don’t believe he has a chance against Hugo.

Truls lost to Tsuboi. This boy plays beautiful smashing from everywhere but for me the hype on him its just because he looks like Justin Bieber. I can’t see him on the top 50.

Filus vs Harimoto will be nice to watch.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The best and worst at the same time scenario for Ishikawa is to meet hayata in first round. if she can survive there will be no doubt she should Play olympics if hayata wins which is more probable JTTA will have a big headache.

actually this draw is even better for ishikawa (lucky again). Hayata and Hirano throw each other out of the competition. If Hirano loses, Ishikawa has a better shot at the 2. singles spot and if hayata loses, she loses another chance to make her case for a possible team spot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
actually this draw is even better for ishikawa (lucky again). Hayata and Hirano throw each other out of the competition. If Hirano loses, Ishikawa has a better shot at the 2. singles spot and if hayata loses, she loses another chance to make her case for a possible team spot
Draw - you mean the whole???
Comparing to the pair you mentioned Kasumi has much tougher opponents. I am not even that sure if she can easily win the first match, but if she does she will have very good chinese players untill the final in each round.
Hirano/hayata - whoever wins next round should be quite easy for one of them. So if anything unusual happens one of those should get more points in this tournament then Ishikawa.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
ishikawa meets a CNT member one round earlier. And you are right, Im also unsure if she can win the first match. Just like most of her games ;)

// I know that Im to harsh with everybodys idol-senpei

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
3 months of suspension for WCQ and 1 month for his coach LGZ, effective immediately.

Both are to return home immediately. I guess he'll forfeit his MD with FZD and XD with LSW later today.

http://www.ctta.cn/xhgg/qttz/2019/1114/300581.html
l0kQdie.png

中国乒乓球协会关于对国家队运动员王楚钦及其主管教练刘国正进行处罚的决定
2019-11-14 16:48中国乒乓球协会

奥地利当地时间11月13日,2019年奥地利乒乓球公开赛比赛中,国家乒乓球队运动员王楚钦在与队友赵子豪比赛中情绪失控,故意扔掉球拍,对中国乒乓球协会和中国运动员的国际形象造成不良社会影响。

根据《体育总局关于进一步规范体育赛场行为的若干意见》、《国家队运动员行为规范》、《国家队教练员行为规范》等相关规定,经研究,决定给予王楚钦停赛三个月处罚(2019年11月13日至2020年2月13日),对负有管理责任的主管教练刘国正给予停赛一个月处罚(2019年11月13日至12月13日),并责令以上人员立即回国,对此事进行深刻反思和检讨。

中国乒协对此问题高度重视,将进一步加强队伍管理和思想道德教育,要求所有教练员、运动员引以为戒,杜绝此类现象再次发生。

WCQ's apology on his Weibo.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4438349362165130
UZ40p39.png

王楚钦___
15小时前 来自 iPhone客户端
今天自己犯了很严重的错误,比赛输球没有控制好自己的情绪在场上出现了过激行为,在这里向大家自我检讨,自己给这个光荣的集体抹了黑,在这里也向赵子豪和裁判员道歉,虽然自己是在跟自己生气,但也不应该出现这种行为,同时自己也保证在后面的比赛中绝不会再出现这种情况,自己也会努力的去成为一名全方位的优秀运动员,请大家监督,对不起让你们失望了。

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Does anybody know where is Xu Xin? He won 2 platinum events this year so I'm surprised he's not in this one.

I'd say he's had a well-deserved little break coming for quite a while already. Hope he's replenishing as I type, for Xu Xin is a spice of life player to me.

Reactions: Janard
Jan 2018
Could you please translate ?

what exactly are they saying about WCQ ?

Courtesy of Google Translate:

China Table Tennis Association's decision on penalizing the national team athlete Wang Chuqin and his supervisor Liu Guozheng
2019-11-14 16:48 China Table Tennis Association

Austrian local time November 13th, 2019 Austrian table tennis open competition, national table tennis team player Wang Chuqin in the game with teammate Zhao Zihao emotional out of control, deliberately throwing the racket, the international image of the Chinese table tennis association and Chinese athletes Bad social impact.

According to the "Sports General Administration's Opinions on Further Regulating the Behavior of Sports Arenas", "National Team Athletes' Code of Conduct", "National Team Coaches Code of Conduct" and other relevant regulations, after research, it was decided to give Wang Chuqin a three-month suspension (2019) From November 13th to February 13th, 2020, Liu Guozheng, the supervisor in charge of management responsibility, was given a one-month suspension (from November 13th to December 13th, 2019), and ordered the above personnel to return to China immediately. Deeply reflect and review this matter.

The China Table Tennis Association attaches great importance to this issue and will further strengthen team management and ideological and moral education, requiring all coaches and athletes to take precautions to prevent such phenomena from happening again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
So, why did the Serbian pair forfeit? That's like giving LGY/ZYL a free ticket to the semis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Serbia: We are comrades in arms with China.

I feel like sending LGZ back kind of shortchanges the other male players who are still there, considering not all the coaches from the men's team went (e.g. Chen Qi).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
My personal opinion (possibly erroneous) is that the game was made mainly by Hina Hayata .....
I especially note her perseverance, the will to win .....

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi