Anyone using Yasaka Mark V (Max)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Depend on your skills, I mean for a beginner its fine. If you are already seasoned player you would not use this rubber. Go for tensor rubbers.

This user has no status.
I have used Mark V rubbers for years, both the standard and the Mark V M2, generally in 2mm thickness. Having not played for 15 years, I picked up my old bat recently and amazingly, after a good clean, the rubbers were in decent condition. The durability of Mark V is amazing.

It is quite a fast rubber but still with lots of control by todays standards, but as a beginner (as I am once again) I find it too fast so have gone to something slower to help me redevelop my technique.

It is a great rubber though, loads of spin, plenty of power and seems to just work for most people most of the time.

Reactions: Nikhil
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As many Amature TT players there are in Korea, AND as popular a brand Yasaka is here, in three years I have yetto see ANYONE use Mark V, period. I have seen exactly ONE sheet of Sriver as well.

OTH, we see a boatload of Yasaka Extend HS. ($40 USD) That is the standard rubber of choice for many coaches for beginning and intermediate players. Yasaka must have through Hanool Sports distributor sold a few million sheets in the 2010 decade already. Omega II is the overwhelming choice of those who refuse to pay for Tenergy, but now TAK9.com has made a lot of inroads in marketing Tibhar, Stiga, Euro stuff and that is getting on a roll.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I have a Mark V, out of the box it performs beautifully, very spinny with great control. After a few months it loses about 20% performance-wise and settles into an above average rubber and it seems to stay this way for a long time. For me this rubber beats any other rubber on two counts: versatility and durability (just barely beating out Sriver). For me it does all strokes well with emphasis on control and not so much in speed. I use it on an ALL blade, great control, fantastic dwell, spinny serves and pushes, blocks well and I have not found problems chopping with it (although I'm not much of a chopper, but do so occasionlly). Would I buy another sheet? Definitely! for my 11 year old kid, just started playing for 6 months now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I have a Mark V, out of the box it performs beautifully, very spinny with great control. After a few months it loses about 20% performance-wise and settles into an above average rubber and it seems to stay this way for a long time. For me this rubber beats any other rubber on two counts: versatility and durability (just barely beating out Sriver). For me it does all strokes well with emphasis on control and not so much in speed. I use it on an ALL blade, great control, fantastic dwell, spinny serves and pushes, blocks well and I have not found problems chopping with it (although I'm not much of a chopper, but do so occasionlly). Would I buy another sheet? Definitely! for my 11 year old kid, just started playing for 6 months now.

i agree except that i find sriver to be more durable though

Reactions: Knuckle Ball
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hanwool Sports Korea sells Mark V M2 and a J-Pen blade as a set for $40 USD, so the market here for Mark V M2 (and Mark V) is pretty bleak. That rubber alone is supposed to retail for well over $40 USD...

That is amazing considering how strong a brand Yasaka is and how well Extend HS sells like hotcakes...

Also, the Yasaka T is a standard must-have item for Korean TT players.

Yasaka1.jpg