This user has no status.
Jul 2014
H8 is on eacheng. Anyone played w it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Pretty old post but I have been playing the h 8 again and I really like it. I have moved between h3 neo, rising dragon and H8 and I don't need to adjust to much between each rubber to play them. But there are differences and small strong points. I play the h3 with some boost (falcons long) on power wood blade. RD on a Donic waldner v1, and the h8 on a appleglen all play. All three are limba blades the bigest difference being the speed increases with each blade. The thing I have noticed while playing the h8 this time around is that with the right mechanics it over rides spin better than anything I have hit. The throw angle is medium and you're really rewarded when you're brushing the ball. I have read advanced players talk about having the same stroke when looping spinning under spin and when doing a normal loop. While playing the h8 I have come closest to understanding what this feels like since the brush stroke on a loop feels more vertical and interchangeable. Other up sides, it blocks effectively a bit better than h3 and rising dragon for me it's really good on the short game and serves, and between it's top sheet and tackiness it's just great at lifting and countering spin. I'm not very good with the forehand flick but even at that this shot seems pretty good with h8. Once i understood the stroke, it pretty vertical i felt confident being very aggressive (with topspin drives, not so with smashes) with the over the table some low balls. Strangely enough, I think because I felt more aggressive on the short ball and partially because I'm thinking about a full commitment to my swing started I feeling more like a forehand dormant player again when playing it. Down side for me is when I'm playing very constant more advanced player and I'm required to counter a lot, exchange aggressive top spins etc. I may not be in position to execute the full swing or my swing may get shorter and I end up netting balls more ball than normally. For all the up sides this last part is a big one and I have switched back to rising dragon because of it. Rd May not be quite as good in some of these areas but it's close and I feel like I can counter more affectively with it when in tight spots. Once I'm able to get some more training, work on my foot work etc, I'm sure I'll give it another try. it's a good rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
hi! i have played first with the mid-hard and now with the hard one! and i agree with gmiller2233... for me is really a good rubber! the service beeing one of the most important part of my match tacticts , with this rubber i put under a lot of pressure the opponent beeing abble to put a lot of spin or no spin balls on the serve! on the athor side, when i loop a ball (backspin) this is really charged with spin and most of my opponents block it over the table! i'm non a pro player but this is my toughts on the rubber, hope will help! :D

Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I just have tried H8 on hard blade (Andro Temper Tech OFF+) and it's really schocking for me that it can't produce spin during top spin. With classic movement (no brush vertically, movement start from lower position) my blocking friend said I thought you play drive. I am wondering is it because it's new rubber (it's very tacky) and later it will OK? I saw horrible behaivor of Tenergy when it was just unpacked.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I just have tried H8 on hard blade (Andro Temper Tech OFF+) and it's really schocking for me that it can't produce spin during top spin. With classic movement (no brush vertically, movement start from lower position) my blocking friend said I thought you play drive. I am wondering is it because it's new rubber (it's very tacky) and later it will OK? I saw horrible behaivor of Tenergy when it was just unpacked.

If your H8 is still tacky, then it is your (incorrect) technique, not the rubber.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012

Hurricane rubbers tend to take some time to break in. I also find that they play poorly for the first day or two.

Reactions: ttmonster