XIOM VEGA PRO issue

This user has no status.
How do you like the rubber overall? Just glued mine yesterday, it didn't crumble but a good part of it unglued towards the end of today's practice session. Never had rubbers come loose after just a couple hours of play. Good rubber but a bit too bouncy on BH side for my liking.

In general I had very good sensations with these rubbers, especially with the XVEGA EUROPA on backhand. These are my first XIOM rubbers and I tried them also with a new blade, a Sanwei Fextra, so everything was "new" for me. But anyway this setup fits well my playing style. But, you know, with the XVEGA PRO crumble issue I felt very disappointed, so maybe this influenced my feeling on fh, which was ok but not superb or at least as good as bh...
About the glueing this could be because of the quality of the used glue and/or because of spreading a too thin layer of glue on the blade/rubber. I never had a glue-issue like this, so I guess I'm lucky ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
How do you like the rubber overall? Just glued mine yesterday, it didn't crumble but a good part of it unglued towards the end of today's practice session. Never had rubbers come loose after just a couple hours of play. Good rubber but a bit too bouncy on BH side for my liking.

How many layers? I found the sponge of the Vega's needs at least two layers due to the way the glue absorbs. Also I found it impossible to peel glue layers off again afterwards compared to other rubbers.

This user has no status.
How many layers? I found the sponge of the Vega's needs at least two layers due to the way the glue absorbs. Also I found it impossible to peel glue layers off again afterwards compared to other rubbers.
Interesting... In my case I just spread one generous Stiga glue layer and have no peel off problems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey Schmetterboy,

I wanna help.
Usually, these cases happen if the rubbers are too old or as mentioned above, cut wrong.
But if you say that this happened after an hour of play, it is something that is worth looking into.

I am not sure where you've bought this, but since you reside in Europe I think XIOM EUROPE can help.

Please write to XIOM EUROPE,
1 ) with a scanned copy of a receipt of where you've purchased from.
2 ) cc e-mail to the location (shop) of purchase.
3 ) XIOM EUROPE will most likely to replace you with the rubber but with the condition where you send this rubber to XIOM EUROPE for investigation.

Generous move. Nice one, Mr. Lee

Other companies should take that as an example.

Well done.

product manager -> Simon Sangals

The TTR-Hunter?? How cool is that? Good catch.
Are you still looking for employees in Mörfelden? Sounds tempting...
[Emoji6]

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I always put just one layer, not too thick, not too thin, VOC glue. When I removed the rubber from the blade there was a completely dry patch, very curious. It played completely fine though, I don't know how :)