Good Japanese scissors for cutting rubbers

This user has no status.
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2] CUT THE RUBBER LIKE A BOSS.[/size]

New product. This pocket size cutter allows rubber sheet to be cut off with a regular hangover up to 3 mm all along the blade edge.
Dimo Ovtcharov is reportedly using the such one.

HTB1e6r6w.R1BeNjy0Fmq6z0wVXaj.jpg

Be happy.

three_layer_rubber.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
New product. This pocket size cutter allows rubber sheet to be cut off with a regular hangover up to 3 mm all along the blade edge.
More overhang because of the thicker scissor blades? :) Must be perfect if you are boosting and remove the rubbers all the time, I guess.

This user has no status.
Another vote for the Revolution 3 scissors, which were recommended to me by Rob @ Affordable Table Tennis.

One time I misplaced the Revolutions and used slightly smaller no-name curved manicure scissors, thinking they'd do the same job because they looked similar - nope, it was like a mouse had nibbled at the edges of the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
cache.php
i got these ,that i use to cut the lexan car bodies of my rc cars , i havent tried it yet ,because i use a blade and its working fine ,but i will try these on the next rubber

Xiom has a scissors just like this
i tested one, it is very sharp and easy to cut.
however I still prefer my special craft blade, where I have still hundreds of blade in stock, I can still cut thousands of bats before I need to find another solution or just topup on the blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
is a surgical scalpel is better compare to scalpel that can be bought in a bookstore?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I have scalpels, special angeled scissors , cutters etc... but Olfa h-1 25mm utility knife with carbon hbb-5 blades is the ultimate answer.
Just Google it.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
[SIZE=+2] CUT THE RUBBER LIKE A BOSS.[/SIZE]

cache.php

Be happy.

cache.php
Hmmm
interesting .... i`m always cutting 1-2mm border so this is interesting ...
Any link ?
Revolution are ok but not worth the price ... for example they are to dull to fix wrong cutting

This user has no status.
I use a store-branded snap off 18mm utility knife to cut the rubbers for the setups I sell - I've found it gives a clean cut which looks professional.

Process may seem long winded if you're not actually selling on the bat though!
1. Add a drop or two of oil on the cutting edge
2. Cut lightly around the blade to 'mark' the sponge
3. Cut through the sponge
4. Cut through the rubber.

So, all in all, three cuts for each rubber. Interested to see how other sellers do their cuts and naturally will be interested to know if using a scissors can get the same results in less time!

Attached some examples of previous cuts.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190921_002623.jpg
    MVIMG_20190921_002623.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 408
  • MVIMG_20190913_001137.jpg
    MVIMG_20190913_001137.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 415
  • MVIMG_20190921_002741.jpg
    MVIMG_20190921_002741.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls and Tinykin
This user has no status.
Curious about the thin aspect. I've usually found my cuts to be much more precise with an 18mm blade than with a 9mm one because the latter is more 'wobbly' and it's more difficult for me to do a clean cut.

Having said that, I do agree it's important that the cutting blade is flexible enough to curve around the blade, otherwise you'd likely end up with jagged edges.